2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsgamboa
Admin

PostSubject: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Why do you think HRM is included in the BSCS/BSIT curriculum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rsg0927.forumsmotion.com
lynneth llemit

PostSubject: homework #5   Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I think Human Resource Management is useful for BSIT and BSCS students... that is why it is required in the curriculum. Rolling Eyes Razz

We are already certain that Human Resource is an essential component in any industry. As We students graduate in our courses affraid , each would of course look for a job to survive scratch . We students would be a part of this Human Resources wether we like it or not No . We would be a part of this working force that composes any industry we choose.

So, for that certain matters, We ought to understand what is Human Resources and Human Resources Management. We ought to know what is the importance of HRM and it's significance.
lol!

visit:
Arrow http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/

Last edited by lynneth llemit on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/
venus s. millena

PostSubject: RELationShip of IT into HRM   Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 am

Human Resource Management (HRM) is dealing on how to use and to take good care of the human resources in which denoting to "us".

BasketballREASONS: Basketball

1.It is related to the course IT because soon we might get a work and being a worker we should know what our rights and to whom to ask for help if we will get oppressed and deprived by our employer.
2.We are dealing in industry. In industry HRM is present, so we have to understand what it is all about.
3. HRM involves HRIS in which created through database system. Employees file and other information is stored and shared through database system.
4. In the workplace it uses computers and human that need to be balanced.
Laughing

Last edited by venus s. millena on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jade mijares

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:30 pm

As I see it, the subject HRM was included in the BSIT curriculum because it helps the department realize their vision to 'produce responsible IT professionals.' To produce responsible IT professional has been a vision of the department when the curriculum was made. Furthermore, it also helps achieve the goal of the university to produce morally upright graduates.

How is this possible? By informing the students and by opening their eyes to their value as a human resource and by instilling in them that the people they would be working with also have rights just like them they would become responsible and morally upright. The students of the IC department would know not to abuse their rights or their positions in the companies they would be working for in the future. Not only that, they would also be able to know if their rights or the rights of their co-workers are being violated or being trampled on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah Rhea Hernandez

PostSubject: Why is HRM in BSIT/BSCS courses.?   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Managing human resource was established way before the creation of computers, and even way before the invention of light bulb.

The use of man power and managing it can be seen in all aspects of our history and in the present. We can see that long ago building pyramids needs a lot of human work force and are managed by the higher officials sent by the pharaoh. Yet, clearly at those times there wasn't a clear study about human resource management. As time goes by, a study on the said subject was made and its principles are used in all institutions whether it be a major corporation, a school or even by a small enterprise. It was late seen that human resource was a vital part in a growing economy.

But questions such as "why is there a need to study HRM in computer related courses?" or "What is its connection with computers or technology that a need to focus on it is created?". Other statements such as "Its much more related to business related courses and it should just stay there for it has no use in BSIT/BSCS students." Question

On the contrary, I believe that, we, computer based students should have a study on the matter for the reasons that it will help us be aware of what we will face after we graduate. In the few weeks that I have studied HRM, it taught me a lot of things that my university can't. It lead me to visit IT based companies that opened my eyes on what I want to be after I graduate. It gave me knowledge on what are the rights a worker has, how much pay he/she would receive, how a certain company operates, what skills and characteristics are being preferred by other corporations or on how to know what job would suit an individual best.

I think that it was for these reason why HRM was included in studying BSIT/BSCS courses. To teach the students not only about things that are in the direct relation with their chosen profession but also about things that they will have to go through in their working environment. It enables students to be aware of what the "outside world" would be and getting them ready for it. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.woophie.blogspot.com
kate_mariel_dizon

PostSubject: HRM in IT/CS curriculum   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Yes, most of us are wondering why we have Human Resource Management as a subject in our course. Some might say that it is unrelated to our field of study but it's actually related.

What do think about when you say IT professional, or programmer, or etc.? Did you just think about computers and computers alone? If you thought that, then you probably won't succeed in your future job. If we read the job descriptions that we passed, most of them include "good communication skills" in the qualification. I'm not saying that HRM is all about communication skills but rather your approach toward people.

If I were to defend why HRM is included in our course, I would say that just because our course revolves around computers and our future jobs probably will, doesn't mean that our lives will only revolve around computers, too. We will not always be gawking at the computer monitor, rubbing our foreheads to find a solution to the programming task that was given to us. We will also be dealing with people, telling them about our work, undergoing interviews, becoming the boss or the leader of a team. And do you only dream of working for a good company? Why not be the boss for whom people work? This position needs the ability to be able to deal with people. Having a subject like HRM is very helpful if you want a bird's eye view of handling people, knowing their personality with one look, and dealing with them in the correct manner.

Like what Ma'am Madrona said during the orientation, we shouldn't just be intellectual giants and emotional dwarfs. Having HRM as a subject will help us become a well-rounded person who can cope with both mental and emotional issues. A boat that is loaded on the other end and empty on the other will sink to the bottom and the first one to sink is the end with the heavier load... cyclops

Moreover, HRM teaches us our value as human beings in the business world- that we are not just tools used for making profit but we are the flesh that gives depth to work and the blood that runs through the system, making it alive.
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.katemarieldizon.blogspot.com
Natalie Marie G. Bama

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:22 pm

In my own understanding, Human Resource Management is included in the BSCS/BSIT curriculum because it helps us understand our roles in the industry after we finish our course. Shocked It gives us knowledge on how to be a responsible employee someday and be aware of the responsibilities, rights, benefits and personnel policies which conform to current regulations. It would also give us ideas what are the qualifications for a certain job. Idea We’ll know the problems that may occur in a workplace and how to overcome it. This subject would prepare us in the working environment we’ll be dealing with in the near future. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen Palero

PostSubject: Relevance of HRM to IT   Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:19 pm

Human Resource Management is the art and science of dealing with people at work for the optimum of achievement of individual, organization and society’s goals.

In the NEAR FUTURE we will all be a part of a business organization. Therefore, we will all deal on people with different achievements and abilities. As what Sir Gamboa said, we, the 'techie-guys'(in the future( Question )), are the 'gem' of the company and are reliable in the progress as well as the regress of the company.

In a nutshell, BSIT and BSCS students ought to know what HRM is all about for us to be aware of our responsibilities and to know how to effectively manage people in the workplace since it is of great importance and value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karainie.blogspot.com
Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: HRM Subject in IT   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 am

Human resource management is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business.

Human Resource Management is one of the subjects Information Technology students in ur school have to take. For me, the reason why HRM subject is included in our curriculum is that first, we will have to work in an organization or company someday and so we have to know how to deal to people. We have to know who are we going to approach,who are we going to work with and what are the role of HR Department so that we can learn how to value them. So that we will learn that we have to communicate with different kinds of people when we go outside; not just IT people.

Secondly, we are IT people. We make programs, we manage their computers and we are responsible in the technical part of their company. We are responsible in implementing their task technically. And so we have to know how they function in a company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilyn_mapalo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Arrow Idea Human resource management (HRM) is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business. Exclamation

Arrow Idea For me, Human resource management(HRM) is included in BSIT and BSCS curriculum because from the word itself,it deals with people. It signifies that people involve always in everyday activities because without the peole,everything is useless. Exclamation

Arrow Idea Now, in order to have a person who can manage and be the manager,the management will get a professional one that can do anything and have the intellect to do the job. Exclamation

Arrow Idea This subject was given to us,students in order to learn something and know all the informations and details that comprise with it. Because in the near future we will be involve in that work. And also, by studying HRM subject, because people is a complex one, we will know how to mingle with other people and have a good relationship with them. That's it is included in our curriculum. Exclamation

lol!

Last edited by ilyn_mapalo on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kathy kay feranil

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Idea Idea Idea I think Human Resource Management is included in the BSCS/BSIT curriculum because it will help in giving us knowledge about our responsibilities, duties and rights as workers in a particular business organization where we will going to work if we graduated. Smile With this subject, we would able to understand and know how Human Resource Management flows in a business organization. And in the future, we have the knowledge and confidence to face the real word of business... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by kathy kay feranil on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charmaine_dayanan

PostSubject: HRM is included in the IT/CS curriculum...   Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:46 pm

Based primarily on the meaning of each word, "Human Resource Management" is the managing or directing / controlling the human resources or shall we say, the manpower essentials of a certain company. Rolling Eyes

Now, why is the subject IT-314 (Human Resource Management) included in the BSIT / BSCS curriculum? Well, for a fact that HRM is also included in the curriculum of other course, I must say that this we, as IT (and CS) students have the rights to have this as one of our subjects. One major factor or reason, I shall say, is that the subject provides us the knowledge of how human resources are being taken of, for example, in a company. Here we study and learn the value of human resource in the industry. But it's not the mere experience of having knowledge about how the human resource operates or manages. It's how we apply these learnings to the actual side when we will be having our jobs in the future. study

We know that HRM deals more about PEOPLE - as the essentials or the workforce of the company. Thus, included here is how to deal with manpower, its various roles and functions, how to maintain and develop it, etc. In the near future we would be dealing with our own boss(es) and colleagues. For sure what we have learned basically about this subject will equip us with information on how to be: a 'good player' in the field of work where we may be assigned, on how to maintain harmonious relationship esp. between the boss (superior) and employee/s. This matters to us, students for we will be dealing with our own employers and co-employees when we get to our jobs. lol! lol! lol!

Pls do visit my blog, http://www.charmainespeaksup.blogspot.com
and drop your comments there... sunny
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanessamay caneda

PostSubject: IT in relation with Human Resource Management..   Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 pm

bounce Human Resource Management plays a major role in an organization in terms of managing and building people's capabilities in a highly fulfilling manner.

As the semester started, I was quite strucked about having a Human Resource Management subject since we are not belong to BSBA or any business related course. Why is that so?
For me HRM is included as a part of our curriculum for a reason that the subject impart us knowledge on how to deal with other people especially when we are hired in a certain company in the future. Being a part of a business organization in the future requires good relationship with other people in the workplace. That is why we have to learn and value HRM not just because we need to study it but also to bear in our minds that we can apply these learnings when we will have our job in the future. Likewise, it will mold us to become more responsible person equip with knowledge on how to be a good worker of a certain organization thus building a pleasant relationship with different people not only to those IT people. bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate karen rasonable

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Human Resource Management is included in the BSIT/BSCS curriculum because it has to do with "us" being a part of the Human Resources later on as we would have our own jobs. This subject deals not only with management but with people in an organization in particular and in this matter, we need to learn about how things are done there because later on, we would be a part of it. We ought to know what would be our rights, values, privileges, how are supposed to be treated and paid. And this subject would really enlighten our minds about aspects. Bby taking this subject, we are now bound with such knowledge which would help us in the near future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookywoolybullyblogspot.com
angel mae brua

PostSubject: ..whAts the ConnectiOn?..   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:59 pm

IT defines as software and hardware and peopleware, HRM defines as managing HUMAN RESOURCES. In such case they are similar to a certain review, PEOPLE.

Hmmmm,infact its really an amusement to me why does an HRM is part of our curriculum. That IT/CS is just only doing some software and applying software to a certain organization. Even our HR manager in the company were conducting asked us why do we have to study HRM and how come it is related in our course.

On the other hand,after the first gospel*(reporter) have discussed about the overview of HR,thats the only time it clearly stated the relationship about our course in HRM.

HRM relates in IT because it simply means they deal with people. They must understand the impact of people in a certain organization. At the same time,right after graduation,we first face an HR manager. He/she conducts the interview and some other prospect on applying a job. As also implies some factors and knowledge of how to become a good employee,their benifits and rights. At the same time, what would bring us to become a good professionals, soon. That ofcourse, we are part of the human resources they're being taken good care of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gelaneam.blogspot.com
febe mae florentino

PostSubject: Assignment No. 5   Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:15 pm

In my own understanding, the subject Human Resource Management is included in the BSIT/BSCS curicculum for us BSIT/BSCS students know how a

specific company look for employees in a specific job in the right time. Since we are BSIT/BSCS students, we are ought to know how this HRM

works in an organization since we are the most important employees inside a company. Why I say so???Because we have the knowledge and we can

be responsible to make the company rise(successful) and make it fall(failed).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efasde

PostSubject: assignment #5   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:55 am

hmmm.... Wink Wink Wink

Human resource management (HRM) is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business.

In the future, we will be part of these "most valued assets" in an organization and as early as now we need to learn, understand, and have a full grasp on the role of HRM in any organization that soon we will be part of (just a guess...). In order for us to be competitive and fully equip to survive in facing the world tomorrow. It would also help us to develop more our personality and to widen our knowledge in the complicated things in the future that we are now trying to be prepare of. It is perhaps a glimpse to us on what they says "reality" which will definitely we will enter soon.....

Soon, we will be one of those "people" because, we have the necessary information that a company needs.

bounce bounce bounce

=_efasde_=
Smile<comment pud..... ha?!>Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ailaine adaptar

PostSubject: HRM in BSCS/BSIT curriculum?   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:26 am

bounce The course subject, Human Resources Management, allows us to understand the hiring process of most major companies, and how to market ourselves in the future.

bounce Also, hether we like it or not, once we enter a certain industry in the future, we are also entering the scope of its Human Resource Management Department. Thus, we are the subject of its administration.

bounce Furthermore,an aspiring leader cheers should have enough background about this HRM considering that proper management of human resources keeps employees performing at optimal levels gives the company a competitive advantage.

bounce Also, an aspiring employee study should be aware enough about HRM to be able to practice his rights and duties as the major factor of the industry’s advancement.

lol! Therefore, the HRM curriculum is really a need in our courses. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.adaptarailaine.blogspot.com/
felix sumalinog jr

PostSubject: Assignment #5   Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Human Resource Management in BSCS/BSIT Curriculum

For me, BSCS/BSIT is a business course. After graduating from any of these courses, graduates can put up their own business on Information Technology like computer electronics and web site design and database management company. Like all fields, business is a broad field and it is appropriate that HRM is included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum. Hiring the most qualified employees and placing them in IT jobs for which they are best suited is critical to the success of IT businesses.

HRM is also included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum because as a future IT professional I have a huge possibility that I’ll get connect in the world of personnel management. Also, this subject is a window for me to read books, to scan news articles and, to browse on the internet about the rights and benefits of workers as myself, a future worker. As a student of science, I need to understand human resource management as a practical and theoretical science.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, people who have studied this field, human resource management, often work in large corporations as top human resources executives, usually creating or applying personnel programs or policies. ♠♣♥♦

Last edited by felix sumalinog jr on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jovylin Sandoval

PostSubject: human resource management   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 am

Wink Human Resource Management is a management strategy emphasizing the individual employee as against collective relations between management and labor. It's aim is to promote cooperative relations between management and employees and to avoid the often adversarial behavior associated with industrial relations. Where HRM is successful, the employees will be committed to the long-term future of their organization and this ,in turn, will help the organization adapt to competitive pressures.

For me, HRM is included in the curriculum of BSIT/BSCS, it's because for us to know what it is all about and all the things that they do in human resource. Because I know someday we will gonna work with it even though they said that mostly of its employees are should be a psychologists or an accountants. But we are all know that today's any corporate world human resource now enjoys on the more effective and efficient new technologies that are now introduced on a regular basis of HR to make things simpler and more modernized. And this is the (HRIS) Human Resource Information System that's why we as an IT professionals are now excel in HR because we are the one will work on with that, esp. in terms of the applications in software like data base system.

By the way, Human Resource Information System is an integrated system that designed to help provide information used in HR decision making such as administration, payroll, recruiting, training and performance analysis.

On the other hand, as what Sir Gamboa said, we as an IT professionals are the endangered but the rare professionals. It's peculiar but it's true and amazing instead.hehe...! Laughing .... We are the one can make the company more develop in streamlining of the business process that's why we have the important role in HR.

flower I just hope someday I will be a part of it and work with the successful company... bounce
It's not bad to dream big, so Dream Big Kapamilya! hehe..... lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://juvz-14.sosblog.com
Alyssa Rae Soriano

PostSubject: HRM & IT..   Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Reasons why BSIT have HRM as a part of the curriculum:

bounce hMMm.am not really sure bOut this but for me since that we BSIT students are more on peopleware rather than the CS students. And since that we deal on people, we must learn how to deal with different people especially that we are going to mingle with them someday.

bounce With this subject, we know how an organization runs and looks like, in particular to a Human Resource Department.

bounce And maybe, on nearby future, we already know how to deal with our boss.
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanya Clarissa G. Amancio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Laughing According to Wikipidea Human resource management (HRM) is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business.

cyclops HRM is included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum because we need to understand the importance of it to meet strategic goals by attracting, and maintaining the employees and also to manage them effectively.

cyclops Soon, we will graduate (hoping.. Razz ) and we will be a part of the scope of HRM. We need to know how HRM flows so that we will be aware on our actions and also they can help you to develop your characteristics as an competitive employee. lol!

cyclops As an aspiring employee of a company, HRM was involved in undergoing a training and orientation so that they will know your ability as an employee in the company. They also deals in hiring and firing.

Laughing A BSIT students can make a program (database systems) which can helps the HR in collecting datas.

That's all.. Surprised Surprised
Comment on..

lol! lol! http://myblogreact.blogspot.com[/justify] lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerusalem M. Alvaira

PostSubject: Assignment 5   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Idea In my own understanding, the subject Human Resource Management is included in the BSIT and BSCS curriculum in order for students to have knowledge of what Human Resource Management is. Moreover, if they will be managing a company’s workforce, they will already know what do to and how to deal with situations that could damage the company or the employee’s image.

Idea Lastly, with the students’ knowledge in human resource management, they will be able to create softwares that does not only make the company’s or employees’ records more manageable and to secure their records. They also create programs that will increase convenience and employees’ work efficiency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jerusalemalvaira.blogspot.com/
jeanette_japitan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Why do you think Human Resource Management is included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum Question

study According to the web, Human Resource Management (HRM) is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business. The terms "human resource management" and "human resources" (HR) have largely replaced the term "personnel management" as a description of the processes involved in managing people in organizations. Exclamation

Idea For me, Human Resource Management is included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum because through this subject we will be able to recognize the importanc eof human resource in every company. As we all know human resource is dealing with other people and as mention above it is the most valued assets of company. Moreover, it helps us to gain more knowledge on what are the funtions or roles of human resource on a particular company and what will be our role. benefits and responsibilities as employee to such company someday. Exclamation

Probably, few years from now if we are in the working environment it will not be very difficult for us to face the problems that we will encountering and how are we going to solve it.
Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolorosa G. Mancera

Location : Door 2 Bermejo Apartment, MAgallanes St. Davao City

PostSubject: assignment 5   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Human resource management is concerned with the development of both individuals and the organization in which they operate. HRM, then, is engaged not only in securing and developing the talents of individual workers, but also in implementing programs that enhance communication and cooperation between those individual workers in order to nurture organizational development.

Many of us are wondering why human resource management is included in our curriculum and why we should study this subject even though we are a computer based students.

Well, actually even I, as an IT student, was also wondering why. But after the few weeks of discussion about what a human resource is, I can definitely say that every student not only for BSIT and BSCS but all the courses must have this kind of subject. Why? Simply because we student would be dealing with our industry in the near future. We would be working with different companies so we need to be aware of what human resource is in a company and our role being part of an organization. The HRM subject helps us know how to deal with other people, distinguish our rights, responsibilities and duties being an employee someday and help as realize that we should not be intellectually giant and emotionally elf but become an effective IT professionals and stand-out employees. That is why we need to be taught for us to apply if we will be dealing with the real world of industry.

lol! study study study study study lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: HRM is included in our course   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Last last tuesday, our teacher asked us why is Human Resource Management included in our course. I also wonder why is it included.

For me, I think it is included in our course so that we will also have knowledge in managing Human Resource in a department and to know how important Human Resource is in a company.

Because we have knowledge about new technologies, we may be the important person in the company because the status of the company is in our hands. And because maybe, new technologies will arise in the next few years, the subject HRM is included in our course so that we could understand the importance of manpower in a company even though there are many big machines now in companies.

Also, for me, maybe it is included in our course because if we could have knowledge in HRM, then we could use our knowledge in managing files in a database because that's what they are using in most companies nowadays. They keep and manage files of their employees in a database. So maybe it is also one of the reason why it is included in our course.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marren Joy Pequiro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:05 pm

Why does HRM is included in BSIT/BSCS curriculum?

Human Resource Management (HRM) is the function within an organization that focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the organization. Human Resource Management is the organizational function that deals with issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.

source:
http://humanresources.about.com/od/glossaryh/f/hr_management.html

Well the question really puzzled us when Sir Gamboa asked. For me Human Resource Management was really essential to our course because basically it was included in our curriculum rather than other subjects right? I guess having a knowledge about Human Resource Management is a great advantage on job-seeking someday. One example is the profit you can have if you chose to apply on a certain company. You have all the choice to compare two company's, which is more good in terms of benefits or compensation you could have. And they say, it is better for a company to have a non-monetary profit instead of a monetary. Also all of the right an employee have includes Human Resource Management. It is relevant indeed because it let us know earlier our value as a Human Resource. That's why no one could underestimate or deceit you for in Human Resource Management, the rights and the welfare of the people is the main concern. As Sir Gamboa said, someday BSIT/BSCS will going to be the heart of the industry. Without us the industry could not process well. We could use all these knowledge to improve and develop our potentials to become the biggest asset to the industry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jealou azucena

PostSubject: assignment #5   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:15 pm

why do you think HRM is included in the BSIT/BSCS curriculum?

...for me human resource management is included in our curriculum because
it is relevant to our course.
why relevant?...
...because in the real world (or should i say outside school) we will be
dealing with people. Through learning what is HRM we will have at least
a general picture or idea of what is there when "we" also become a human
resource of an organization.

Having HRM in our curriculum also makes us appreciate the importance
of manpower in the progress or downfall of an organization.

Since college serves as a training ground for students, it is only appropriate
to include HRM in the BSIT/BSCS curriculum or even to other courses
the university offers.

JEALOU L. AZUCENA BSIT-3 lol!
"I never let my studies interfere with my education."

Like a Star @ heaven ...pls comment...imperio... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ida Karla Duguran

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:49 am

Technology has truly revolutionized the business world, driving the need for competent information technology professionals. Talking about businesses, Human Resource Management is always involved. HRM as what I learned involved administrative tasks such as handling employees’ benefits, needs, professional development , inquiries/ questions, recruitment , assessment, , and even deployment and hiring new staff, ensuring that organizational policies and procedures are established and followed in compliance with relevant employment laws. Thus, HRM is more focused on records and especially on information which let the BSIT/BSCS include it in the curriculum.

In addition, ”an intersection between human resource management (HRM) and information technology merges HRM as a discipline and in particular its basic HR activities, and processes the information technology field, whereby programming of data processing systems evolved and turned into standardized routines and packages of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. On the whole, these ERP systems have their origin on software that integrates information from different applications into one universal database
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HRMS).”
Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
athina_alorro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:45 am

Idea ASSIGNMENT #5
I'll just summarize my ideas on three points:

1. Reality-check..
As early as now, this subject has been really interesting for me
because it exposed me to the industry from which
I hopefully (if God's will) soon enter.
I got a glimpse of how people are managed and interact
within the job environment..How they are hired, their rights and responsiblities ,unions,etc.
Basically, I think this subject will somehow give us the opportunity to learn
and catch a glimpse on how employees are valued
and treated in a company
which I believe is a practical learning experience
that we can use after we graduate.

2. Stress the importance of people in an organization.
PEOPLE-it is the most important factor in an organization.
Without it, organizations will not exist.
I believe (and I hope I'm right) that this subject will delve deeper
on the importance of role of the people as the workforce
and as a very essential part of a company/organization/institution.

And....THAT People-- someday ..may include us..

3. To be well aware of our rights and responsibilities as employees.
as IT and CS pips..
"Its either we make the company or we break it.."
-an inspiring thought from sir G.
If that's not a big responsibility,then I don't know what it is.

I believe that part of HRM is to teach us to be responsible but
at the same time aware of our rights as employees when we are in a company.
I also believe that Knowing your rights as an employee is as important
as Knowing your responsibilities and expectations that you owe to the company..
that's why HRM is essential to our course.
It will give us a preview on what we should expect and what is
expected from us as employees as a part of a certain company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.athina09.blogspot.com
Josephine Paspe

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:57 am

Very Happy Why is HRM included in bsCS and bsIT curriculum?

HrM iS InCluDed iN 0uR cuRrIcuLum sImpLe bEcAuSe wE cAn maKe pRogrAmS ( "PAGXUR?" )
f0r c0mpAnIeS t0 iMpRove aNd coMpEte thEy sh0Uld lEsSen dOiNg ManUaL dAta. ( "KUYAWA NOH!" )
aNd tO dO tHat tHey nEed pRogRaMmers lIkE mE... ( lolzz ) lol!
anD ofCouRse foR uS sTudeNts tO kNow tHiNgs oUtSide oUr UnIvErSity, ScHoOl, hOme
aNd tO kNoW h0w dIfficulT thE rEaliTy cAn bE, iS wEn weRe oN oUr oWn OUT THERE! ( "MELON" )

SOURCE: Paspe, Josephine Isabelle Therese B. ( "cuTe m0 tLaGa, kW nA giD" )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shyenim.blogspot.com/
Rosemie Nunez

PostSubject: Why do you think HRM is included in the BSCS/BSIT curriculum?   Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:14 am

___HRM is management of people or humans and its resources. The courses BSIT and BSCS provide the needs of the people, enhancing things to ease the work of the people.
___HRM is included in the BSCS/BSIT curriculum because it enhances our skills and knowledge useful for developing and operating a business. In our school, the BSIT included HRM in the curriculum while the BSCS did not. That made me think that maybe BSCS don't have HRM subject because IT is more on peopleware, it deals more with people while CS deals more with computers. But that's only in our school; maybe in other schools they included HRM in the curriculum of BSIT, BSCS, and other related courses.
___Today's generation always rely on high technologies that are manage by professionals and soon by us. Having a HRM subject helps a lot to make us a good boss someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jethro Querubin

PostSubject: HRM included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum   Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 am

Human Resource Management is included in BSCS/BSIT curriculum because this subject deals with people. It helps a person be responsible in certain company.

In connection with the courses, we also deal with people. It is a very important subject for CS and IT because we manage people and considering the fact that people are a very important factor of a certain industry. Not long from now, we will be a part of business organizations, this would help us prepare ourselves in working environment in the future.

HRM will also help us connect ourselves one from the other as one body in a company. It will open us to valuing work and people as a very important resources of a company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatima Paclibar

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:40 am

I've been asking myself "Why we have Human Resource Management in our curriculum and what is it all about?" As an Information Technology student we'll be dealing greatly on computers doing some programs and etc. But our world does not end there, we're living in a world which is now being describe as "flat".

So the question "What is the relation of having HRM in connection to a computer related courses". Well to start let me define first what is Human Resource Management. It is based on ideas and techniques developed to enhance worker motivation, productivity and performance. We are the most valued asset in an industry. I've learned from our adopted company which is NEDA, National Economic and Development Authority in one of our visit that in is very important to maintain a healthy working environment where harmonious relationship betwen employer-employee and employee-employee, keeping everyone motivated in work and productive to be able to attain common goal - to prosper.

Knowing your rights, responsibilities, right values towards work and how to be a good employee or employer(why not) and how to apply it in the near future would be very challenging. All we're going to learn in this subject will indeed very useful and helpful in facing the real world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaymar melecio

PostSubject: Why do you think HRM is included in the BSCS/BSIT curriculum?   Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 am

We are already known that human resources have a big impact in a company thus it is the most essential and should be cared in a certain organization.

Human resource management (HRM) has something to do in managing an employee. To gain a competitive skill, an employer should treat their manpower as gold. They are the heart of business that can make your company commit a higher position in society but on the contrary, if it was not properly managed the company might be lost in a circle of business.

But as an information technology student, why HR should be part in my curriculum? During my first day in school this semester I really don't have an idea on what is the concept of this subject. It was merely a question to me why does HRM should be part of our scope of study in institute of computing. But as the day’s progresses and the class went on, I really appreciated the subject. I now understand on what is the role of managing human resources in our daily activities.

Being a part of our curriculum it helps me to motivate myself on how to deal or interact properly with my colleagues in the near future if I can grab a work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melgar John Gascal

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am

I think Human Resource Management (HRM) is included in the BSIT/BSCS curriculum because this is one of the most important for those graduates in BSIT or BSCS. In time that they will be employed in any company, this can help them a lot to stand for their rights and responsibilities as an employee. And if they will become HR head, like the HR head head of our adopted company, Callbox Inc., maybe they can handle and sustain the needs of their employees, particularly their emotional and psychological needs.

Last edited by Melgar John Gascal on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael george guanzon

PostSubject: assign. #5   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:19 am

Human Resource Management is included in the BSCS and BSIT curriculum because,

someday we will gona work it.We have this subject in order to teach us or for us to know what are the things

to learn or to do behind the Human Resource Management. Because, someday we will apply it, and of

course,since we are now using the new technologies, we as an BSCS and BSIT are already part of it. It is our

responsibility to make a company successful or fail.
Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jalil O. Paniambaan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 am

Human Resource Management is included in the BSIT curriculum for it is essential when they will be having a job. HRM(Human Resource Management) is essential for it helps in dealing with people in a certain workplace. No matter what job we do or where we are, we are most certainly dealing with people no matter what.

Through this said subject, we can mingle effectively and understand more about the people that we will be dealing with in the near future. And if that will happen, then there will be a harmonious relationship between us and the people that we will be working in the near future (hopefully when we graduate). ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michelle adlawan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 am

Human Resource Management is a procedure in managing the company's most valued asset – the people. Workforce is a need for a company to achieve its goals and the its people are the mostly contribute to the improvement and development in an industry.

I believe that HRM is added to the CS/IT curriculum because as a subject, by being a student it indeed helps us in understanding the responsibilities of an employee and gives us the information on how important the human resource is in a company. And as we get and have our jobs, we can use these learnings in order that we may do our job properly and accordingly.

As what Sir Randy said,”Techie-guys may make or break the company”, a quote which upheld my being as an IT student. I never thought how important techie-guys in a certain company that much. These termed “techie-guys” will get hold of all the information of the company and get access from it. And so it is said, they are the reason if either the company gets down or gets up.

Morover, learning HRM is tip from us to know our rights for us not to abuse and be abused by the higher people in the company we are in. Having HRM as our subject making us not just the “techie-guy” but also people who knows how to manage their jobs properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roy laurentino cuevas

PostSubject: ASSIGNMENT NO. 2   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:55 am

The meaning of HRM:
"Human resource management (HRM) is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_resource_management

For me, HRM is included in the BSIT/BSCS curriculum because it is kind of "the core" in a company. If there is no HRM, then will be chaos in a company. There will be no organization in the company employees, no organization in their salaries, benefits, insurances and other matters that the HRM is responsible of. As said in the definition above, it focuses on the people, who are the key to the achievement of the objectives of the business. And because after we graduate, we will part of those "people", it is our basic right to know what is in store for us in a company if we work there.

post your comments at
http://roycuevas.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah Jean Tisara

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:06 am

Why is Human Resource Management included in IT/CS curriculum?

In my own point of view, HRM was included because it is very necessary for us to broaden our knowledge on how to deal with people and to know deeply how human resource affects a company. Since Human resource is a significant factor in a company, people working on that company should know how to manage their relationship towards their co-worker. The subject HRM, will also help us prepare ourselves to face the real challenge after we graduate.

As what Mr. Gamboa said, "IT people will be the cause of company's progress or failure". From this statement, an idea sparked on my mind that as technology evolves, companies also goes up to a higher level that's why they need a computer expert or US IT people to run the company's system. But it is also up to us on how we manage our job, whether we make the company progressive or put the company down. That's why, this subject needs a deep understanding and analysis to have a clear idea why human resource is important.
clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jan Neil Gador

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:10 am

The Human Resources Management function includes a variety of activities, and key among them is deciding what staffing needs you have and whether to use independent contractors or hire employees to fill these needs, recruiting and training the best employees, ensuring they are high performers, dealing with performance issues, and ensuring your personnel and management practices conform to various regulations. Activities also include managing your approach to employee benefits and compensation, employee records and personnel policies.

I think that Human Resource Management is included in the IT/CS curriculum because as students who are aiming to be professionals, we should be aware of the personnel policies which conform to current regulations. We should also be aware of our benefits and rights as a personnel working in a corporation or a company. I think this is included because in the future we will be working in companies and human resource is a vital element for a company to survive. And in order to globally competitive IT professional we ought to have knowledge about Human Resource.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
john david de peralta

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:13 pm

hmmmmmmmmm? why do i think HRM is included to our curriculum?

for me, it is included so that we IT students will be aware of how a company is being managed. and young as we are we should know how to be under one's management, that we should how to submit to the one's ahead of us. so that we will know how to act as an employee. we should also know what is HRM's role in a company. so that we could participate in the company's procedure properly. and as early as now, we can think of several universal strategies in helping a company. we should be educated on how to become an effective resource in a company.

through this subject, we can widen our thoughts of how to become a good employee someday.
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://training.aydp.amigoas.com/johndaviddeperalta/
leah_ana_saavedra

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I think HRM or Human Resource Management is included in the BSIT/BSCS curriculum for us to be fully aware of our responsibilities and duties as we will become part of the HRM in the company we will work for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karl philip abregana

PostSubject: ASSIGNMENT 5   Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:43 pm

It must be included in the curriculum for us to understand our distinctive jobs, and we our responsible for success or failure of a company so we must learn what is HRM all about.

The HRM function and HRD profession have undergone tremendous change over the past 20-30 years. Many years ago, large organizations looked to the "Personnel Department," mostly to manage the paperwork around hiring and paying people. More recently, organizations consider the "HR Department" as playing a major role in staffing, training and helping to manage people so that people and the organization are performing at maximum capability in a highly fulfilling manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
March Dawn Eder

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:50 pm

bounce I think it is included in the curriculum for us not be ignorant of our rights and privileges as an employee in the near future.

bounce Also, if we will make systems for HR department or be hired in an HR Department we will have ideas or knowledge for we will able to understand more about the flow of the department.

bounce Another thing is we will able to know what will be our job description so we will able to know what really our job is and not to let us do some jobs not stated in our job description.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ymrebmomville

PostSubject: importance of hrm in IT/CS courses   Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:15 pm

In the broadest sense,our course (IT) refers to both the hardware and software
that are used to store, retrieve, and manipulate information. At the lowest level you
have the servers with an operating system. Installed on these servers are things like
database and web serving software. The servers are connected to each other and to
users via a network infrastructure. And the users accessing these servers have their
own hardware, operating system, and software tools.

Human Resource Management (HRM) is the function within an organization that
focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who
work in the organization. Human Resource Management can also be performed by line
managers.
Human Resource Management is the organizational function that deals with issues related
to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development,
safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.

http://humanresources.about.com/od/glossaryh/f/hr_management.htm

As IT professionals, we need to study HRM since as employees, we are part of the company's
human resources. To understand what is our duty and privileges, HRM is taught to us. We are
also tasked to make systems for the HR department and we should be able to understand it
fully to come up with a better system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosemie Nunez

PostSubject: "Human beings are the most important, potent and critical, resource of any organization, and yet the least understood and the worst managed of its resources"   Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 am

"Human beings are the most important, potent and critical, resource of any organization, and yet the least understood and the worst managed of its resources"

_____Among the living things in this world, humans have a highly developed brain. We are the most important because we have the ability to think, decide, manage, communicate, discover, and create. We lead and dominate the world, that’s why an organization cannot be an organization without people (who plan, manage, work, process, etc.).

_____We are the least understood because sometimes we believe on what we think is correct. Worst managed of its resources because we have our own points of view, decisions, and theories, each of us don’t want to be under the control of others.

_____Unlike computers and other high technologies today that absolutely follow every command when we manipulate them. That’s why corporations today use high technologies because it is fast, can satisfy us and so easy to manage.

VISIT: http://rosemiepn.blogspot.com/
AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS... THANKS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)   

Back to top Go down

Assignment 5 (Due: before July 11, 2008, 13:00hrs)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1