2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Are we still safe?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Van M. Buladaco

PostSubject: Are we still safe?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am

Quote :
A technology-caused disaster is the breakdown of a technological system due to human action which could result in harm to people and all creation. The response to a technology-caused disaster includes prevention, mitigation, preparation, response and recovery. The response to a technology-caused disaster does not include providing food, clothing, temporary shelter, blankets and other material resources.

fromTechnology-caused Disaster
[/url]
A technology-caused disaster can be an accidental spill, a deliberate or careless release, an illegal or badly designed disposal or storage area, or a leak from such an area. It can be a transportation accident, "sick" buildings, or workplace or mining hazards that get out of control. The affected elements can be air, soil, water, and animals in the human food chain -- and the human body.

Toxic risks remain in Louisiana
EPA to sample for WTC dust
Post-9/11 needs surfacing
Three dead after Hawaii dam break

these are just some events that caused by technology advancements!

SO DO YOU STILL THINK WE ARE SAFE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://estudyantenghectic.blogspot.com
Eric Ibasco

PostSubject: Are we still safe?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Of course we are still safe because based for only the image you provide to us or even by the experienced with the following technologies we are still in safe place. Because technology cannot become disaster if the person who use this technology was in a proper use that both technology and human must work together in order to have a good life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.logorice.blogspot.com
Miah Mae C. Bernaldo

PostSubject: Re: Are we still safe?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Accident can happen anywhere and anytime...even with new technologies or not, we are still not safe. i dont think technologies can help us become safe,
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spongeemyn.blogspot.com/
John Wilson Lee

PostSubject: Re: Are we still safe?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Miah Mae C. Bernaldo wrote:
Accident can happen anywhere and anytime...even with new technologies or not, we are still not safe. i dont think technologies can help us become safe,

i think our technologies today helped so many people around the globe in the field of disaster management and etc. Simulations like weather forecasting is one of the many technologies that helped many people. Besides, one of the main purpose f the improvements of technology is concerning safety.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rendell Andrin

PostSubject: Re: Are we still safe?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 pm

i think it depends on how we handle the technology. if we are careless and lacks measures
in using the technology, then we are less safe.
some technology are created for our own safety.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
regina e. abadilla

PostSubject: Re: Are we still safe?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:37 pm

hmmh.. i guess we must not judge in general...

technology changes its face for the common good and development.^^

e cant deny the fact that there are misleadings compromising our safely... but i still know.. more people are now thinking on how to get rid out of this.^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charmaine Joy Abrenica

PostSubject: reply   Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Anything comes with a good and bad side. Technology causes us harm which only means that we are harming ourselves indirectly. these technologies could go bad if not used or made properly. But either way, technology-caused or not, disaster will always be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthony E. Catamora

PostSubject: Re: Are we still safe?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:48 pm

from observing this current time, i don't think we are fully safe by this technological advancements. this issue is still arguable by many people since experiencing accidents to death still happening.. yet if we could manage the technology in the future by starting now, i think we can able to handle this issue..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aecatamora.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we still safe?   

Back to top Go down

Are we still safe?
Page 1 of 1