2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony E. Catamora

PostSubject: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Technology is said to be one of the greatest things that stands all major works of human in dealing with the everyday life. Such that memory is one of the greatest things that human and technology consider it as fuel for a certain direction in life in this world. Without it, it only sense that human and technology does not exist at all. Nowadays, scientists and researchers continue studying in bringing out the concept of brain technology in the future. This brain technology brings out the idea of having a surrogate memory for human that will serve as a memory aid. This technology will be able to recognize photographs, paper records and other materials from the brain into a programmable computer. That would probably be able to record all the memories of an individual including picture of events. If this kind of technology will be implemented in the future, this will be great help for many people who are suffering different kind of memory difficulties.

However, there are some risks and moral issues accompanied by this future innovation such as the risk of your privacy and security. In your own perspective about this future technology, are you willing to have your own surrogate memory? If so, why?

Reference: http://www.technologyawards.org/future_technology/Brain_Technology_In_The_Future.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aecatamora.blogspot.com
Charmaine Joy Abrenica

PostSubject: reply   Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 pm

uhmmm.it is both quite cool and scary.Cool because you get to actually save all the things you carry in your brain and you'll never have to worry at all what you can remember or not. Scary because transferring your memories into a computer as data can be very tricky since anyone can hack it or may use it in a wrong way. in anyway, you have just risked your total self.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Francis Anthony Itucas

PostSubject: Re: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:20 am

privacy? security? hmmmm.. these should not be the issues if you submit your self freely to undergo the said technology.. right? future innovation of this technology would be a great help.. if the you could save your memory on a computer, then maybe you could also upload those data to your brain.. in which case, it would be easier for human because they dont need to go to school to know things.. like in matrix, even though they dont know how to fly a helicopter but in a few minutes of uploading a manual to the brain.. then it is possible.. going back to the main issue, i would gladly have this technology to record those moments that i would treasure.. it could also be a great help for history because it could store the exact details that happened on a specific day.. books and papers wont be needed.. Very Happy bounce bounce bounce

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xoting.wordpress.com
Sheena Joy Lanada

PostSubject: Re: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 am

uhmm, the idea is nice and interesting but yes it will invade ones privacy. everything in your memory will be recorded and stored in a computer. well with this technology, secrets wont be secrets anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Van M. Buladaco

PostSubject: Re: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:09 pm

its a really great teachnology. It is so helpful for almost everyone.

As for me I think I will be willing to implant a surrogat memory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://estudyantenghectic.blogspot.com
April Rose Raganas

PostSubject: Re: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:11 pm

No, it's because life and privacy will be at risk, and i don't want that to be happen. If we love ourselves and we value our privacy of course we don't want to have that kind of technology. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariane Joy B. Ang

PostSubject: surrogate memory   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 pm

I guess it's good enough to have it especially for older ones, but it is really a privacy intrusion when one's memory is to be recorded especially the picture of events. I guess it's kind of awkward.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glayra P. Bustamante

PostSubject: Re: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 am

for as long as it has security features then go... but i would rather feel and remember the memories i have on my own... reminiscing is quite more cool than the one you just see in the monitor saved in your disks... mas makaemote2 man gud ka ug masavor ang experience kung imoha jud iremember dba?hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clenemae G. Galgao

PostSubject: Re..   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 pm

cge, makatabang labi na sa mga limtanun..hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?   

Back to top Go down

Brain Technology... Do You Need A Surrogate Memory?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1