2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
regina e. abadilla

PostSubject: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm

We canít deny the fact that as great advancement of technology emerges, there is complication in moral and ethical aspects associated on it. This event is commonly found in the field of medicine, with the applications of nanobots or any means. Common complications are in the tissue/genetics engineering, the application of nanotechnology in our physical body synthesizing the humanity, longevity of human life.

I had read an article regarding the human cloning, stem-cells cloning rather, which really strikes me most. There was a research telling the success of cloning Dolly the sheep, and the embryos from the monkey, which really made a breakthrough of making the human cloning closer in reality. Human embryos will be cloned to harvest stem cells that can be grown into healthy tissue and transplanted and even cloning to create human being. This advancement of science raises a great moral issue.

With your own perspective, do you favor of the cloning researches that would lead to human cloning in the future?
What do you think the moral implications in the society or political, and how does it challenge your philosophy in life (moral and ethical principles)?

Last edited by regina e. abadilla on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agnes Galinato

PostSubject: cloning   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:12 pm

i had watched this film which really raises an issue when it comes to cloning. "The Island" where rich people can clone themselves and if ever in the near future there are some incidents and other ailments that hit them, they can easily replace it with their clone. Its somehow rude to get something from someone else even if that person is u. he has what he have and the same with all others. Well, its just a fiction story but a little disturbing if ever cloning could already be applicable.

I think that cloning can be done in other matters and fields but not very much on human... well, if cloning can alter the sadistic mind of human beings as well as erasing war issues then its a GOGOGO for me... hhehehe..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glayra P. Bustamante

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:32 pm

The very difficult implication it would cause to the society is the confusion whether to accept it or not especially that they believe that cloning goes against the spiritual teachings...

And one difficult thing that the cloned person will suffer in his entire life is the acceptance from the community of spiritual believers who will be having a hard time to accept the fact that he is still a human with a soul. Furthermore, since he has no formal mother and a father, it would really affect his whole identity and personality since he does not undergo the usual process of growing up...

but then, when these cloned persons are properly introduced into the society and if they will be taught with right values they should possess then there is nothing we should be worried about their existence someday...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charmaine Joy Abrenica

PostSubject: reply   Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 pm

I had also seen the movie, "The Island," and based from it , I don't think it would be really such a good idea if cloning humans would be a very cool way to be doing. For me, there can never be another us. Of course that it is very cool if you could actually live longer and be even immortal, but I think cloning could have more complications attached to it than the advantages it seems to display.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelo F. Matildo

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 am

For me, speaking about moral is also affecting the spiritual life of man, and so
Cloning is very contrary with regards to spirituality aspects of humanity, since it is against in the law of God, isn't it? ÖHuman is created in the visible likeness and image of God, therefore not by man..db?

However, there are also advantages of having this kind of technology, especially when many researches have gone focusing their researches regarding about cloning...Since then there will be more technologies will be develop out from those cloning of human life, especially when they are being created for the purpose of the advancement of life, but then the conflict in this area is with regards to morality, which is againstÖthatís in my own opinion lng namanÖ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenneth Roldan M. Tello

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Cloning is defined as the creation of an organism that is an exact genetic copy of another. So, it is the also you based on your physical characteristics and also you have the same genetic components such as DNA. But the reality is it is another person. Cloning means creating a new human that is based on those that is already existing.

As a catholic, cloning is against the law of God. We are created by God through His Image and Likeness as the book of Genesis in the Holy Bible said. Cloning could give us God like powers since we can create human if we wanted to.

We are living in a world that is full of racial discrimination. Same also with a cloned person. How will the normal people will treat him or her? For sure they will be discriminated by these normal human that are somehow threatened with their existence(cloned human). Cloned persons could also caused trouble in the justice system. For example, if you're clone committed murder, there is a risk that you will also be detained because you have the same fingerprints.

Cloning could also add up to the increasing number of world population. The increase could be twice than the way normal people do.

For the information of everybody, there is a law that governs about human cloning.

I strongly oppose human cloning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miah Mae C. Bernaldo

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:45 pm

taking about dolly-the first mammal which is successfully cloned. Dolly was cloned to improve the farm animals.
we all wanted to have more improved life. but i dont think cloning will be the best solution for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spongeemyn.blogspot.com/
Anthony E. Catamora

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:26 pm

i think cloning regards many issues in moral aspects and i don't think this technology completely satisfies the needs of human.. another one, this will only raise criticisms and will open another issues...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aecatamora.blogspot.com
westlife

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:30 am

yeah... You got it right Anthony E. Catamora. I agree with you.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning   

Back to top Go down

Ethical issues in advancement of technology: cloning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1