2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

INTRODUCTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsgamboa
Admin

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 am

Welcome back!!! as usual please state your expectations to your subject and your professor. please visit this forum from time to time as papers/assignments/exercises will be posted here and you are expected to post your answers promptly ...tnx

NO SCREEN NAME/ALIAS please ... REGISTER with your COMPLETE NAME

SOME REMINDERS:

When writing a paper try to use your own words majority of the time.
When you use another person's words, use quotation marks and give credit to the source, either within the text or in a footnote.
No student shall, with intent to deceive, represent the work of another individual as his or her own in any of his papers/assignments/exercises submitted in this subject, whether the material so represented constitutes a part or the entirety of the work submitted.

AVOID PLAGIARISM (give credit where credit's is due)
Dont forget to cite references/authors, here are some tips :

Citing the author in the text
If the author's name occurs naturally in the sentence the year is given in brackets.
Using direct quotes
If you quote directly from a source you must insert the author's name, date of publication and the page number of the quotation.
The page number should be given at the end of the quote, in separate brackets if necessary.
Citing Works by more than one author
If your source has two authors you should include both names in the text.
Citing works by three or more authors
If there are three or more authors you should include the first named author and then add 'et al.' in italics followed by a full stop. This is an abbreviation of 'et alia' which means 'and others' in Latin.
Citing a chapter or section
When referring to a chapter or section which is part of a larger work, you should cite the author of the chapter not the editor of the whole work.
Citing works by the same author written in the same year
If you cite two or more works written in the same year by the same author, then you must differentiate between them in both the text and your List of references by listing them as a, b, c etc.
Citing secondary sources
When citing secondary sources (ie an author refers to a work you have not read) cite the secondary source, but include the name of the author and date of publication of the original source in the text.
Only the secondary source should be listed in your List of references. You should only cite secondary sources if you are unable to read the original source yourself.

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-8421

***You can use also APA and MLA citation style***
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rsg0927.forumsmotion.com
mariechelle alcoriza

PostSubject: introduction   Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:31 pm

whew!

i'm the first one to respond...

my expectations toward the subject: in MIS I, i've learned a lot, hopefully in mis II i can learn more nad be able to improve my social skills in dealing with other people and as what sir randy said during our first meeting, i'll be able to help and contribute something to IC's Strategic Plan (in my own simple way) for its development.

expectations towards my teacher: i hope that sir randy will continue the fun and enjoyment in our class. sana maulit ang ice cream (sir?ahaha). seriously speaking, sir randy just want to expose us in the real world, not depending on the instructors all the time(or spoon feeding in short). in reality, it is a matter of guts and your desire for your goals.
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate_mariel_dizon

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 am

nice to see you again, sir... Very Happy

So, first off, I expect the subject, Management Information Systems 2 (MIS 2), to be as fun, informative and fruitful as the first MIS. But, I also expect this subject to be more of a challenge to us, especially that we are going to study our own department (according to Sir). I hope that this subject will allow us to apply what we have learned to help our own department so that we may leave a mark behind... cheers

As for our instructor, I look forward to his fun yet sensible lessons. Honestly, I won't expect too much from him because he said so himself that we will not learn anything from him Wink. Despite this, I expect him to help us in this subject and give us whatever input he can to further make our learning more efficient. And, of course, I look forward to his treats! Laughing

It's nice to be back!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.katemarieldizon.blogspot.com
harleylovitos

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 am

Hello Sir!

My expectation to my teacher is he will guide us on what this subject all about and he will give his input to us and share his knowledge about the subject. I'm happy that our teacher is approachable, sir stay cool and we expect that you will be good to us. Thank you sir. To the subject my expectation is that I can help or we can help our unirvesity and our department through this subject.

Merry Christmas santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorena R. Gonzales

PostSubject: Introduction   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:09 am

Hello sir..

I am expecting this subject to have fruitful class discussions and that we would be able to apply the learnings we would acquire from experiences and sharing, and eventually would serve as a key for us to become globally competitive IT professionals. hehe

Sir, just be jolly all the time.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Lorena R. Gonzales on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robert Marvin E. Lee

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:09 am

Hullo to IT Pepz! cheers

WheW! it so nice to be back once again!... AHmm... I'm expecting alot of something new interesting topics and experience regarding with this subject hope this will be another round of fun and excitement with our beloved professor Mr.RSG king because of his taughts and reminders. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah Rhea Hernandez

PostSubject: mis 2.??!!!!   Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Laughing
hmm.. well, for MIS2.. I think it will be just like MIS1 basing on the fact that the same professor who have handled is in MIS1 is the same professor who is going to handle us in MIS2.

The lessons, I believe will focus on the more specific characteristics of Management of Information Systems because in the first MIS we were tackling the general topics.

I reckon that we, the students of this subject will get to know MIS more deeper and learn not only on the theoretical side but also on the technical side because I believe that our professor will again let us learn for the IT environments itself (its a nbice and effective way learning actually.. jeje lol!). gOod luck to all of us.!! another sem to go.!! lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.woophie.blogspot.com
angel mae brua

PostSubject: ..expectations..   Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 pm

whew..

were back sir..

so far,as the orientation had finished about this subject..i expect that it would be more on schools and department analysis. so i expect that the paper works would be more likely inside the campus itself.

i expect naman in sir,still the same. like what he said during the orientation,he will only give us 0.001% of his learnings. the other part is ours to develop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gelaneam.blogspot.com
SherylCaguimbaga

PostSubject: my expectations   Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Hello Sir! Itís nice to be back!

I expect the subject, Management Information System 2, to be more exciting, and that it will help us to grow in our knowledge and to have well-rounded development through learning experience. As to our professor, I expect that he will keep on helping us to become a better person and to have a brighter future. Smile

I do believe in you sir. Keep on smiling! Sir, again, ice cream! Laughing

Last edited by SherylCaguimbaga on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashbury franklin alcordo

PostSubject: expectation   Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:50 am

MAY THIS SUBJECT BE AS EXCITING AS WALKING IN THE RAIN. DESPITE BEING WET OR BEING ENGAGEd WITH HARDSHIPS, IT WOULD STILL BRING SMILES AND JOY WITHIN OURSELVES...charmos gInamos!

NO WORRIES FOR OUR BELOVED MAESTRO, HE MANAGES THINGS VERY WELL!

lets walk in the rain!!

---------------------
philippians 4:13
---------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CherryannMontejo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Towards the subject, I expect it to be more entertaining similar to the previous MIS 1.
Compared to MIS 1, I will be expecting that this subject will be a stressful one.

But the teacher knows how to manage well the class and the subject itself. For that reason, my future is clearer now.

CHEERS GUYS!!!! MAHAYAG NA ATONG FUTURE!!!!
cheers cheers cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davemar tabanyag

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm

hello everyone!

I believe everyone here is not a newbie in this forum. therefore i wish everybody goodluck and hope that everybody will have fun during the course of this subject. i expect a lot more of those challenging questions that will further enhance our skills in the IT profession.

GOD bless everyone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adlaon,Kristine Mae

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Sa Tanan Malipayong Pagbalik.

I expect this subject to be bombarded with lots of case studies and company visits.

To the teacher; well as always I know Sir knows whats best for us....
Salig lang jud tah sa Ginoo..

Merry Christmas santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Pinaskuhan lang ako Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tangian

PostSubject: hmmm   Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Ive expect to learn 99.99% from the real world and a .01% from the professor... cheers to all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paperview.forumotion.com
Simon Lusan

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Hello guys!

I'm expecting that we'll learn a lot from dis subject through sheer hard work.. hehe.. with the guidance from our professor this subject would be stressful yet at the same time fun.

well.. GUDLUCK EVERYONE!

ps.
i think i'l start updating my blog now.. hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riza Eve Gador

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 pm

The subject MIS 2 will make me able to learn how the manage the information and will make me a better person and to have new friends.. heheheh
In our professor to guide us always and be patient to us.
Merry Christmas in Advance
santa santa santa santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.everiza.blogspot.com
maryrossinidiamante

PostSubject: Expectations   Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey y'all!

Hmmm.

I'm expecting that this subject would enable us students to acquire more knowledge, develop skills in interacting people and analysis of an Information System of an organization for us to be able to relate and apply our learnings in the real world and in order for us to be ready in the future of Information Technology.

I hope that sir Gamboa would guide us in all the way, imparting us 0.01% of his knowledge.whew!

Goodluck to everyone!
Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abellana, maria teresa g.

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:24 pm

holla!
seasons' greetings! santa

mis 2 ni? aw. ingun gni ku. level up!

i expect the entirety of the course to be somewhat tiring, as compared to mis 1. company visits and a lot of case discussions will keep on hunting us. (peace sir Laughing )..nevertheless, i beliv at the end of the semester, i or should i say the whole class will be able to gain a lot of knowledge from our future activities to be accomplished. as for sir randy, i expect him to be quite strict this time-- to discipline us; it's part of growing up..am i right sir? as for the entire IT people in this subject, let's help and encourage one another.
AJA guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronic Winmar Concepcion

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 am

Gud day all ..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It's nyc to be back ..... sir we meet again .... hehehe

I am expecting that we will learn new things from you through this subject. I am also expecting that you will equip us with the knowledge needed to be globally competitive.

I am expecting sir RSG to be the same as usual, Strict and always willing to guide us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mylair.tk
Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: Introduction   Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:32 am

haLOo siR..

iTs goOd to be back..

i expect that this subject would be more enjoyable, fun and interesting...

that we will learn more and that you'll stay nice and handsome...

that our knowledge will broaden..

and finally, that we will all pass..

Go go go..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ymrebmomville

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 am

helo sir!

hmmmm, of course i expect more assignments as usual..hehe

and fewer days of classes...hehehehe... hope we can learn more about this subject like in MIS 1...and i know we will enjoy this.... anyways i also expect ICECREAM at the end..hehe peace ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCTION
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
2709rsgamboa6219 :: Subjects :: Management Information Systems 2-
Jump to: