2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How will we treat the robots?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thomas Tangian

PostSubject: How will we treat the robots?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:01 am

The prediction regarding the robots existence to mingle with humans is fast approaching and if these thing will happen how do we treat them in our day to day? Is it a moral thing to turn it off when not in used? At what point has a machine gone from a mere device, to an entity worthy of moral protection?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paperview.forumotion.com
chris jan cane

PostSubject: Re: How will we treat the robots?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:28 pm

robots are just like other machines, although some have artificial intelligence. For me, i would not treat it like a human being, even if it mingle with us, still they are machine.It has no emotions or what so ever.

Nevertheless, i will take care of it just like other machines. But not to the extent of treating it like humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charmaine Joy Abrenica

PostSubject: reply   Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:50 pm

I could really relate to your topic since that's also the question I want to ask with regards to the future technological advancements. For me, robots should stay as robots, as what they should be. in relating to the movies i've seen where robots try to fit in as humans and asked for treatment like humans, it would be really complicated if it would go that way. 'Coz that would mean that robots then would be really intelligent as to feel or think as humans do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tangian

PostSubject: rep   Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 am

tnx for those who share their ideas regarding this assignment... =) cheers! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paperview.forumotion.com
Robert Marvin E. Lee

PostSubject: Re: How will we treat the robots?   Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 pm

this question would be so intersting the fact that humans hve difernt personality and ideas. Talking about treating them would be surely dependnt on how humans act on this machine. But one thing 4 sure i could say 'if humans treat animals like animal it would be chain also on robots.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michelangelo Macaraeg

PostSubject: Re: How will we treat the robots?   Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 am

This is an interesting topic...

Robots growing to an extent that they are mingling with the humans in the society made by humans are obviously treated as lower things..since they are machines and heartless as others have said it..
For me, robots must stay in the form of machines if people don't want to think about them as something else..In my opinion, creating humanoid form robots are like playing God..
we must not forget..God created us in His image..so if we create robots in our image...see the similarities...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harleylovitos

PostSubject: Re: How will we treat the robots?   Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Robots need not to worry about. Since robots are made by humans, robot is dependent to humans. We must admit that robots help us to make our task easier, faster and more accurate. For me we donít need to be anxious about robots. All things in the world has its own disadvantages and advantages, having this kind of invention it gives more benefit to the people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will we treat the robots?   

Back to top Go down

How will we treat the robots?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1