2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsgamboa
Admin

PostSubject: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 pm

On the assumption that you heard/read the SONA of the President yesterday, July 28, 2008, identify at least 3 areas related to Human Resource Mangement and explain how these areas can improve our quality of life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rsg0927.forumsmotion.com
ailaine adaptar

PostSubject: sona..tsk tsk   Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:59 pm

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS OF PRESIDENT GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO DURING THE 2ND REGULAR SESSION OF THE 14TH CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES, 28 July 2008

I read an article about this and found some interesting areas that I think would do something about the Human Resource...:

study First, we must have a targeted strategy with set of precise prescriptions to ease the price challenges we are facing.

Exclamation "price challenges" or should I say the price hike of almost all of our commodities are obviosly making us Filipinos suffer! Yes... this is a sort of global crisis (as they say)..and the government is doing actions regarding this. i just hope that appropriate moves will be implemented as soon as possible.

study Second, food self-sufficiency; less energy dependence; greater self-reliance in our attitude as a people and in our posture as a nation.

Exclamation Definitely!Food self-sufficiency, less energy dependence, greater self-reliance...woow..if only (only if only!)all Filipinos would have this characteristics everybody would be happy! Yeah..I think we need everybody's help.

study Third, short-term relief cannot be at the expense of long term reforms. These reforms will benefit not just the next generation of Filipinos, but the next President as well.
Exclamation "short-term relief cannot be at the expense of long term reforms."..whatever it is..I hope it will be realise..

LOVE THIS O:
Leadership is not about doing the first easy thing that comes to mind; it is about doing what is necessary, however hard.
- PGMA (SONA 2008)

Reference:
SONA 2008
SONA_givernment

Last edited by ailaine adaptar on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.adaptarailaine.blogspot.com/
Hannah Rhea Hernandez

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Last July 28, 2008, President Gloria- Macapagal Arroyo gave off her State of the Nation Address (SONA). Her SONA was televised in every local channel in the country but honestly, I didn't got the chance to watch it live because I was at school. I also arrived home late and so I didn't had the chance to watch the news. Well, so much for excuses, right.? Well, I just read the President's SONA letter and watched it in the net so that I could answer to this topic. Jejeje

From what I read and heard, I picked out three comments that the president said that have a direct relation to Human Resource Management in the country.

In portion of her speech, she expressed gratitude to certain sectors like GSIS, Pag-Ibig, SSS and some employers. Why.? Because these institutions made changes or should I say developments to their programs and services that would benefit human resource.

According to the president, “Employers have funded the two increases in SSS benefits since 2005”. She also said that, “GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.”

Dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay. I ask Congress to pass a bill allowing SSS to do housing loans beyond the present 10% limitation. “, said President Arroyo.

With such things going on, and more benefits to be expected, we can expect that the human resource will be more eager to work and be more at ease in working, for now they have a chance to have easier loan availments for housing and increased benefits.

Another things that she said was that, “Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010. “. High number of work projection, we can expect that a lot of human resource now can have the chance to find and have a job especially in information technology or computer related jobs like those that she mentioned above.

The president also mentioned about certain training that the government sponsored for its human resource. She mentioned that the number of people who joined such trainings (for technical and vocational courses) doubled in number. From its 7.74 million trainees, it has now reached 14 million in number. With such vast number of human resource being trained,we can say that this will benefit not only those individual's but also the economy and the country, with this project having produced more experienced and competent human resource.

lol!

Last edited by Hannah Rhea Hernandez on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.woophie.blogspot.com
Rosemie Nunez

PostSubject: identify at least 3 areas related to Human Resource Mangement and explain how these areas can improve our quality of life.   Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 pm

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had her State of the Nation Address (SONA) last July 28, 2008.

The 3 areas related to Human Resource Management:

*Training:
Training for vocational and technical courses that more than one million graduated.
Also had a training partnership with the private sector.
People are trained to work as a call center agent, medical transcription, animation and software developer, which have a demand of one million workers by 2010.

*Health Insurance:
Important program for hospitalization and other health benefits.
Health insurance protect people from the high cost of medical care by providing coverage for specific health care services.
Also to provide payment for overpriced/ expensive health care.

*Seminars:
Seminars promoting family planning
Campaign to spread the awareness of responsible parenthood
The purpose of the seminars is to slow down the population growth- (one of the reasons of the poverty).

PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG:

http://rosemiepn.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: SONA   Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:12 pm

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had her State of the Nation Address for this year last July 28, 2008. Many admired her for being so strong that that despite the crisis we are experiencing right now, she managed to stand firm in leading and managing our country. Despite the fact that it seemed almost everyone is not happy having her as president, she continue and never quit, at least that’s what she told so. However, the news in televisions, radios and newspapers are telling everyone that Filipinos are not totally happy with the result of SONA. Well I guess, it’s always been like that since before, and I believe that there is no any better solution for the problem our country is facing than to made every Filipino realize that it should all start within ourselves. This may sound redundant and we have heard this for how many times but had never been really applied it in our life. It is so exhausting to watch for all the mistakes of the government specially when we know there is thousands of it. It could be better to start watching over our own selves.

However, the president has done her best and we cannot deny that she had accomplishments worth of our applause. In the area of Human Resource Management, the president mentioned about the increase in SSS benefits the employers and employees are going to enjoy. She had also mentioned about the promises of housing loans for the benefits of the employees and maybe this could help to motivate them to do their work more efficiently. About the jobs, the president has also elaborated the career promises of the Filipinos in 2010 in which she had mentioned of one million workers and qualification of 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development. That's pretty good news to us. It means money if we will qualify and the president mentioned of thirteen billion dollars for that.! Whew.

If these things will eventually happen, it can mean an improvement to our lives. I mean the jobs. The primary reason why we are experiencing hardships and crisis is the unemployment. We multiply so fast and end up unemployed. Let us just pray to the almighty God that these things will really happen as what our president is saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angel mae brua

PostSubject: ...SONA...   Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Last July 28 of this year, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo gave her 2nd to the last State of the Nation Address or commonly stated as SONA. For this year's SONA, she emphasized the economic growth in behalf of the crisis we are facing.

Relating her SONA to the Human Resource Management, she deals with the presentation about the jobs she enabled to give to those who needs one. For about numbers of graduating and graduates students on technical courses and vocational courses, she exclaimed that there will be millions of job opening for the year 2010. So for that statement, we, the students of this year, as one of the graduating students of the said year, hope so is included on her project.

She also stated about the benefits and compensation of the workers with exclaiming to the private and public sector of the government such as SSS, GSIS, PAG_IBIG, and health benefits. The health benefits she stated is countrywide being implemented. For the said benefits above, employers have funded the two increases in SSS benefits since 2005. As she stated in the SONA."GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out. "

There are also trainings for technical sectors such as call center agents, medical transcription, animation and software developer, which have a demand of one million workers by 2010. This training exclaimed for the purpose of having lots of jobs to be opened by the said year.

And the last improvement during her regime is the peso control on which it increases from the previous regimes. It helps the country as well as the investors to still invest to our country. As the statement goes, this example exclaimed that her position as the president of the nation really gives something for our economic growth.

There is one statement of the president that she stated for her part. "Leadership is not doing the first thing that comes to mind; it is about doing the necessary,however hard!". As what I see about our country today, its really a great deal of having a leaders that aims for the needs of her/his members. As what she said, she gives a program that helps the "masa". Believing in her position might gave us to success.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gelaneam.blogspot.com
Jan Neil Gador

PostSubject: State of the Nation Address 2008   Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Last July 28, 2008 Monday, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo addressed her State of the Nation Address (SONA) that was aired on all stations. unfortunately I was missed it because I was at school or maybe I just didn't want to watch and hear her SONA. When I got home I was able to take a glimpse of her SONA because my father and I was watching the news. The things that I remembered in her SONA was about the VAT, Jobs for the Filipino people and that the text messages were brought down to 50 centavos per SMS. Then our instructor asked us about the SONA of the president and none of us were not able to answer. So I ended up reading an article in the internet about the SONA of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

"To address these global challenges, we must go on building and buttressing bridges to allies around the world: to bring in the rice to feed our people, investments to create jobs; and to keep the peace and maintain stability in our country and the rest of the world. Yet even as we reach out to those who need, and who may need us, we strive for greater self-reliance. " - Philippine Inquirer

This is one thing that I found interesting and I think that if the Filipino people will realize this it will or it can somehow improve our way of life. President Arroyo said that everyone seems to be a victim, rich countries and poor, though certainly some can take more punishment than others. We are not just the ones suffering from the price hikes of oil, high food prices and looming economic repression. She also said that "food self-sufficiency; less energy dependence; greater self-reliance in our attitude as a people and in our posture as a nation." We should not blame the government for our suffering but instead we turn to ourselves and become self-reliant. If the government succeeds in bringing in the needs to feed our people and investments to create jobs then many people will have the opportunity to have jobs, then they will be able to sustain themselves. Thus, improving their way of life, rather than blaming it all to the government.

Another thing is about the VAT. She said "Take VAT away and you and I abdicate our responsibility as leaders and pull the rug from under our present and future progress, which may be compromised by the global crisis." Because of the VAT, Investors have learned to trust us even more. She also implied that if the VAT will be taken off, it will lessen the trust of the investors and the prices will eventually rise again thus giving advantage those people who are in the upper class. If that is the positive effect of VAT, that it will lure investors in our country, it also means one thing. More jobs for the Filipino people.

One more thing that I found interesting in the presidents SONA is when she said "We have come too far and made too many sacrifices to turn back now on fiscal reforms. Leadership is not about doing the first easy thing that comes to mind; it is about doing what is necessary, however hard." I think this is one of thing that Filipinos must understand. I also think that it is related to Human Resource Management because in this field tough decisions are needed to be made. We should realize that the easy way out is not always the necessary thing to. We may find that there are things that are hard to do because it might affect the lives of the people who are around you but are necessary things to do for the benefit of all. And I think that if people will think this way it may also help them improve their way of life.

Reference:
http://www.inquirer.net/specialreports/sona/2008.php
http://www.inquirer.net/specialreports/sona/archive.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jan Neil Gador

PostSubject: State of the Nation Address 2008   Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Double Posting

Last edited by Jan Neil Gador on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanessamay caneda

PostSubject: State of the Nation Address..   Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:34 pm

bounce Last July 28, 2008 during the 2ndRegular Session of the 14th Congress, one lady declared her SONA (State of the Nation Address) that is something she had to stand for till the end. She is our incumbent president, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Getting a country up and running requires years and money resources, including large sums of more from the international community. The basic structure of a country is the same: political, economic, taxation and judicial systems, infrastructure, cultural, educational and medical institutions, and more are one of the issues our president stated. Because these are interconnected, fitting them together into unified, organic whole is a complex undertaking.

She stated in her SONA all the problems our country undergone this year. The roller coaster ride of oil price hikes, high food costs and alarming economic recession as well was a few of those problems our country had today. She said, “The price of food and fuel will likely remain high. Nothing will be easy; the government cannot solve these problems over night. But, we can work to ease the near term pain while investing in long-term solutions”. For me lets just face the reality and we have to move on with our lives to achieve what we want in the future. We have to be self- reliant. Just what she said, we cannot solve those problems. All we have to do is to work hard to attain all the basic needs we had in life.

In relation with Human Resource Management, she said that by year 2010 over P 300 million training partnership with the private sector will qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which will have a projected demand of one million workers. It’s beneficial on our part as an IT/CS student because when we will graduate hopefully by 2010, we can have good job ahead. Likewise she said that there is an increase in SSS benefits for employees. She also mentioned the increased of salary loan and housing loan for the benefit of the employees itself. If these things will happen, we the future employers and employees will achieve our certain goals in life thus improve the way of living.

I really admire the courage she shows during her address. Lots of people want her to take out of her regime because of a reason that she didn’t do her job well as a mother of this country. But then she is eager enough to provide all the answers of all the problem of her countrymen as well.

The statement that I found inspiring was when she said, “To meet the challenge of today, we will feed our people now, not later, and help them get through these hard times. To meet the challenges of tomorrow, we must become more self-reliant, self-sufficient and independent, relying on ourselves more than on the world.” lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate karen rasonable

PostSubject: 8th SONA of MAdame President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo   Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:02 pm

The 8th State of the Nation Address(SONA) of Madame President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo happened last Monday, July 28,2008. This yearly event has been always awaited by most politicians and of course by every Filipino. It would be in this event that the President would state her accomplishments from the past years and would cite her plans and goals for this year for her country and countrymen.

The Madame proudly exclaimed that year 2007 was ended "with the strongest economic growth in a generation. Inflation was low, the peso strong and a million new jobs were created. " Yeah, maybe I agree with that. With the a very strong peso that has reached P40.20 from P56.50 and her project 7 years now which concerns on giving chances of work for more than 20,000 out-of-school-youth, which was called OYSTER.

"In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated.", she stated. I think this is a great accomplishment since this would mean for a more competitive and trained personnel, thus a lot of new employments awaits for these people.

"Employers have funded the two increases in SSS benefits since 2005. Thank you, employers for paying the premiums.", she exclaimed. "GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.", she added. Because of these provisions, employees are more eager to work sine they would feel importance and can avail such benefits that has been stretched out.

According to her, "Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.". Such statement is such a good thing to hear because this would only mean for a new advancement since these kind of jobs are co-related with the new technology arising the world today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookywoolybullyblogspot.com
jaymar melecio

PostSubject: assignment7   Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Thanks to this subject, for it forced me to be aware on the State Of the Nation Address given by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo last July 28, 2008. I thought it is useless to listen with her discussion but i was wrong, as a Filipino Citizen you must fully informed on what is happening on our nation so that all of us would make any suggestion to make our state be on a circle of uprising country.

I neither against the administration nor a pro one. I described madam President as wise women for she knows on how to give remedy in every complex challenges that will come in our country. As she quoted on her SONA "Neither we nor anyone else in the world expected this day to come so soon but we prepared for it". Because of the tough choices she made as a president, the realm foresighted on any problem that can arise in the near future. Her government caters the basic needs of an inferior society but most of her critics take it as a hidden agenda.

Many programs were made to help those who are unemployed to acquire a good job. As a leader, you must not only focused on your doings but you must also understand the situation that your people facing in a nick of time. If they have the means for living. Be wide-eyed open to the indigent people for they are the basis of a successful country. The administration of Madame Arroyo somehow meets those requirements but still not enough to call it accomplishment.

The position of a president can be related to a business on which the president is the human resource manager and the people of the Philippines are the manpower on a certain company (country). The role of HR head is to make its working force a productive one and have a substandard work performance as well. Like what madam president had done, she constructed several programs to lessen the unemployed rate.

An instance of roll-on roll-off (RORO) boats, 39 RORO posts were built 12 more are slated to start on which there a large number of workforce is needed. It can somehow help to decrease the unemployed person in our state. By 2010 billions of jobs offered.

Upon her administration, employee would be satisfied on her job because benefits were increased. From the pensions to loans, distribution of health insurance for hospitalization to the indigent beneficiaries.

If the people of the Philippines would be aware on what had happened in our state, it would surely make a big difference in the past country situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lynneth llemit

PostSubject: 7th assignment   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:42 pm

The 2008 SONA of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
July28,2008

The last State Of the Nation Address of PGMA was indeed full of promises,full of hopes.. this yearly speech of the president is always awaited by both supporters and critics... scrutinizing her plans for our nation.. Most of her promises were addressed to the poor... those who needs the most. But could she this promises come true???hmmm...who knows?
Speaking of promises...in relation to this subject, i cited a part of her speech that points on the agendas of her Excellency PGMA,

Arrow The creation of six million jobs in six years via more opportunities given to entrepreneurs, tripling of the amount of loans for lending to small and medium enterprises, and the development of one to two million hectares of land for agricultural business;
she said:
"Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010."
Like a Star @ heaven i think this is a good agenda in the sense that more jobless Filipinos will have their chance to earn a living, nowadays.. it is hard to earn money when you have no job and much more harder to those who have families to feed. those 60 million job job vacancies will feed up to 60million families, it is not a bad agenda actually. In the part of the entrepreneurs, it is a blessing if this promise would come true... they will have the chance to develop their small businesses without worrying of too much capital to spare. The Philippines is truly a land blessed with fertile soil for agriculture.. it is best to develop this land for survival purposes especially that scarcity of food is a global problem.

Arrow The development of Clark and Subic as the best international service and logistic centers in the region;
Like a Star @ heaven This Agenda will certainly cater the growth of technology that will help Philippines pace to industrial stage..aside from that,this would also motivate Filipino proffessionals to work here instead of going abroad...

Arrow The construction of new buildings, classrooms, provision of desks and chairs and books for students and scholarships to poor families;

Like a Star @ heaven this agenda may not directly point to the needs of the jobless, this is also cater jobs to the jobless, since more working force will be needed to implement this agenda.

It must take a lot more years to implement this agendas... to the extent that she only had another year as our president. Most here critics do not believe in her, on what she promises, even the Filipino people... maybe because this promises were too good to be true or she's just a babbling leader who promises everything but do not fulfill it...I'm just wondering...if she were not the president of this country,will this nation be progressive to other leaders?with all this Global problems that we are facing. I think it is a tough responsiblity she has on her cute shoulders... facing all those problems...and still, she remained standing tall(hmmm... not literally)...undefeated. if only the Filipino people would wake up and get off their butts on their couch, go out and find a job and make a difference of their lives. It is not her who makes this country suffer, it is us who do not know what does "Self-Reliance" means.

visit my blog @:
http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/
Marren Joy Pequiro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:46 pm

State of the Nation Address of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo during the 2nd Regular Session
of the 14th Congress of the Republic of the Philippines 28 July 2008

Honestly, during the SONA of the President, I was not really able to witness it live. That day I was still in the school having our classes. But so much for that, what's the use of the internet..hehe

I've just read a 13 pages SONA speech and relating the points of the President to Human Resource Management, here are the following areas:

Arrow The President said,"Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010."

Smile Because of this training partnership, many unemployed people are given the chance to have a job. More job opportunities are offered. People who are skilled, like us Information Technology and Computer Science students.

Arrow According to the President,"Bago ako naging Pangulo, isa’t kalahating milyong maralita lamang ang may health insurance. Noong 2001, sabi natin, dadagdagan pa ng kalahating milyon. Sa taong iyon, mahigit isang milyon ang nabigyan natin. Ngayon, 65 milyong Pilipino na ang may health insurance, mahigit doble ng 2000, kasama ang labinlimang milyong maralita. Philhealth has paid P100 billion for hospitalization. The indigent beneficiaries largely come from West and Central Visayas, Central Luzon, and Ilocos. Patuloy nating palalawakin itong napaka-importanted programa, lalo na sa Tawi-Tawi, Zambo Norte, Maguindanao, Apayao, Dinagat, Lanao Sur, Northern Samar, Masbate, Abra and Misamis Occidental. Lalo na sa kanilang mga magsasaka at mangingisda."

Smile This Philhealth program really help insuring the life of our Filipino people. Especially to those unprivileged people.

Arrow "In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations. "

Smile Well, this is really an accomplishment to be proud of. Because even if they are not a graduate of a Bachelor's degree course still they are given a chance to be trained. We badly needed them, skilled and trainable people. A lot of employments are awaiting them.

Laughing Well, I just HOPE that all these things she had been said will be implemented well. After all these would really benefit all of us. Let's just cooperate to our government especially to our President, to achieve all of our goals in making our country more prosperous and globally competitive one. I salute President GMA for despite of all our problems in crisis we have been facing right now, still she stand firm and show how determined she was to improve our country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
March Dawn Eder

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:54 pm

ღღAs what of i read and evaluated from the SONA of our President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.. ღღ

ღღThese are some of the areas related to Human Resource Management stated in her STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS..ღღ

• ღღBENEFITSღღ

• price subsidies
• GSIS
• SSS
• goods
• infrastractures/irrigations
• equipments
• other health insurances
• transportation
• free education/scholarships

• ღღTRAININGSღღ

• trainings for vocational and technical courses
• training partnership for for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development

• ღღEMPLOYMENTღღ

• for the employment..
even though it is not stated clearly in the SONA of the president..
we can assume that employments will be offered because she mention about loans for starting business so employees will be needed perhaps..
infrastractures will be made and it cant be done without hiring workers..
and also..
she asked businessmen to invest here in the country so i concluded that there will be upcoming jobs for FIlipinos coz i think that investors wont be afraid anymore coz the president said that they are sorting things about the peace and order here in the Phils which is the primary cause of fear for the investors.

••► ღღThese areas can improve the quality of our life because it could give us so much benefits..Also, because these projects or whatever you call these could simply give or can acquire us income..Which is one of the problems of Filipinos nowadays..It could uplift us from the poverty line if these will be put into actions..Lastly, these aims to educate and train poor Filipinos that could give them or can land them on good and well compensated jobs..ღღ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
venus s. millena

PostSubject: assignment7   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm

State of the nation address of the Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo during the second session of the 14th congress of the Republic of the Philippines 28th day of July in year 2008.

As your president, I care too much about this nation to let anyone stand in the way of our people’s well being. Hindi ko papayagang humadlang ang sinuman sa pag-unlad at pagsagana ng taong bayan. I will let no one—no one’s political plans—threaten our nation’s survival.
President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

What and why does a president giving a SONA?

The SONA is a privilege given to a president where he/she is holding an office. Here he/she can state his/her achievements and accomplishments, country’s improvement under his/her administration and also stating his/her plan for the future.
In this way he/she can reach out his/her countrymen. As a typical Filipino and a bonafide citizen of the Philippines we are required to listen to our president speech to find out what he/she had accomplished and to evaluate his/her future plans.

In relation to HRM subject, economics has something to do with the human resources. Economics and HRM are partners. If the economic is unstable, people also feel instability in their living but if the economy is stable and progressive, people may get rid in poverty and may live in prosperous life.
In the assignment given it asked three areas of the SONA which concerns in HRM. In my opinion their main concerns are: the basic needs and consumption of the people, health insurances, and stability of the businesses and employment rate.
The basic necessities and consumption of the people affects HRM, because in HRM it involves needs to motivate the employee to perform well to earn for survival. It is the primary reason why people must work to earn and to buy his needs and wants in life. And if the economy is prone of increasing goods price but there is no wage hike, it truly affects their performance if their income is insufficient to them. It may cause of protest if the management won’t accept their request for wage increase. It may result chaos between employee and employer or it may become the reason of turnover of employee to his job to look for highly compensated job. In industry, company may undergo downsizing to address the employees’ request.
I include the health benefits in the three areas concerned in the HRM it is because if the employees are healthy the company also becomes healthy, the same as what saying “health is wealth”. If the employees are mentally, emotionally and physically healthy they may more effectively and it may reduce their worries for the future in ensuring their health condition. Our President promotes their program nationwide; some of the indigent beneficiaries largely come from West and Central Luzon and Ilocos and still spreading this program in the poor provinces.
Business stability also does affect transaction in HRM because human rely on the company. If the company is unstable and unproductive this may cause bankruptcy that leads on downsizing or worst closing of the business.
In the SONA of our honorable president she addressed about investment and investing. The government budgeted of php 350 million training partnership with private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.

I just hope that all of this hopes and promises will not be forgotten and not just vanished like a wind. I hope that our government and our people will work hand on hand for the benefit of our own progress and for the brighter future of our new generation.
Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ymrebmomville

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:18 pm

guys click here to read full text of SONA 2008...
hope this may help you...

SONA 2008

"In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations."

Training is one of the best things that a company, academe or government can offer to people. Since it helps employees to learn more skills and perform better in their jobs. If they are knowledgeable in their work, downsizing will be decreased. Thus, helping our countrymen to provide their families with sufficient food and quality education.

"To our investors, thank you for your valuable role in our development. I invite you to invest not only in factories and services, but in profitable infrastructure, following the formula for the Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway."

Investors play an important role in our community development. Because our government cannot offer jobs to accommodate everyone, the private sectors emerge. They provide jobs and even bigger compensation than public sectors. In this way, they uplift our economy making our lives more comfortable.

"Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010."

As our president promised in her previous SONAs, there will be increase in projected demand for workers.
Since poverty is the greatest enemy of our countrymen today, it is important for the president to make move
and implement ways to improve the quality of our lives. Though the demand for one million workers is not enough to provide everyone with job, it is helpful in alleviating our country's crisis.

Our president is trying her best to improve our country and the quality of life Filipinos have. In spite of her very low ratings in surveys, she continue doing her job and focus her attention on the most important issues. If only her rivals will stop pushing her down and instead help her attain the goals set for our society maybe the growth rate of our country will increase. I'm not saying that I'm pro or against the president. I just want to make it clear that changes and reforms start in ourselves. Our future is not something the president should take care of but it is us who can make our own destiny. So don't blame anyone in your success or failure.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/online_service.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael george guanzon

PostSubject: SONA 2008   Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 pm

President Arroyo’s State of the Nation Address on July 28, 2008 will be her eighth SONA since assuming the presidency in 2001.
SONA 2008 is also Arroyo’s second to the last SONA; next year’s SONA is her last, before she steps down in 2010.

These are some areas related to Human Resource Management:

" In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated."

- This training would really help a lot, especially to those students who can't afford to make enroll. Also, it will produce competitive employees.

" GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private-while repayments have been stretched out. "

- This benefits would motivate the employees to work harder and double their efforts in their work.

" Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010. "

- This project of Pres. Arroyo would really help those people who do not have work and would minimize the number of unemployed Filipinos.

" I hope that she will do all her promises for the improvement of the quality of lives of every Filipino people. But we should not depend only to our President, but also to ourselves. Very Happy

Reference:
http://www.inquirer.net/specialreports/sona/2008.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roy laurentino cuevas

PostSubject: ASSIGNMENT NO. 7   Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Here are the 3 areas related to Human Resource Management that I have identified.

1."Rice production since 2000 increased an average of 4.07% a year, twice the population growth rate. By promoting natural planning and female education, we have curbed population growth to 2.04% during our administration, down from the 2.36 in the 1990's, when artificial birth control was pushed. Our campaign spreads awareness of responsible parenthood regarding birth spacing. Long years of pushing contraceptives made it synonymous to family planning. Therefore informed choice should mean letting more couples, who are mostly Catholics, know about natural family planning."

-My point here is not about the increase of rice production but on the topic of Natural Family planning. I could say that this is related to Human Resource Management because if all the couples here in the Philippines knew natural family planning, then maybe there would be a chance that many people could get the job they wanted because there would be a lot of vacancies(because of less population). And natural family planning would really help us because it would lessen the burden of parents in trying to find something to feed for their children.

2."In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations."

-Here, we see that because of the sprouting of the many technical and vocational courses in schools nationwide, many under-priviliged high school graduates have had the chance to enroll in college, thus multiplying the chance of people getting jobs in the future.

3."Pinagsasama-sama natin ang mga programa ng DSWD, DOH, GSIS, SSS at iba pang lumalaban sa kahirapan sa isang National Social Welfare Program para proteksyonan ang pinaka-mahihirap mula sa pandaigdigang krisis, and to help those whose earnings are limited by illness, disability, loss of job, age and so on-through livelihood projects, microfinance, skills and technology transfer, emergency and temporary employment, pension funds, food aid and cash subsidies, child nutrition and adult health care, medical missions, salary loans, insurance, housing programs, educational and other savings schemes, and now cheaper medicine-Thanks to Congress"

-This program of the government is very good, because this helps the people, which are the most important resource of all. It helps the poor people in their life by aiding them in many aspects, which are stated above.

P.S. I didn't watch the SONA, I just read it. But I saw it in the news a little.

God Bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilyn_mapalo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Idea The State of the Nation Address is an annual event in the Republic of the Philippines, in which the President of the Philippines reports on the status of the nation, normally to the resumption of a joint session of the Congress. The address is also an opportunity for opposition parties to protest against the government.

Idea Actually, I didn't have oppurtunity to hear her SONA because I was in school at that time. And also, I don't want to hear it...hehe!!peace....:-)

To be able to answer our assignment, I just read the article in the internet the SONA of our President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Delivered on Monday, July 28, at 4:00 P.M.

We are task to evaluate the SONA in which we are going to get some points that is related to our subject HRM. And for me, some of the areas are the following;
flower Training
President said that 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years in 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated.

Training refers to the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies as a result of the teaching of vocational or practical skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies.It helps people to maintain, upgrade and update skills throughout working life.

flower GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.Pag-Ibig housing loans increased from P3.82 billion in 2001 to P22.6 billion in 2007. This year it experienced an 84% increase in the first four months alone. Super heating na. Dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay. I ask Congress to pass a bill allowing SSS to do housing loans beyond the present 10% limitation, said the president.

By this, the employees will be eager to work hard and put their full effort to improve their organization.

flower "Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010. " said by the president.

This will benefit who don't have jobs.By this project, people will have the chance to find and have their jobs so that people will use their knowledge and skills in improving certain organization.

President said,"My responsibility as President is to take care to solve the problems we are facing now and to provide a vision and direction for how our nation should advance in the future."

For that statement of her, I hope that she can do it not just by saying it but by doing an action!!

GOD BLESS US!!hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen Palero

PostSubject: SONA 2008   Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Since I wasn't able to listen to the SONA of the President she delivered last July 28, 2008... I just read it's 9-page SONA I got through the Internet. hehe☺☺☺

The following sentences were from what I have read, the SONA 2008 of PGMA:

"In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations."

Arrow Offering technical and vocational courses will increase the rate of productive human resource.

Arrow Through these, the rate of unemployment & underemployment will decrease because of those jobs which have a projected demand of a million workers -- a million of Human Resource.

"I call on all our government workers at the national and local levels to be more responsive and accountable to the people. Panahon ito ng pagsubok. Kung saan kayang tumulong at dapat tumulong ang pamahalaan, we must be there with a helping hand. Where government can contribute nothing useful, stay away. Let's be more helpful, more courteous, more quick."

Arrow PGMA's call is addressed to the government workers in all levels. Indeed, if all the government sectors will be MORE helpful, more courteous and more quick, I think human resource will ALSO be more enticed to be a better human resource.^^

Reference:
SONA 2008
adriancm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karainie.blogspot.com
John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: SONA 2008   Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:38 pm

President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo delivered her 8th State of the Nation Address last July 28,2008. In her SONA, there were some areas related to Human Resource Management.

Some of these areas related to Human Resource Management were:

1. Land Reforms for Farmers-
"Sa SONA noong 2001, sinabi ko, bawat taon, mamamahagi tayo ng dalawang daang libong ektarya sa reporma sa lupa: 100,000 hectares of private farmland and 100,000 of public farmland, including ancestral domains. Di hamak mahigit sa target ang naipamahagi natin sa nakaraang pitong taon: 854,000 hectares of private farmland, 797,000 of public farmland, and Certificates of Ancestral Domain for 525,000 hectares. Including, over a 100,000 hectares for Bugkalots in Quirino, Aurora, and Nueva Vizcaya.

Agrarian reform should not merely
subdivide misery, it must raise living standards. Ownership raises the farmer from his but productivity will keep him on his feet.

Sinimula ng aking ama ang land reform noong 1963. Upang mabuo ito, the extension of CARP with reforms is top priority. I will continue to do all I can for the rural as well as urban poor. Ayaw natin na paglaya ng tenant sa landlord, mapapasa-ilalim naman sa usurero. Former tenants must be empowered to become agribusinessmen by allowing their
land to be used as collateral.

Dapat mapalaya ng reporma sa lupa ang magsasaka sa pagiging alipin sa iba. Dapat bigyan ang magsasaka ng dangal bilang taong malaya at di hawak ninuman. We must curb the recklessness that gives land without the means to make it productive and bites off more than
beneficiaries can chew.

At the same time, I want the rackets out of agrarian reform: the threats to take and therefore undervalue land, the conspiracies to overvalue it. Dapat nating linisin ang landas para sa mga ibig magpursige sa pagsasaka, taglay ang pananalig na ang lupa ay sasagip sa atin sa huli kung gamitin natin ito nang maayos. "

If farmers would have their own land, they can work well and can help the country in producing rice.

2. Pensions for Employees-
"GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.

Pag-Ibig housing loans increased from P3.82 billion in 2001 to P22.6 billion in 2007. This year it experienced an 84% increase in the first four months alone. Super heating na. Dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay. I ask Congress to pass a bill allowing SSS to do housing loans beyond the present 10% limitation. "

If employees were given pensions and benefits such as these, employees would work hard because they know that these are the benefits that they can get.

3. More Jobs-
"Ginagawa nating labor-intensiveang paggawa at pag-ayos ng kalsada at patubig. Noong SONA ng 2001, naglunsad tayo sa NCR ng patrabaho para sa 20,000 na out of school youth, na tinawag OYSTER. Ngayon, mahigit 20,000 ang ineempleyo ng OYSTER sa buong bansa. In
disaster-stricken areas, we have a cash-for-work program."

If people would have jobs, they can now live a better life because they can afford the basic needs.

The President said in her SONA that she really cares for the people in our country. I hope that she will implement more projects for the people in our country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate_mariel_dizon

PostSubject: PGMA's SONA on HRM   Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:33 am

The President's 8th State of the Nation Address was clearly dedicated to the human resources. All her efforts are directed towards us, the citizens, for which we have to be thankful. It only shows that we are being taken cared of but it's just because of the limitations of other resources that we feel rejected and uncared for. So, as I read the president's speech, I listed some of the government's efforts to help and develop the human resources.

1. Directed towards the youth is the 1 billion pesos allotment for college scholarships or financial help to 70,000 students. This is a step needed in order to produce globally competitive graduates. Simply, this means opportunity to those who wish to study but can't afford to. By giving scholarships and financial help to deprived students, the nation is molding a new batch of future employees and employers, which will sustain the needs of the working force. There will a lesser percentage of uneducated workers and in effect, affect the company's progress.

2. "Noong SONA ng 2001, naglunsad tayo sa NCR ng patrabaho para sa 20,000 na out of school youth, na tinawag OYSTER. Ngayon, mahigit 20,000 ang ineempleyo ng OYSTER sa buong bansa. In disaster-stricken areas, we have a cash-for-work program." This is good news to us, most especially to the out-of-school youth. This program gives hope to those who cannot afford to go to school but want to have a clear future. The sad thing in this program is that it was only implemented in NCR. Hopefully, this program will be further implemented in other parts of the country so that more out of school youth will be given the chance to have a career despite their "educational difficulty". Very Happy

3. "Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010." Probably the best news of all, this statement from PGMA's speech opens up great opportunities for the unemployed Filipinos. With its great number requirement, hopefully, there will still be a place for us when we graduate. This time, we cannot say that there are no jobs available in the Philippines. We only need to look for them.

So, there you have it. There are other programs for HR development in PGMA's 8th SONA. If you read the whole of it, you will clearly see that the government's efforts are directed to the citizens. I'm glad to hear and read that we will have a future waiting for us when we graduate. But it would be even more desirable if a little more effort is put into developing programs that would cover a large fraction of the population because we can really use it. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.katemarieldizon.blogspot.com
felix sumalinog jr

PostSubject: Assignment #7   Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm

On the assumption that you heard/read the SONA of the President yesterday, July 28, 2008, identify at least 3 areas related to Human Resource Mangement and explain how these areas can improve our quality of life.

1. P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.
- This is great news for college graduates and undergraduates especially for IT and CS students to have jobs and trainings right away after graduation. It will also lessen the unemployment rate in the country.

2. Strengthening of technical and vocational courses with the help of Technical Education & Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
-This is for students who cannot afford degree courses for now. In addition, several technical and vocational schools offer ladderized curriculum. After working for several months and have enough savings, he can pursue his college education. This program is also a great opportunity to acquire skills like in welding and go abroad to get high salary.

3. Microfinance to all women’s groups and cooperatives in all barangays in the country. One of which is DSWD’s Self-Employment – Kaunlaran (SEA-K)
- This is true because my mother and her cooperative have benefited this program. This program is women who have limited income for their family. They have received loans from government institutions like DSWD and Land Bank for them to start a business like goat raising, sari-sari store. This is very beneficial to women and her family/children because their cooperative help their children go to school and have extra earnings to buy nutritious food and pay the power and water bills.

4. Promoting family planning and birth control program
- This program spreads awareness of responsible parenthood regarding birth spacing. We know that Philippines is one of the overpopulated countries in the world. It is a must that the government have comprehensive, wide-range, massive population control program. The should provide access to information, affordable means and services on family planning to its people to determine the size and spacing of families. This program is important to have fresh and clean environment and to elevate the living conditions in the countryside. This is a significant program to slow or lessen the depletion of natural resources, to erase starvation, malnutrition, and poverty in our country, and to decrease the crime rate in urban areas. ♠♣♥♦

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolorosa G. Mancera

Location : Door 2 Bermejo Apartment, MAgallanes St. Davao City

PostSubject: Assignment 7   Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Last July 28, 2008, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo delivered her 8th State of the Nation Address during the 2nd regular session of the 14th congress of the Republic of the Philippines. As what I have read, it obviously focuses on the Human Resource and the President clearly mind for her people. After reading the President's 8th SONA, I came up with this 3 areas that is closely related to Human Resource.

- This statement of our honorable president could be a great news to everyone especially the college graduates and to the unemployed Filipinos. And because of these the rate of the unemployed would be minimized and thousands of Filipinos will have there own Job. And it's a great privilege for us IT students. Very Happy study

"Mula sa buwang ito, wala nang income tax ang sumusweldo ng P200,000 o mas mababa sa isang taon – P12 billion na bawas-buwis para sa maralita at middle class."

- We all know, that being an employee, we are obliged to pay our income tax which would be a big burden for the Filipino employees. Filipino employees are payed with the work and services they give. And it would be a brilliant idea that there will be no income tax to those who had a compensation of P200,000 and below. It's a grand privilege to those employees with a minimum salary and below minimum. Very Happy study

"1 billion pesos allotment for college scholarships or financial help to 70,000 students."
- On the president's SONA, this is one of the greatest news she gave. This is an excellent way of molding Filipinos to be globally competitive and outstanding graduates. It is a good technique in creating our future batch of impressive and educated employees and employers, which will help in the company's progress. And, another thing it will decrease the rate of the uneducated employees and employers in our nation. Very Happy study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie Marie G. Bama

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 am

Last July 28, 2008, our President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had delivered her State of The Nation Address(SONA) for this year.

3 Areas related to Human Resource Mangement

Idea Increase Peoples’ Incomes
This would be attained either through wage increases, livelihood opportunities, and tax exemptions, etc. The Government enabled workers to obtain wage increases through the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Boards. Government workers also received a 20% increase in their salaries since 2007 and a P1,000 increase in their cost of living/personal economic relief allowances. RA9504 or the Tax Exemption for Minimum Wage Earners Act was also implemented, which the President signed on June 17, 2008, to provide financial relief to taxpayers through tax exemptions for minimum wage earners and increased personal exemptions for other employees. The employees' burden would be lessen and they will have sufficient budgets for themselves and their family.
Idea Quality Education
They have enhanced access to quality education through the construction of new classrooms and other facilities needed to have a convenient and conducive area for learning; promotion of educational excellence in the formative years through Early Childhood Education and Pre-school Programs; continuous improvement of the quality of teaching in the public school system; provision of computer access for public high schools nationwide; and granting of loans and scholarships to poor and deserving students. This would serve as a chance for those students who cannot afford to study. Through this area, many students would strive hard for their studies and this will increase their interest in attaining good education.
Idea National Social Welfare Program
It consists of many programs such as DSWD, DOH, GSIS, SSS, Pag-ibig and other programs that protect the poorest of the poor from the global crisis. It also helps those whose earnings are limited by illness, disability, loss of job, etc. through livelihood projects, microfinance, skills and technology transfer, emergency and temporary employment, pension funds, food aid and cash subsidies, child nutrition and adult health care, medical missions, salary loans, insurance, housing programs, educational and other savings schemes, and cheaper medicine. This could be a big help for those indigent people and would give them hope to survive and uplift themselves from poverty.

Towards the end, we need to do more as a nation. We need to carry out strategic measures for global competitiveness. Further, we also need to strengthen the very institutions that will help us become a modern society.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kathy kay feranil

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:24 am

President Arroyo delivered her State of the Nation Address on July 28, 2008 – her eight SONA in eight years as president of the Republic of the Philippines. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch and witness the most awaited speech of our president but I was able to read an article from the internet.And identified three areas related to Human Resource Mangement that can improve our quality of life.

Arrow "Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010"

This is a big help to the economy because it can help decrease the unemployment rate in the country which is one of the reasons why our country encounters poverty.

Arrow "GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.Pag-Ibig housing loans increased from P3.82 billion in 2001 to P22.6 billion in 2007. This year it experienced an 84% increase in the first four months alone. Super heating na. Dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay. I ask Congress to pass a bill allowing SSS to do housing loans beyond the present 10% limitation"

I think many employees were glad when they heard this statement of GMA. As it is said, humans are the most essential part of a company, with this speech of the president, it will help in motivating the employees to strive and work hard for the improvement of the company which will help to improve their quality of living.

Arrow "In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations."

Glad to hear that over a million graduated technical and vocational courses.
With this course, many will be given jobs and become productive individuals which may help them improve their quality of lives.

Idea I hope that the SONA of the president enlightened the mind of every Filipino. Let us be aware enough of what is happening in our beloved country. Let us put in our minds that the future and the progress of our country lies not only in the hands of our president but also in our hands...

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?SONA%202008&p=81&type=2&sec=159&aid=200807291
Back to top Go down
View user profile
athina_alorro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

Based on what I've read, there are some parts in her SONA in which the President did mention something related to HRM.
And these are the ff.

1. The President recalled that during her SONA last 2001, she launched job oppotunities for 20,000 out of school youths and now, she was proud to say that over 20,000 were employed by OYSTER all over the nation. It is somewhat related to HRM because the out of school youths all over the Philippines that were mentioned and were claimed to have been given jobs became part of the workforce and the most valuable asset of a certain company. Furthermore, increasing employment rate is always good for a country like ours.

2. The President also mentioned that 1.7 million graduated from taking up technical and vocational courses last 2007 alone.
This part I think helped the small companies not be worried about training people because of the ladderized curriculum that teaches practical knowledge and on the job training that focuses on certain skills on welding and other technical and vocational courses.
This is a very good opportunity for those people who could not afford to take up degree courses and can still help their families, have a job and be useful to the community.

3. The President even mentioned that private employers funded two increases in SSS benefits since 2005 and GSIS's salary loan availaments have increased, the highest of any system public or private.
I believe that this is a very important development for the employees both private and public and the increase in benefits is just right. Basing on the present situation, that prices of goods and basic commodities have gone up, I believe it's about time and it is just right for them to help their employees to cope up during this crisis
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.athina09.blogspot.com
Melgar John Gascal

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:41 am

During the President Arroyo’s last State of the Nation Address, she discussed about the country is currently undergoing. The current crisis befalling the country is now resulting to poverty and employment. But on a brighter note, the president also discussed a lot of things that would alleviate the working condition of the human resource in the country. One of the things she talked about was the added benefits and developments of GSIS, SSS and Pag-ibig. They are now trying to give better housing loans for the employees. Another is that, a lot of jobs are now available in the cyberservices sector. There a lot of need for medical transcriptionists, call center agents and graphic artists. And lastly, the government is also offering trainings for undergraduates.

These areas related to Human Resource Management mentioned by PGMA would really help the employees’ development in their work. Next to it, our economic level will grow and we can’t experience these common issues were facing now, the poverty and unemployment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ida Karla Duguran

PostSubject: On the assumption that you heard/read the SONA of the President yesterday, July 28, 2008, identify at least 3 areas related to Human Resource Mangement and explain how these areas can improve our quality of life.   Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:31 am

In this year's SONA, i found 3 general areas related to Human Resource Management that can improve our quality of life. These are the following:

Arrow Economic Growth and Job Creation.
This centers on interventions to promote growth in the economy, which will lead to increased income and more and better job opportunities. These interventions include the promotion of trade and investments, agribusiness, sustainable mining, housing construction, tourism, and infrastructure development. It also includes measures to promote labor and employment and ensure the Filipino worker’s welfare. Equally important are the Government’s interventions to protect the environment and sustain economic development.

Arrow Energy.
The focus is energy independence ("In an environment of soaring world oil prices, we shall ensure fair and
reasonable energy prices. Towards this end, the Government pursued programs and projects to develop alternative and indigenous energy sources and collaborated with various stakeholders in the energy sector
to increase local energy supply"). Specifically, discussions focus on reforms undertaken to achieve efficiency and self-sufficiency in the power sector and eventually lower the drain on government resources.

Arrow Education and Youth Opportunity.
Covers the administration’s accomplishments in the provision of free and quality education, which is
an integral strategy in the fight against poverty. The anti-corruption and good governance portion likewise looks into what Government has achieved in its efforts to weed out corruption through good governance.

All these measures lead up to the attainment of the President’s vision for the country, that by 2010, the Philippines will be well on its way to achieving the hallmarks of a modern society. This, despite the global threats of rising oil and fuel prices, of climate change, and of terrorism, among others, which will challenge us more as we move towards the attainment of the vision of a modern society. bounce

king Visit my blog:
http://ikarla-shouts.blogspot.com
-=Don't forget to leave some comments=- king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jalil O. Paniambaan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 am

Our President gave her State Of The Nation Address on July 28, 2008. During that SONA, she said something about the progress we are having in 2007. The economy then is slowly stabilizing and we are coping up with the problems our nation have. But then, she stated the present situation we are having now. The crisis on oil price hike and also the problem with our main staple of food, which is rice. And yet, she said that us Filipinos are not the only suffering these problems. There are other nations struck by these misfortunes. But looking at our situation now, we can say that we are hard hit by these crisis.

On her SONA, she stated things that will at least, alleviate the current situation we are having for those who are struck the most by these crisis. Not all she said on her SONA was bad. There were those things that she was able to implement successfully. Jobs, Housing Loans, Lands and so many other things that were given by our president. She said something about allotting a P350 million for partnership with the private sectors for animation and software developments, call centers, medical transcription that will be having a demand of one million workers. And by this, she said, that these workers will generate a whooping $13 billion by 2010. That is really a nice news for the unemployed in the fields of expertise stated. Many other things are stated in her SONA, the scholarships of students and the better job pay. GSIS, SSS and Pag-Ibig will be increasing their benefits and loans for their members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerusalem M. Alvaira

PostSubject: SONA 2008   Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:59 am

•Trainings

“In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated.” - PGMA

Arrow This agenda of PGMA helped underprivileged students to graduate in any technical and vocational courses and will not leave them jobless in order for them to provide the necessary needs of their family and to deal with the economics crisis. If this project will continue, more and more underprivileged students will be able to avail such trainings.

•Pensions, Housing Loans, Health Insurances

“GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.
Pag-Ibig housing loans increased from P3.82 billion in 2001 to P22.6 billion in 2007. This year it experienced an 84% increase in the first four months alone. Super heating na. Dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay. I ask Congress to pass a bill allowing SSS to do housing loans beyond the present 10% limitation.
Bago ako naging Pangulo, isa’t kalahating milyong maralita lamang ang may health insurance. Noong 2001, sabi natin, dadagdagan pa ng kalahating milyon. Sa taong iyon, mahigit isang milyon ang nabigyan natin. Ngayon, 65 milyong Pilipino na ang may health insurance, mahigit doble ng 2000, kasama ang labinlimang milyong maralita. Philhealth has paid P100 billion for hospitalization.” - PGMA

Arrow Housing loans will ease the employee’s burden of paying monthly house rents if they have their own house and will be able to save money in order for them to provide the needs of their family.
Pension by GSIS and SSS will provide not only the retired employees and their beneficiaries the necessary allowance for their needs, medical concerns, and even death.
Lastly, health insurances were provided by the government with the help Philhealth. This will ensure that employees and their beneficiaries will be able to avail cheaper medicines, hospital bills and other medical needs not only during employment but until they retire.

This shows that the rights of the employees are not neglected and they will be encouraged to work hard knowing that in the future, they will receive benefits.

•Jobs

“Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.” - PGMA

Arrow This will not only provide one million jobs for jobless Filipinos not also this will help them deal with poverty and economic crisis.

I just hope that she will fulfill her promises and that the Filipino people will help themselves to improve their quality of life!

for comments and violent reactions just link:
jeru
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jerusalemalvaira.blogspot.com/
Jethro Querubin

PostSubject: reaction   Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Three areas from the SONA of our President related to Human Resource Management:

*Self-reliance

This reminds all of the Filipino people that we will not be dependent on what our country can do to us but rather what we can do for us, our family in order to survive and face the reality. According to the President, each of us plays his/her role and be responsible enough for the survival of each one. This will help improve the value of hard work and independence of us Filipinos.

*For clean water, so important to health, there is P500 million this year and P1.5 billion for next year.

From just one sanitary landfill in 2001, we now have 21, with another 18 in the works.

We launched the Zero Basura Olympics to clear our communities of trash. Rather than more money, all that is needed is for each citizen to keep home and workplace clean, and for garbage officials to stop squabbling.

A proposal on cleaning up trashes and strategic plans on how to improve the sanitary and cleanliness of the country. This will help our countries sanitary, lessen the pollution and help the people how to clean up their surroundings.

*Take VAT away and you and I abdicate our responsibility as leaders and pull the rug from under our present and future progress, which may be compromised by the global crisis.

Lalong lumakas ang tiwala ng mga investor dahil sa VAT. Mula P56.50 kada dolyar, lumakas ang piso hanggang P40.20 bago bumalik sa P44 dahil sa mga pabigat ng pangdaigdigang ekonomiya. Kung alisin ang VAT, hihina ang kumpiyansa ng negosyo, lalong tataas ang interes, lalong bababa ang piso, lalong mamahal ang bilihin.

Kapag ibinasura ang VAT sa langis at kuryente, ang mas makikinabang ay ang mga may kaya na kumukonsumo ng 84% ng langis at 90% ng kuryente habang mas masasaktan ang mahihirap na mawawalan ng P80 billion para sa mga programang pinopondohan ngayon ng VAT. Take away VAT and we strip our people of the means to ride out the world food and energy crisis.

VAT helps us rise up and help pay our debts. We are now dependent on vat. So as our President have said, it will help our country recover from being under debts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanya Clarissa G. Amancio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:10 pm

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS OF PRESIDENT GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO DURING THE 2ND REGULAR SESSION OF THE 14TH CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES, 28 July 2008

Our President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo stated her State of the Nation Address last July 28, 2008. She said something about the progress we are having in 2007. She said, "we ended 2007 with the strongest economic growth in a generation. Inflation was low, the peso strong and a million new jobs were created. We were all looking to a better, brighter future."

-According to her SONA, I read an article who catches my attention and I think it relates on our subject Human Resource Management.

-we all know that training is important because it refers to the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies. Because of this trainings, the million students who took vocational courses are given a chance to have a job and and it helps to develop the skills to have a more competitive and well trained hu\man resource.

"To our investors, thank you for your valuable role in our development. I invite you to invest not only in factories and services, but in profitable infrastructure, following the formula for the Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway."

-about on this statement, our President invite some investors because they can offer jobs if ever they decide to have a company in our country. There will be an increase on the demand of workers.

"Bago ako naging Pangulo, isa’t kalahating milyong maralita lamang ang may health insurance. Noong 2001, sabi natin, dadagdagan pa ng kalahating milyon. Sa taong iyon, mahigit isang milyon ang nabigyan natin. Ngayon, 65 milyong Pilipino na ang may health insurance, mahigit doble ng 2000, kasama ang labinlimang milyong maralita. Philhealth has paid P100 billion for hospitalization. The indigent beneficiaries largely come from West and Central Visayas, Central Luzon, and Ilocos."

-on this statement, our President states about health insurances. The health insurance is generally used to describe a form of insurance that pays for medical expenses. It is important because it includes insurance covering disability or long-term nursing or custodial care needs.

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo said:
"I care too much about this nation to let anyone stand in the way of our people's wellbeing. Hindi ko papayagang humadlang ang sinuman sa pag-unlad at pagsagana ng taong bayan. I will let no one – and no one's political plans – threaten our nation's survival.
Our country and our people have never failed to be there for us. We must be there for them now."

I just hope that all of her promises will be implemented well. We all know that being a president requires a very heavy responsibility. We just need to cooperate and be concern. Razz

Last edited by Tanya Clarissa G. Amancio on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jealou azucena

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 pm

On the assumption that you have heard/read the SONA of the president identify atleast
three areas related to HRM and explain how it can improve our quality of life.

1. Increase food self sufficiency production and energy self sufficiency.

" To meet the challenge of today, we will feed our people now, not later, and help them
get through these hard times. To meet the challenges of tomorrow, we must become
more self-reliant, self-sufficient and independent, relying on ourselves more than on the world.

Now we come to the future of agrarian reform.

There are those who say it is a failure, that our rice importations prove it. There are
those who say it is a success—if only because anything is better than nothing. Indeed,
people are happier owning the land they work, no matter what the difficulties."

"Edwin Bandila, 48 years old, of Ugalingan, Carmen, North Cotabato, cultivated
one hectare and harvested 35 cavans. Thirteen years na ginawa iyong Malmar. In my
first State of the Nation Address, sabi ko kung hindi matapos iyon sa Setyembre ay
kakanselahin ko ang kontrata, papapasukin ko ang engineering brigade, natapos nila.
With Malamar, now he cultivates five hectares and produces 97 cavans per hectare.
Mabuhay, Edwin! VAT will complete the San Roque-Agno River project.

The Land Bank has quadrupled loans for farmers and fisherfolk. That is fact not fiction.
Check it. For more effective credit utilization, I instructed DA to revitalize farmers’
cooperatives.

We are providing seeds at subsidized prices to help our farmers.

Incremental Malampaya national revenues of P4 billion will go to our rice
self-sufficiency program."

" To reduce power system losses, we count on government regulators and also on EPIRA
amendments.

We are successful in increasing energy self-sufficiency—56%, the highest in our history.
We promote natural gas and biofuel; geothermal fields, among the world's largest; windmills
like those in Ilocos and Batanes; and the solar cells lighting many communities in Mindanao.
The new Galoc oil field can produce 17,000-22,000 barrels per day, 1/12 of our crude
consumption.

The Renewable Energy Bill has passed the House. Thank you, Congressmen."

2. More jobs and improved wages.

" Our costly commodity imports like oil and rice should be offset by hard commodities
exports like primary products, and soft ones like tourism and cyberservices, at which
only India beats us.

Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000
for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which
have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010."

" Para sa mga namamasada at namamasahe sa dyip, sinusugpo natin ang kotong at
colorum upang mapataas ang kita ng mga tsuper. Si Federico Alvarez kumikita ng P200
a day sa kaniyang rutang Cubao-Rosario. Tinaas ito ng anti-kotong, anti-colorum ngayon
P500 na ang kita niya. Iyan ang paraan kung paano napananatili ang dagdag-pasahe
sa piso lamang."

3. Education and health insurances for more Filipinos.

" Bukod sa libreng edukasyon sa elementarya at high school, nadoble ang pondo
para sa mga college scholarships, while private high school scholarship funds from
the government have quadrupled."

" Bago ako naging Pangulo, isa't kalahating milyong maralita lamang ang may health
insurance. Noong 2001, sabi natin, dadagdagan pa ng kalahating milyon. Sa taong
iyon, mahigit isang milyon ang nabigyan natin. Ngayon, 65 milyong Pilipino na ang may
health insurance, mahigit doble ng 2000, kasama ang labinlimang milyong maralita.
Philhealth has paid P100 billion for hospitalization. The indigent beneficiaries largely
come from West and Central Visayas, Central Luzon, and Ilocos. Patuloy nating
palalawakin itong napaka-importanted programa, lalo na sa Tawi-Tawi, Zambo Norte,
Maguindanao, Apayao, Dinagat, Lanao Sur, Northern Samar, Masbate, Abra and
Misamis Occidental. Lalo na sa kanilang mga magsasaka at mangingisda."

Explanation:

Increasing our food and energy self sufficiency contributes a lot for the improvement of our life.
If we are producing our own rice it means we will import less from other rice producing countries.
Through agrarian reforms our country men are given land to cultivate for their own. In HRM, this
act of giving and trusting Filipino people lands to cultivate for their own means that the
government have trust in the ability of its people. This will lift their morale making them work
harder. In the case of energy, if we are self sufficient we will save a lot of money in paying bills
therefore budget could be allocated for other needs of the people.
More jobs and improved wages. This is especially important to us incoming college graduate.
For the next 2010 the government will be demanding one million jobs and with the right
qualifications and skills almost every graduate will be sure of getting a job in the future.
Education and health insurances for more Filipinos. I firmly believe that education and
health are key factors in creating a better nation. If people are educated they are well
equip and competent in any task given to them. If people are healthy in body and mind
they will become a good work force of the nation.

JEALOU L. AZUCENA BSIT-3
"Leadership is not about doing the first easy thing that comes to mind; it is about doing what is necessary,
however hard."
Pres. Gloria Arroyo

lol! ...pls. comment...lol!
-i love magic-
hapit na ang showing sa harry potter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
febe mae florentino

PostSubject: Assignment No. 7   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 pm

On the assumption that you have heard/read the SONA of the president identify at least
three areas related to HRM and explain how it can improve our quality of life.

1.“Mula sa buwang ito, wala nang income tax ang sumusweldo ng P200,000 o mas mababa sa isang taon – P12 billion na bawas-buwis para sa maralita at middle class. Maraming salamat, Congress.”

Explanation:

Employees now have bigger salary and they can now provide their needs because their salary is enough to sustain them.

2.“Pinagsasama-sama natin ang mga programa ng DSWD, DOH, GSIS, SSS at iba pang lumalaban sa kahirapan sa isang National Social Welfare Program para proteksyonan ang pinaka-mahihirap mula sa pandaigdigang krisis, and to help those whose earnings are limited by illness, disability, loss of job, age and so on—through livelihood projects, microfinance, skills and technology transfer, emergency and temporary employment, pension funds, food aid and cash subsidies, child nutrition and adult health care, medical missions, salary loans, insurance, housing programs, educational and other savings schemes, and now cheaper medicine—Thanks to Congress.”

Explanation:

Since people who earn money have limitation because of some factors, government united DSWD, DOH, GSIS and SSS. Through the projects of these programs, they can help develop the people (employers and employee) to gain enough money considering the factors affecting them.

3.“Employers have funded the two increases in SSS benefits since 2005. Thank you, employers for paying the premiums.”

Explanation:

Because the SSS payments increases, the employers tend to pay higher but then they will receive many benefits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efasde

PostSubject: Assignment: SONA2008   Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:20 pm

On the assumption that you heard/read the SONA of the President yesterday, July 28, 2008, identify at least 3 areas related to Human Resource Management and explain how these areas can improve our quality of life.

Three areas related to Human Resources and its explaination on how it can improve our quality of life:

1. EDUCATION
"In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations.
Bukod sa libreng edukasyon sa elementarya at high school, na doble ang pondo para sa mga college scholarships, while private high school scholarship funds from the government have quadrupled."

ArrowEducation nowadays is the necessary factor for the survival and progress of each individual and even a country. It is nice to know that our government has a big interest and attention for the education of its people, inspite of the crisis we are facing right now we are still capable to have this education thru these technical and vocational courses and to be competitive globally. This opportunity helps a lot to those underprivileged to be educated and sooner to be useful to each one and to the country.

2. GSIS, HOUSING LOANS, HEALTH INSURANCE

"GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out.
Pag-Ibig housing loans increased from P3.82 billion in 2001 to P22.6 billion in 2007. This year it experienced an 84% increase in the first four months alone. Super heating na. Dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay. I ask Congress to pass a bill allowing SSS to do housing loans beyond the present 10% limitation.
Bago ako naging Pangulo, isa't kalahating milyong maralita lamang ang may health insurance. Noong 2001, sabi natin, dadagdagan pa ng kalahating milyon. Sa taong iyon, mahigit isang milyon ang nabigyan natin. Ngayon, 65 milyong Pilipino na ang may health insurance, mahigit doble ng 2000, kasama ang labinlimang milyong maralita. Philhealth has paid P100 billion for hospitalization. The indigent beneficiaries largely come from West and Central Visayas, Central Luzon, and Ilocos. Patuloy nating palalawakin itong napaka-importanted programa, lalo na sa Tawi-Tawi, Zambo Norte, Maguindanao, Apayao, Dinagat, Lanao Sur, Northern Samar, Masbate, Abra and Misamis Occidental. Lalo na sa kanilang mga magsasaka at mangingisda."

ArrowIn terms of human resources, employees benefits are part of it because its main concern are its people and its needs. For an individual to work hard and be progressive, good benefits should be offered to an employee as an exchange, to meet their needs. To achieve success, we should start prospering on the foundation of our plans and our actions to meet our goal. Our government should give focused and attention more to its human resources for the progress and productivity it offers in return.

3.POPULATION CONTROL

"Rice production since 2000 increased an average of 4.07% a year, twice the population growth rate. By promoting natural planning and female education, we have curbed population growth to 2.04% during our administration, down from the 2.36 in the 1990's, when artificial birth control was pushed. Our campaign spreads awareness of responsible parenthood regarding birth spacing. Long years of pushing contraceptives made it synonymous to family planning. Therefore informed choice should mean letting more couples, who are mostly Catholics, know about natural family planning."

ArrowWe are all aware that we are facing economic crisis globally, and each one are affected of it. And we are trying to conquer it and finding solutions on the problems we are facing right now. One of the solution that can help to survive in this crisis is population growth control. Through this program, couples and each individual are becoming aware on the role of each one and the population growth of the country. It would lessen the use of natural resources and decrease poverty and the crime rate of the country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charmaine_dayanan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Hello sir! My apologies for posting my reply to this assignment later than the due time you stated. My reason was that the Web Forum was not available yesterday due to some general error on the said page. Hope you will spare me. Hehehe. Thanks a lot! Very Happy

State of the Nation Address of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo during the 2nd Regular Session of the 14th Congress of the Republic of the Philippines
28 July 2008

Okay. I have actually heard a portion of the President's State of the Nation Address in the news. But I was not able to catch up some points related to our subject in Human Resource Management. So, assuming I have taken into my notes what she said (assuming I have my source), I have to identify 3 areas related to HRM and..elaborate it. :-)

So here are my 3 picks:

"In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. "
Exclamation
This is a good point to note. It only shows that our young Filipinos are acquiring skills through training and vocational courses offered by some government projects. This is a way of developing the abilities of students in their preparation to the real world of work. Even though they can't afford to enroll in degree programs, at least they are being trained and oriented technically for their employment opportunity in the future.

"Employers have funded the two increases in SSS benefits since 2005. Thank you, employers for paying the premiums.

GSIS pensions have been indexed to inflation and have increased every year since 2001. Its salary loan availments have increased from two months equivalent to 10 months, the highest of any system public or private—while repayments have been stretched out. "

Exclamation
Benefits and other added compensation are essential for the workforce of a company. It is one way to keep the employees motivated to be productive in line with the company's goal. So granting we have this SSS and GSIS benefits, etc provided by the employers, the company's human resources and the future workers of it are lucky enough to gain such rights and privileges.

"Bukod sa libreng edukasyon sa elementarya at high school, nadoble ang pondo para sa mga college scholarships, while private high school scholarship funds from the government have quadrupled.

I have started reforming and clustering the programs of the DepEd, CHED and TESDA. "

Exclamation
This is a very beneficial help especially to the aspiring students and their poor families. As with the crisis affecting every aspect of life in the world, more families can't afford to let their children go to school. In result, we are acquiring higher literacy rate and weaker workforce in the country. But through these scholarship programs by the government, the four corners of learning are now being accessible to students and even out-of-school youth who wanted to grab education in their hands. As we conceive, education is very important to a person because it is in formal learning where he can get skills training, personal and intellectual development,etc to be one of the best and competitive employees and employers in the future for they shall make the human resources of our country's workforce.

I have noted that there are so many points stressed by the President during her SONA 2008 but most of them focused more on the rice production, land reforms, and VAT. Nevertheless, in spite of the global crisis affecting the people from all walks of life especially our fellow countrymen below the poverty line, she is still thinking positively

Source: SONA 2008 Speech Text (courtesy of a SONA link in Ymreb's blog)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jovylin Sandoval

PostSubject: 3 areas of SONA that are related to HRM   Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:05 pm

bounce "Pinagsasama-sama natin ang mga programa ng DSWD, DOH, GSIS, SSS, PAG-IBIG at iba pang lumalaban sa kahirapan sa isang National Social Welfare Program para proteksyonan ang pinaka-mahihirap mula sa pandaigdigang krisis.."

Wink ***For me, we should be very thankful for this benefits, loans, pensions, subsidies, insurance, livelihood projects, and any medical missions, educational and other saving schemes, etc. that they are given to us because we know that it is very helpful to us especially to those employees and especially nowadays that we are now in global crisis.***

bounce"Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010."

Wink***Through this training partnership, I can now visualize that as a filipino, our world competitiveness would be more and more great than before. And through this training, I know that it would reduce the underemployment rate that we have right now.***

bounce"Noong SONA ng 2001, naglunsad tayo sa NCR ng patrabaho para sa 20,000 na out of school youth, na tinawag OYSTER. Ngayon, mahigit 20,000 ang ineempleyo ng OYSTER sa buong bansa. In disaster-stricken areas, we have a cash-for-work program."

Wink***It is good to know about that, at least those youth that are out of school would still have earned money with their own effort that have exerted. And for the people in disaster-stricken areas, it is really good to have them the cash-for-work program because by that way, it can still give a hopes for the families that are living there.***

Razz With the difficult situation that our president facing right now, though I am not pro-GMA there is a part of me that I can say that I'm proud of her because of her being strong and because she stands still inspite of the critics that are thrown to her. And I agree with her saying that, "Leadership is not about doing the first easy thing that comes to mind; it is about doing what is necessary, however hard."....and that is the attitude of being a leader.

And I also agree to what Pres. Arroyo said that, "To meet the challenges of tomorrow, we must become more self-reliant, self-sufficient and independent, relying on ourselves more than on the world."

That our success will always be depends on each one of us... sunny

flower Pls. visit and comment me at my blog flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://juvz-14.sosblog.com
jeanette_japitan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm

State of the Nation Address of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo during the 2nd Regular Session of the 14th Congress of the Republic of the Philippines

Three areas from the SONA of our President related to Human Resource Management:

Arrow ” Noong SONA ng 2001, naglunsad tayo sa NCR ng patrabaho para sa 20,000 na out of school youth, na tinawag OYSTER. Ngayon, mahigit 20,000 ang ineempleyo ng OYSTER sa buong bansa. In disaster-stricken areas, we have a cash-for-work program”.

Arrow "Mula sa buwang ito, wala nang income tax ang sumusweldo ng P200,000 o mas mababa sa isang taon – P12 billion na bawas-buwis para sa maralita at middle class."

Arrow "Bukod sa libreng edukasyon sa elementarya at high school, nadoble ang pondo para sa mga college scholarships, while private high school scholarship funds from the government have quadrupled.
I have started reforming and clustering the programs of the DepEd, CHED and TESDA."

Exclamation These areas related to Human Resource Management mentioned by our President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo during her SONA would truly help us if she accomplished all of this. On the first area that stated above it is nice to hear that many of the out of school youth have given a chance to have a work. While the next area I hope that it would really happen because it is gigantic assist to those that belong to the middle class and maralita. The last area was all about the education, I expect that PGMA will continue to what she was started, and I hope she will give more attention, benefits and funds to the DepEd and so forth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyssa Rae Soriano

PostSubject: ..♥   Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:51 am

areas in PGMA's SONA related to HRM

bounce benefits
Pinagsasama-sama natin ang mga programa ng DSWD, DOH, GSIS, SSS at iba pang lumalaban sa kahirapan sa isang National Social Welfare Program para proteksyonan ang pinaka-mahihirap mula sa pandaigdigang krisis, and to help those whose earnings are limited by illness, disability, loss of job, age and so on—through livelihood projects, microfinance, skills and technology transfer, emergency and temporary employment, pension funds, food aid and cash subsidies, child nutrition and adult health care, medical missions, salary loans, insurance, housing programs, educational and other savings schemes, and now cheaper medicine—Thanks to Congress.

bounce employment
Ginagawa nating labor-intensive ang paggawa at pag-ayos ng kalsada at patubig. Noong SONA ng 2001, naglunsad tayo sa NCR ng patrabaho para sa 20,000 na out of school youth, na tinawag OYSTER. Ngayon, mahigit 20,000 ang ineempleyo ng OYSTER sa buong bansa. In disaster-stricken areas, we have a cash-for-work program.

bounce trainings
In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. Among them are Jessica Barlomento now in Hanjin as supply officer, Shenve Catana, Marie Grace Comendador, and Marlyn Tusi, lady welders, congratulations.
Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.

Honestly, i haven't heard any of the president's statements from any media resources since that im at school.hmp! But thanks to our modern technology, its easier for me to cope up from any important events.ü Hmm. From the statements above, it just show that the president is really doing her best just for our nation's sake it just so happen that we cannot feel the developments and the changes that was made. Actually, base on what I can see, nothing has change. No improvements. Am not really expecting anything from her promises. Its not that I dont care about Philippines or whatsoever. It just happen that im getting tired and sick from all of these. hmp! Evil or Very Mad But I dont blame everything to her. We, as a citizen must also do our part. As our native folks said, If we want changes, it must begin from ourselves. In short "Dli na ta mag salig sa mga gipang saad sa atong gobyerno. Mag lihok ta ug ato aron maka kat.on..ü Busa ABTIK NAH!ü"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatima Paclibar

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:32 pm

On the assumption that you heard/read the SONA of the President yesterday, July 28, 2008, identify at least 3 areas related to Human Resource Management and explain how these areas can improve our quality of life.

Three areas related to Human Resource Management:

In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number n the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated.

The creation of six million jobs in six years via more opportunities given to entrepreneurs, tripling of the amount of loans for lending to small and medium enterprises, and the development of one to two million hectares of land for agricultural business; she said: "Our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.

The construction of new buildings, classrooms, provision of desks and chairs and books for students and scholarships to poor families.

These program of the government benefits all of us Filipinos. The government alone cannot do all of these without the support of its people. We have our responsibilities towards our nation, and realizing these, may help lessen the crisis we are facing today. I do appreciate the efforts of the government and I hope we'll cooperate and do our part as a citizen of this country.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
john david de peralta

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:01 am

where is my post here? cant see it... i have submitted a post. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://training.aydp.amigoas.com/johndaviddeperalta/
john david de peralta

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 am

i guess i have to post again..man!!! where did my post go??????

ok.... here we go!!!

in my previous original post that was gone(don't know where it went), i was cited education and several government agencies that are related to HRM.

education "
I have started reforming and clustering the programs of the DepEd, CHED and TESDA."- the fact that our country needs to push through education matters, is one thing regarding human resource. this program reform will also create an effect to the human resource of this depertments.

"Pinagsasama-sama natin ang mga programa ng DSWD, DOH, GSIS, SSS" - this has also something to do with Human resource, in innovating the programs of such agencies, people under this organizations have to be managed well in order to perform proper service to filipino people. coordinating with the other departments needs managing of human resource in order to create harmony in uniting the programs.

"On my instruction, the BIR and Customs established similar government-civil society tie-ups for information gathering and tax evasion and smuggling monitoring." - about this concern, the government should be very strict in implementing this tie-up, for we know that in this agencies all stuffs that come in and out of the country pass by them. therefore, the human resource in this agencies should be well oriented. as for the rumors, smuggled products that enter the country are granted by this people to pass wthout tax.

in my discussion, i focused on things regarding tie-ups and uniting programs. because for me, this are some events and breakthrough that makes HRM a big issue in making this things happen.

im still wondering where my original poest went. confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://training.aydp.amigoas.com/johndaviddeperalta/
michelle adlawan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Last July 28, 2008, our Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo gave her SONA to the people of the Philippines. On the assumption of it, the following are the three areas related to Human Resource Management and how it affects the improvement of the quality of life.

First, the Value-Added Tax to increase the trust of the investors. With this, many would invest and many would have the opportunity to be hired and get employed by this investors. As what the president said, “Mula P56.50 kada dolyar, lumakas ang piso hanggang P40.20 bago bumalik sa P44 dahil sa mga pabigat ng pangdaigdigang ekonomiya. Kung alisin ang VAT, hihina ang kumpiyansa ng negosyo, lalong tataas ang interes, lalong bababa ang piso, lalong mamahal ang bilihin.'' This help the people to of the means to ride out the world food and energy crisis.

Second, the employment, benefits and the trainings the president had presented during the last SONA and the current SONA of today. She evaluated that last SONA 2001, he gave jobs to the out of school youth, which she called OYSTER. And now, there are 20,000 employments of OYSTER which really help those people who are not been able to go to school. This help them in having jobs that can help suit their needs.

As the president added, '' In training, 7.74 million took technical and vocational courses over the last seven years, double the number in the previous 14 years. In 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated. ''. These trainings help the the employees to achieve thier goal to be good workers in thier companies.

Also, the president gave certain benefits to the employees that help increase thier morale as a human resource. As what she stated, ''...loans have reached P102 billion or 30 times more than the P3 billion we started with in 2001, with a 98% repayment record, congratulations! Major lenders include the Land Bank with P69 billion, the Peoples' Credit and Finance Corporation P8 billion, the National Livelihood Support Fund P3 billion, DBP P1 billion and the DSWD's SEA-K P800 million. For partnering with us to unleash the entrepreneurial spirit...''

Third, striving for self-reliance. As an employee and as citizen of the country, it is just enough that we should be capable enough with the tough choices and help improve oursleves for the better. As one of the highlighted statement of her SONA goes, ''To address these global challenges, we must go on building and buttressing bridges to allies around the world: to bring in the rice to feed our people, investments to create jobs; and to keep the peace and maintain stability in our country and the rest of the world. Yet even as we reach out to those who need, and who may need us, we strive for greater self-reliance.''

As people of this country, we should be aware about our country right now and be more concern. For we are now facing a complex time, we should meet the challenges of tomorrow as being more self-reliant, self-sufficient and independent, relying on ourselves more than on the world.

''Let's be more helpful, more courteous, more quick.''
-Pres. Arroyo-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leah_ana_saavedra

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 pm

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS OF
PRESIDENT GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO
DURING THE 2ND REGULAR SESSION OF THE 14TH CONGRESS OF
THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES,
28 July 2008

...isang bilyon para college scholarship o pautang sa 70,000 na estudyanteng maralita;

...dapat dagdagan ng GSIS at buksan muli ng SSS ang pautang sa pabahay.

...our P 350 million training partnership with the private sector should qualify 60,000 for call centers, medical transcription, animation and software development, which have a projected demand of one million workers generating $13 billion by 2010.

...to meet the challenges of tomorrow, we must become more self-reliant, self-sufficient and independent, relying on ourselves more than on the world.

These areas can improve our quality of life because of the benefits we can get to these projects. The first on the list can help the students who are in need money to study and these students can help the country in the near future. And the last on the list is what i like most, because this could be the answer to our problems today and the days to come. Think about it.

We are three branches but one government. We have our disagreements; we each have hopes, and ambitions that drive and divide us, be they personal, ethnic, religious and cultural. But we are one nation with one fate.
----------------
President Gloria Macapagal-ARROYO

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josephine Paspe

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

.-. The GSIS, SSS and pag - ibig .-.

to relate the sona to human resourse, pGMA mention the 3 government agencies
that will help the people in different ways and that is by loaning.
a money for people to start. and their choices to improve things on there
own and with efforts of course.

.-.sigH!Yhs - august 27,2008.-.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shyenim.blogspot.com/
Sarah Jean Tisara

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:44 am

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS OF PRESIDENT GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO DURING THE 2ND REGULAR SESSION OF THE 14TH CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES

President Gloria Arroyo stated her yearly SONA last July 28, 2008.
“Lalong lumakas ang tiwala ng mga investor dahil sa VAT. Mula P56.50 kada dolyar, lumakas ang piso hanggang P40.20 bago bumalik sa P44 dahil sa mga pabigat ng pangdaigdigang ekonomiya.”

**In this statement of President Gloria Arroyo, we can see that peso is in good condition compared to the previous year. If this will continue, for sure several investments will come and of course several jobs for Filipino people.

“Noong Hunyo, nagpalabas tayo ng apat na bilyong piso mula sa VAT sa langis-dalawang bilyong pambayad ng koryente ng apat na milyong mahihirap, isang bilyon para college scholarship o pautang sa 70,000 na estudyanteng maralita; kalahating bilyong pautang upang palitan ng mas matipid na LPG, CNG o biofuel ang motor ng libu-libong jeepney; at kalahating bilyong pampalit sa fluorescent sa mga pampublikong lugar.”

**Through these things, Filipinos will benefit a lot especially the poor. The payments for electricity will be reduced, several youth will be given the chance to go to school, and it will lessen the burden of the people when it comes to economic expenses.

“Ginagawa nating labor-intensive ang paggawa at pag-ayos ng kalsada at patubig. Noong SONA ng 2001, naglunsad tayo sa NCR ng patrabaho para sa 20,000 na out of school youth, na tinawag OYSTER. Ngayon, mahigit 20,000 ang ineempleyo ng OYSTER sa buong bansa. In disaster-stricken areas, we have a cash-for-work program.”

**The number of unemployed Filipino will decrease. Several out of school youth will have a better future and in their young age, they will learn to earn a living, this might help them to become a responsible and independent person someday. These programs will not just provide jobs for the people, but will provide them a better life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karl philip abregana

PostSubject: ASSIGNMENT 7   Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Training for vocational and technical courses.

People are trained in many areas so that they can compete globally. 7.74 took vocational and technical courses, double the number in the previous 14 years in 2007 alone, 1.7 million graduated.

Job oppotunities for 20,000 out of school youths.

This helps the out of school youth to participate in the progress of the country, and increasing the employment rate of our country.

[b]Education and health insurances for more Filipinos.

Education and health insurances for more Filipinos. she said that she firmly believe that education and
health are key factors in creating a better nation. This would help in the progress of our country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jade mijares

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Even with the global economic crisis that is happening now, our economy and the lives of our fellow countrymen seems not to be affected at all. Even at the peak of the US economic meltdown, we Filipinos continued with our lives and the crisis blew over us. During those times the prices of gasoline and staple foods such as rice continued to go down as if the crisis that was happening worldwide had no bearing at all to the prices of basic commodities. I could say that the decisions and the plans that were made by our government shielded us from the effects of the above mentioned crisis.
Our president on her SONA last July, also stated the same thing. It was because of the preparations and choices done by the government that we were not caught unaware. Thanks to their foresight the Philippines had the capacity to take care of the situation. Based on the president’s SONA, let us look at some of the instances on how our government took care of its population.
Our government opened a million new jobs. This means that a lot of people were given the means to take care of their families. Through these new job openings our fellow Filipinos were given the opportunity to better their situation in life. By also planning infrastructure projects for our poorest provinces, new jobs will be created and our fellow Filipinos in remote places would be easily reached. This would also be good for commerce, since the produce of rural places could be brought easily to market. A good example of this is the RORO project of the government.
Thanks also to our governments drive to stop “kotong” and “colorum” the income of our jeepney drivers was boosted. Our governments drive to root out corruption in the government also boosted the economy which would also have a positive effect on every Filipino. Thanks to the ombudsman’s diligence in doing lifestyle checks, corruption is slowly being rooted out. The country’s money would go to proper allocations and would be used to help and improve our lives instead of going to the pockets of corrupt politicians and government officials.
By passing laws such as the exemption of the minimum wage earners in paying income taxes, every working person within the bracket would be given a better chance to improve their lives. The government also extends a helping hand to families who could not afford to pay their electric bills. The government also gave health insurance to the needy families of our country. These actions speak of a government that acts for the benefit of the under privileged.
These coming years, we would see a greener economy thanks to the oil find off the coast of Palawan. These would mean that our population would be greatly benefited. This could translate to lower gas prices, stronger buying power of the peso and the a vibrant market that would continue to improve the lives of everyone in our country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)   

Back to top Go down

Assignment 7 (Due: before August 12, 2008, 13:00hrs)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1