2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AIs to real humans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charmaine Joy Abrenica

PostSubject: AIs to real humans   Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 pm

My topic is inspired by the movie Artificial Intelligence and Bicentennial Man, and it would be great if you have also seen them so we could relate to each other better. Greater advancements is very inevitable and we all know that it keeps on growing more and more powerful and so complex that anything we think impossible would just be a laugh away in the near future. With all these advancements, it is not also impossible that robots or AIs will be mingling with us as someone who is also an individual of a society. They also could talk like us, live the same lifestyle we had, or maybe even eat and have emotions. My question would be, would you agree to the thought of these robots can be 'real humans' such as being registered as one, take part of the important happenings on earth as real humans do, have families and die knowing that they are only machines?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michelangelo Macaraeg

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:39 am

I saw both movies but I had to watch the A.I. again.

The issue here is that is it really good idea to develop AI to the point where it would be like in the movies. There was a moment in the AI movie where the mother is having a big dilemma whether to fully activate the robot child (I forgot his name) and make it her child forever. That moment had her thinking if she can really accept the robot child and use it for her own personal benefit (maybe, therapy from having extreme emotions due to her real living child on the brink of death?). The robot child was used to mediate her feelings and as a distraction for her mind. Later on, the family (especially, the mother) when they were reunited with their true son, had a very complex emotion since the robot was now an obstacle for the reconstruction of their family bond. The mother felt that she had to someway get rid of the robot and concentrate on loving his true son since she thinks that her true son is more important and her son is only one that matters, yet still having the little lingering feeling of warmth she felt with the robot child.

Now this is a critical sample when involved in this issue. Humans are not supposed to create life (I mean artificially, not the other one...). It has been a great issue since Frankenstein and before that time. So if the creation of life is obtained by humans, Chaos is ensured like the sample before. So I personally think that if people want to lead a true and satisfying lives, don't mess with God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth Roldan M. Tello

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Honestly, I have not watched any of the movies you've mentioned by I will try to give my thoughts with regards to the question in general. This issues I believe is still in debate by those who are pro-AI and those who are anti -AI.

For me, there's nothing wrong on having robots lived the way human do as long as they are not created to destroy human. I always believe that robots will never become human. There are human behaviors and characteristics that cannot be done by a programmed machine like common sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Ibasco

PostSubject: AIs to real human   Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm

For me, I only saw the movie Bicentennial Man. This movie was touched me so much because of the unique story that the Robot(Robin Williams) is totally want to become or accept as a human by the people, that he make all the things and ways in order to be part of human race like applying some technology to get all the senses and organs just like real one.

And for the question, I will only agree for the robots of having thought, if the purpose of the robot is good just like the Bicentennial Man but not all the the knowledge and not all as a real human because robot is robot that made and lived first as a metal and human is human that made and lived with GOD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.logorice.blogspot.com
Miah Mae C. Bernaldo

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:15 pm

i cant imagine AI's do have feelings. it is impossible. only God can give and create emotions to people. But if ever thiis will be possible, i have foresee that the moral issue in here is in the scinetist who created that human. we can question him about his very purpose of creating a technology like that. becasue maybe he was trying to exceed God's power or to be like God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spongeemyn.blogspot.com/
Rendell Andrin

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 pm

for me, machine are machine. it has its limitations.
the time that they are weak and don't function any more, they become waste
the more we create them, the more unexpected problem to come
if we need some to be with in life, why machine? why not creating human instead.
my very point is, I'm not in favor with human like AIs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
regina e. abadilla

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:39 pm

hmm., i guess there's nothing wrong with the thought of living in a society with AIs.^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthony E. Catamora

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:55 pm

why not... as long as they do not step human right and control us..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aecatamora.blogspot.com
Francis Anthony Itucas

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:23 pm

i think that it would be only be applicable to clones, which are more human in nature.. but we can't deny the fact that even machines would be like clones or even like us in the near future.. for me, it is fine.. i could treat them like humans.. besides they would be more intelligent and more logical that real humans.. why would we treat them differently if they can act as a beneficial part of this planet.. right?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xoting.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIs to real humans   

Back to top Go down

AIs to real humans
Page 1 of 1