2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsgamboa
Admin

PostSubject: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Interview a personnel/human resource manager on his concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management. Do you agree with him? Explain. Is his concept similar to that of the management of his organization? If not, ask him how the differences are settled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rsg0927.forumsmotion.com
jade mijares

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:45 am

This assignment was hard to comply with because of the specification to interview someone. Time is a factor that we, the students, do not have in plenty specially during this final period, added to the fact that most of us procrastinate and put off things to do until the last minute. ^_^ But by the help of modern technology I was able to pull this one off. Finding a person to interview is hard and setting an appointment to interview the person is even harder. Thanks to the internet I was able to interview a friend of mine who works in PGA Cars, Inc. located in Manila. I e-mailed her and asked her questions concerning the topic. When she replied (thank God ^_^) I then e-mailed her follow-up questions and she answered those too. It would have been better if we talked using Yahoo Messenger or any messaging system for it would be faster and more inter-active but she was not always available.

According to her managing the human resource includes EMPLOYEE RELATIONS, making sure that the employee is not disgruntled with the company and that the relationship between the company and the employees are good. TRAINING and RECRUITMENT, upon entering the company the employee should undergo training on the work he is going to handle, furthermore, training during the course of his stay in the company is needed to further sharpen his skills. EVALUATIONS, the employees are evaluated in a regular basis to know if their efficiency is improving or not. Equivalent promotions or sanctions follow depending on the result of the evaluation. The evaluation also serves as a STUDY on the population, enable for the company to help improve conditions inside the company. Lastly, managing the human resource would mean giving to them what is their due. This would mean giving them what they have worked for, namely, their salaries and benefits and to give even beyond that. Giving incentives and bonuses are part of managing the human resource. According to her, the company’s views on the matter are the same with hers.

As for me, I also agree with her and in addition to that I would like to add that part of managing the human resource is making sure that work place is hazard free and it is not detrimental to the health of the employees. A place for recreation should be provided for the employees to help them relax and relieve stress due to their work. Furthermore, making sure that the employee’s work load is not overloaded is part of maintaining the human resource. If additional personnel are needed to help ease the load of employees then recruiting additional personnel should be done. In cases where recruitment is not possible, compensations should be given to the overloaded employee. Maintenance of the human resource is not only done within the confines of the company. If ever an employee has been sick for quite a while, it is the duty of the company to follow him up. If this would mean visiting him at home and making sure that everything is alright then it should be done. Lastly, helping the employee during hard times is a good sign that the company really invests and takes good care of its employees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ida Karla Duguran

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:45 pm

I consider this assignment as a tough one for my social skill and human relations are tried. This is one thing that I should overcome... I should learn how to conquer part of my fears... and this is one of those. I always tell myself now... that I should cross the bridge when I get there.... or else... I may get drowned and eventually fail... dreams ruined!

Thanks to my teacher that because of this assignment, I finally decided to find and approach someone in position - in line of this study. And thanks to Mr. X, whose request to have his name withheld is hereby respected.

The following are his statements on his concept on the nature, scope and role of Human Resource Management.

Moreover, I also agree with him that his concept is similar to that of his company the way he related it to me. He was such a nice man who deserves respect for he was able to help me feel at ease during our session. He is really a Human Resource Officer!
He said.... "Well, to be in this job is really tough but challenging! I worry not because I am guided by the experiences and principles of Human Resource Management which I do uphold up to this time... Let me quote therefore Edward Gubman in the Journal of Business Strategy. According to him, "the basic mission of human resources will always be to acquire, develop and retain talent, align the workforce with the business and be an excellent contributor to the business."

Basically, human resources responsibilities are generally divided into three major areas of management, namely: staffing and job analysis, employee compensation and benefits, and defining/ designing work.
It is always considered that human resources are the most important assets of an organization be it big or small. I also believe that it is the responsibility of the Human Resource officer to find, secure, guide, and develop employees whose talents and desires are compatible with the operating needs and goals of the company, organization or business.

Moreso, as I manage individuals, I help them identify their strengths and weaknesses, correct shortcomings and make their best contribution to the company. I also assess employee's job performance done through a variety of activities such as performance reviews, trainings and testings, career development/career paths. In addition, I also give feedback about the positive and negative aspects of such performance for those are the primary basis in determining salary increase, promotions, rewards, and dismissal to workers who perform unsatisfactorily but of course, In due process.

I also believe that "human resource professionals should be aware of the fundamentals of learning and motivation and must carefully design and monitor training and development programs that benefit the overall organization as well as the individual."
study Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyssa Rae Soriano

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 pm

bounce interview with a personnel..ü bounce

I interviewed a Human Resource Personnel yesterday, September 24,2008.ü Though, its not really a fOrmal interview since that the respondent was just our neighbor..hehe.. Very Happy The interview just lasted for a couple of minutes..ü..a very swift interview..ü

I asked her about the nature, scope and role of human resource management. She gave me two main nature/role of a hr management..ü..First was, the office first decides what staffing needs they have, in order for them to know if they'll use independent contractors or hire employees to fill their needs. Second, the hr manager must know how to manage his/her approach to employee's benefits and compensation, handle employee records and personnel policies..ü..She then also gave me some of the scope or even the main function of a hr management, and that is to ensure the recruitment, selection, training and development of their staff necessary for the efficient and effective management of the organization..ü

She told me that what she mentioned above are similar of the concept of their organization..ü..I, then agree on her points of view..ü.Base on our interviews on our adopted company, HR management is their tO support, and enhance every employee on their company..ü..It is very necessary for them to do such thing in order fOr the development and proficiency of their employees..ü.As what I learned during our lectures,
"Dapat jud alagaan ang mga empleyado para ganahan pud manrabaho..ü..dba? " Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marren Joy Pequiro

PostSubject: ..this is it!..   Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 pm

..My aMbusH interview..

Well according to my other classmates, this is such a tough assigment because we have to conduct an interview to answer the question. But' I don't want to brag, I'm already used to it, thanks to our past activities which includes on facing people and interacting with them..hehe

Anyway, I just had an interview to a personnel this morning. I asked him directly the question given to us on what is his concept on the nature, scope and role of HRM. And he answered it generalizing the whole concept of Human Resource Management. He said," HRM is responsible for managing employees. The one who keeps and maintain the personal records of the employees. Facilitates on hiring new and skillful employees for the manpower of their company.
He also said that, " HRM handles the giving of salary and compensation. Involved on the benefits provided by institutions such as GSIS, SSS and etc."
He also added that, " today it should not be called HRM because as one of the responsibility of HRM: to develop and enhance the skills and efficiency of their people, it should Likely be called as Human Resource Management and Development. This simply shows that HRMD is responsible for conducting trainings and seminars for employee's development."

After that question, I've thrown him a follow up question is his concept similar to that of the management of his organization. According to him, " Yes!, because HRM shoould be the one responsible for all the things that help their employee on whatever aspect that he encountered.

I've really agree with him because as what I have learned in our past discussions, Human resource management is responsible for how people are treated in organizations. It is responsible for bringing people into the organization, helping them perform their work and compensating them for their labors.

I've like to thank my interviewee because he had given me new ideas about HRM. Because honestly, I still have to used my convincing powers. And after it, at last he allowed me conduct the interview..heheü
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaymar melecio

PostSubject: assignment8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 am

Ms. Andrea Jamadin, the human resource manager of Callbox Incorporated tells the following: Nature, Scope and Role of Human Resource Management. According to her Human Resource Management is about the decisions, strategies, factors, principles, operations, practices, functions, activities and methods related to the management of people as employees in their company. She also said that it is all about the dimensions related to people in their employment relationships, that aimed at adding value to the delivery of goods and services, as well as to the quality of work life for employees.

As I scan our first interview with Ms. Jamadin she enumerated the main function of a HR management, which is to ensure the recruitment, selection, training and development of their staff necessary for the efficient and effective management of their company. On their company they should have the best employee which is the basic does their company must have. She added that workforce doesn't really mean labour poll in employment but rather they also conduct a team building every year for them to get acquainted with his or her colleague. Employee compensation and benefits is the most important thing that the company must have. From loans to their security.

In an organization we can’t deny the fact that some of the employee's demand for a certain thing, but the people who are at the highest positions fail to understand their needs. Employers don’t mind the situation that the employees facing at a certain time most of them tend to mind other resources.

I really agree about her discussion that Human Resource Management is the one who's responsible in every needs of their employees. Managing ones employee does not end after acquiring that person in your company but rather you monitoring all the needs of their manpower for the benefit of the company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: HR interview   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:30 am

We are asked to conduct an interview in a certain human resource manager and ask him on his/her concept of the nature, scope and role of human resource management. Our group decided to approach Mr. Carlito S. Llano, the human resource manager of LYR Marketing. Mr. Carlito S. Llano had been a human resource manager for how many years and had lot of experience in dealing with different kinds of people. He can testify based on experienced how important human resource management is in an organization.

According to him, Human Resource Management is the organizational function that deals with issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.. Its aim is to promote cooperative relations between management and employees and to avoid the often-adversarial behavior associated with industrial relations. The Human Resources function provides significant support and advice to line management. The attraction, preservation and development of high caliber people are a source of competitive advantage for our business, and are the responsibility of HR. For this reason, it is been said that Human Resource Management plays a very vital role in a certain organization. According to him, human resource management is the heart of an organization. Human resource management is in the process of change with regard to the nature of the role performed. In the past many functions were performed by HRM professionals themselves, the role they are taking on, is one of consultant to line management, where line managers perform many of the functions traditionally handled by HRM professionals. Human resources play important roles in businesses of all sizes.

As what I had noticed and observe, I think I had to agree with him, human resource management is very critical in an organization and in fact, an organization cannot really stand without the presence of human resource management. Before a certain company is establish, the owner with the stockholders had already planned and designed the company including the human resource. One cannot imagine a company without a human resource just like you cannot imagine seeing a living man without a heart. Yes, that was the exact words of the HR manager we had interviewed. Human resource is the heart of an organization, it gives life to the organization, without it, the company cannot really live. Why is that so? Very simple, it is because human resource deals with the people, took good care of the people who are working for the company: the people who is the main strength and resource of a company, the people who made the company.

His concept is similar to that of the management of his organization in a way that they really value their employees and the human resource department takes good care of its people. They make sure that their employees are in good health and condition. They had personal communication and they organize activities that help their employees know each other better. They acknowledge the right of their employees and value them as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanessamay caneda

PostSubject: An interview with an HR manager..   Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 am

bounce The importance of human resource management has increased over the years as organization leaders recognize the significance of effectively managing their human resources to obtain and maintain organizational effectiveness and competitive advantage. Today’s organizations are in the midst of continuing changes in the environment: the intense competition, globalization, and technological revolution. Building a competent workforce is becoming critical and because of this, HR practitioners are expected to be knowledgeable, innovative, and resourceful. They have to understand their organization’s mission, goals, objectives, and business, and be knowledgeable about effective HR management strategies, changing legislation and demographic realities.

As what I’ve learned from our interview to Mr. Carlito S. Llano, HR manager of LYR Marketing about his concept of the nature, scope and role of Human Resource Management- he said that it simply deals with planning and organizing for work, people acquisition and development, compensation and benefits and the administration of policies and practices. He said that having these roles would help building a unified and effective organization. Each task are done in an organize way. With that, the organization needs to know the competency and skill levels of its workforce. According to him, human resource is the heart of the organization. Organization cannot stand alone without human resource. Organizations that are not staffed with right talent will have great difficulty implementing new strategies and organizational changes. He also said that the organization needs specific attributes and talents to effectively execute strategic initiatives. It is therefore important for HR to assess whether or not its workforce has the required competencies, attributes and expertise. He also stated all his duties as a HR manager. He plays variety of roles. Some of the roles he said includes being an employee advocate, facilitator, strategist, consultant, coach, problem-solver, terminator and business partner.

I certainly agree on what he said. An organization will surely achieve all their goals if workers and practitioners will work hand on hand. The role he played will depend on the organization’s priorities. When an organization has to undergo change, HR professionals can be a significant player in diagnosing the need for change, developing and implementing an effective employee communication plan and conducting management development programs. Whatever the size of the organization, they have to manage employees since they are important assets for organizational success, the heart of the organization. These employees have to be trained, developed, and equip with competence and ability to contribute to the organization’s aim.

His concept is similar to that management of his organization because he really see to it that all his employees are in good condition equip with knowledge that will help the organization's success. He make sure that all his employees will receive the required benefits when it comes to work performance. He maintain a good communication with his employees so that they will build a good relationship that will make their company achieve their certain goals as well.
bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate karen rasonable

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:28 am

Me and my group mates have decided to interview Mr. Carlito S. Llano, the Human Resource Manager of our adopted company which is the LYR Marketing since we certainly know that he could share to us a lot of information and his knowledge regarding human resource management. He is in the business for many years now and has been a professor that's why we know that everything he would share to us would be according to what he learned and experienced.

Summing up all of the things he shared to us from the time we first interviewed him up to the time we asked him things merely on what are the human resource manager's role, scope and nature are, I may say that human resource management includes the processes and practical techniques involved in managing people(workforce) in an organization. These normally refer to the relationship between management and workers and the behavior of workers in companies.

According to what I understood from the things Mr. Llano had shared to us, human resource management has two main goals. First of which is to effectively make use of the talents and abilities of employees which are related to the implementation of strategies directed towards creating and sustaining competitive advantage. And second is to enable employees to agree about the objectives and nature of their working environment and ensure them with their compensation and benefits he or she would receive for them to successfully accomplish their assignments.

Among the roles of a HR manager comprises planning and organizing for work and people, people acquisition and development, and administration of policies, programs and practices. Disciplinary procedures as well as procedures for recognizing employee for exemplary work also fall under the responsibilities of a human resource manager.

His concept is similar to that of his organization in which they give great value and importance to their greatest asset- their employees. They are willing to give and are bound to give more for their employees for they are the ones who had shared their talents and knowledge for the company. I agree with these concepts in that the main concerns are for the people who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of an organization. The benefits and compensations they acquire from being a member of the workforce gives them a being of usefulness, self-confidence, and respect from fellow their fellow citizens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookywoolybullyblogspot.com
Rosemie Nunez

PostSubject: Interview a personnel/human resource manager on his concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management   Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:34 am

Yesterday evening, I interviewed a personnel working at Davao Security and Investigation Agency. This person told me that human resource management is like the Central Processing Unit (CPU) of a company. All the files of the employee were properly managed and kept, like the file 201. Human resource management knows most of all the files of the company like payroll, hiring,appointments, memorandums, benefits, salary increase, etc.

Later on he told me that their company is different from other companies, in their company the HR is under the administration not like in the companies that have another department as HR. In their company the executive secretary is directly connected to the president. the executive secretary holds the files like memorandums, hiring, appointments and other documents.

It made me compare their company to our adopted company.....

Actually when we visited our company two months ago there was a short discussion about the nature, scope and role of the human resource management.The HRD of our company is a separate department. Since our company was the City Government its scope is within the city government, its nature and role is to take care the people within its scope. It include Personnel Selection and Transaction like recruitment, placement and selection. The Personnel Planning and Management like incentives and rewards, promotion, training and development, personnel actions and administrative sanctions. Human Resource Development which include training and scholarship grants.

But then, I agree with him. Even though their HR in the company is different from others, the same service they give to each employee. Different implementation but the same benefits in the end.

VISIT MY BLOG: http://rosemiepn.blogspot.com/

TNX

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melgar John Gascal

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:11 am

I interviewed the human resource manager of the Susana Farm, Mr. Joseph Flores about his concept on the nature, scope and role of the human resource management. His concept in this matter is that managing its people of the organization to be competent in its business but not only managing its resource to have a profitable business but also to take good care of its resource.

I agree on what he stated about handling its resources. Making the business successful and making a good relationship between the company and its employee. Giving benefits to its employee is one way of having a good relationship of both parties.

Susana Farm is a piggery business. The company gives a discounted, or I just say a lesser price than in the market, meat twice per month on every employee. Both of my parents are employees of this farm, so I’ll also avail with this benefit given by the company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
athina_alorro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:14 am

Yesterday, our group went to the HRDD of Usep to interview Mam Marivic Dumaran, the HRDD head.

When we asked her about her concept about the nature of HRM, she didn't quite understand on what we mean by "nature" of HRM and then told us to research it ourselves. [great.] in short, no comment.

When we asked her about the scope of HRM, she told us "..From the lowest rank of employee up to the top rank employee."
..I followed up by asking "..even the president or CEO of an organization?"
she said, "Yes, alangan naman ang well developed lang kay ang mga lower rank employees tapos ang president dili.."

I think what she is trying to say is that HRM covers all level of employees..
and developing the employees is one of the main objectives of the HRM.
I agree with her concept because in terms of scope, even the President himself is a human resource in the institution and should be subject for development for the benefit of the whole institution.

When we asked her about the role of HRM in an organization...
She said "..It is responsible for the hiring human resource that fits on the job's duties and function.."

I agree with her that HRM is reponsible in hiring the right employee for the right job so that the employee can reach his/her highest potential.

I think that her concept about the development of the employees is in line with the institution because the school is not only for the development of the students alone but for the faculty and staff also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.athina09.blogspot.com
Hannah Rhea Hernandez

PostSubject: nAtuRe, scope and role of HRM   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:49 am

When I was told that we were required to interview a personnel/human resource manager, the first person that came to my mind was Mr.Carlito S. Llano, the HRM manager of LYR Marketing. Even though we haven't scheduled an interview for that day, actually it was more of an ambush interview, he was kind enough to accommodate us. Mr. Llano is an accomplished HR manager and instructor so he always welcome students who would like to learn about the craft that he loves the most.

For him, the role of human resource management deals with issues like compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training of the people employed in the company. According to Mr.Llano, the HR manager has provides significant support and advice to line management or the administration. HRM is concerned with all the decisions, strategies, factors, principles, operations, practices, functions, activities and methods related to the management of people as employees in any type of organization.

As what I have understood from Mr.Llano the nature of human resource management is to effectively make use of the talents and abilities of employees to achieve the operational objectives that are the ultimate aim of the organization. The role of HRM is to ensure that the individual employee is satisfied with both the working environment and the compensation and benefits that he or she receives. Yet, the human resource management doesn't have any power to tell off or suspend an employee that isn't in their own office.

From our recent company visits and observations, I can say that LYR Marketing's HRM functions in the manner that Mr.Llano have described. The company really takes care of their employees and they even give their employees a chance to be a stockholder. Its a bit rare for a company to make their employees to be stockholders and from that point of view alone, you can say that they value their people a lot.
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.woophie.blogspot.com
angel mae brua

PostSubject: ...nature....   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:03 am

Me and my group interviewed our adopted HR manager in our adopted company. He discussed about the nature of human resource management. He said that the human resource management is concerned with all the all the decisions, strategies, factors, principles, operations, practices, functions, activities and methods related to the management of people as employees in any type of organization, all the dimensions related to people in their employment relationships, and all the dynamics that flow from it , all aimed at adding value to the delivery of goods and services, as well as to the quality of work life for employees, and hence helping to ensure continuous organizational success in transformative environments. He also discussed about the scope and role of human resource management. He said that the scope of human resource management include the transformation and development issues, tentative generic skills required in performing HRM roles, as well as the roe of human resource management practitioner. He also tackled about the transformation and development issues. The issues behind it are the ff:

-Knowledge management which entails accumulating & capturing
-Knowledge in large organisations for future application & use (organisation memory)
-Reconciliation management
-Work creation as opposed to job creation
-Manage the transfer of HRM functions and skills to line management
-Marketing of HRM to line management
-Development of contextual approaches to HRM
-Multi-skilling and /or multi-tasking
-Increased societal responsibility
-Managing people in virtual work environments
-Focus on deliverables rather than doables
-Develop additional means of assessing HRM
-Appreciation and assessment of intellectual capital
-Take HRM from a business partner to a business itself / Managing HRM as a business unit
-Adviser / consultant to line management

He also discussed about the roles of human resource management are group into four with their subtopics. First is PLANNING AND ORGANISING FOR WORK, PEOPLE AND HRM with sub-work of Strategic perspective, Organisation design, Change management, Corporate Wellness management. Next is the PEOPLE ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT. This includes Staffing the organization, Training & development, Career Management, Performance Management, and Industrial relations. Followed by ADMINISTRATION OF POLICIES , PROGRAMMES & PRACTICES which includes Compensation management, Information management, Administrative management, and Financial management

As what I observed in what he is doing, I can say that everything he said is true and I agree with it. During our visit before, we encountered observing him doing some interviews and making questionnaire for the examination for the applicants. Being an HR manager, he/she must be affective for managing human resource. He/she is obliged to do his work properly for human resource or the people inside his company. And according to him also, he haven't gone any problems with the management of the organization since they were able to build the same principles about HRM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gelaneam.blogspot.com
Jalil O. Paniambaan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 am

On this assignment, I had a hard time looking for a respondent for the interview since the hr managers in our respected adopted company are busy right now. But thankfully, I was able to find a personnel working in the Pearl Farm Beach Resort. His name is Daryl Bismanos.

Since he was in a Hotel Business, he initially thought of a different meaning of HRM other that the Human resource. On the interview, he told me that it is relevant to be able to hire a qualified applicant since they are one of the asset of the business. In the workplace, the employees must be honed, trained and guided to thier own profession. Taking care of the employees is a must in a business since they are only hiring less people in the business. He said that there are only a few people working in Pearl Farm. Even if they lack the manpower, he said that they give importance to their workers. He also said that he is satisfied on the way their Human Resource Management works.

Based on the answers of Mr. Daryl Bismanos, I agree on what he said about taking care of their employees. Benefits where given and there are even incentives when the Resort has a lot of people coming in. They give importance to the people working there and that is an important factor for the business to have no problems on their workforce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roy laurentino cuevas

PostSubject: assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 am

For this assignment, I have chosen Mr. Esmeraldo Lampauog, the Personnel Manager of Ateneo de Davao University. Actually, I wasn't the only one to interview..hehe.. Anyways, back to the subject.
Based on the reply he gave to us about the assignment (which I read to him, as in all of it), all he said is that the concept of the HR Manager must coincide with that of the organization, and that the HR manager's aim must be on the betterment of the human resource of the organization. If the management and the manager's aims do not coincide, that's where the challenge of being an HR manager comes. Its also better to follow the organization, according to him. For me, I agree on what he said, because it makes logical sense. All he said is for the welfare of Ateneo, and that's good.

comment here.hehe.
http://roycuevas.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josephine Paspe

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Source:Mr. Esmeraldo Lampauog

Our interviewee said that his concept depends on the organization and its views.
It also focuses on the Human Resource Management and Development.

"I agree because it really depends upon the organization. And the nature and scope I think is the same for all organizations."

Also, he said that if there are differences between the organization and him, that's the challenge of being an HR manager. An HR manager must also know the organization's dos and don'ts, so he is not ignorant of what a company's behavior is, and so he may know what to do to make the organization better.

"He didn't mention any particular way on how to settle differences."

tHat's aLL..
STOP THE "MURMURING!" What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shyenim.blogspot.com/
Jethro Querubin

PostSubject: Assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Ma'am Regine Castillo was the one I interviewed last tuesday, a HRIS specialist. According to her, human resource is the heart of the company. They see to it that employees are interconnected with each other especially on relationship and planning. They are the service provider whenever there are problems occur inside the company. They are in charge of the recruitment. The hiring of people are being dealt with the human resource. The training for the new applicants are also catered by them. Their nature is to organize the system of the company. They are the ones that organize company activities, payrolls, policies, compensation and benefits, and promotes safety environment.

Human Resource deals with people as what ma'am regine said. In fact, they call their department "PEOPLE" because they realize that they are there to cater and manage the people especially their employees. They bridge the people from all associates, general associates to managerial associates down to the lowest position. Regardless of regular or non regular as long as employed, it is being catered by the human resource.

As I was listening, I realize how significant they are in the company. As a matter of fact, I agree to what ma'am regine said. The things that she had shared to me was very similar to the management of their organization and you can see it on how they respond and welcome the people in their office. You could feel the "friendly environment" inside.

Now, human resource plays a vital role in an organization. I believe that without them, it will take many strategies to improve an organization. But considering them, it is just like "making the system easy and organized".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeanette_japitan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Last, Wednesday September 24, 2008 we interviewed Mrs. Florita L. Oligario HRMO3 of City Government of Davao to ask her concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management. Her concept is similar to that of the management of organization and I agree with her because of her understandable and comprehensive explanation about it.
First she discussed to us the nature of human resource management. Their nature has evolved now and then. She told us that, before they were not so organized, they only have small group of employee, lack of facilities, they were limited to some transaction like hiring and preparation of documents and appointments. Right now their nature is more developed, their functions have expanded, their limited transaction like hiring is improved and their facilities are more convenient to use. She also added that their employee right now has some annual benefits and incentives. She enumerates some of incentives for their employee like travel package here in Davao 300pesos each and salo-salo package 100pesos for exemplary achievement of their employee. These are based on their performance rating every six months. If an employee has a good performance in 2 succeeding semester he/she received 2,000pesos and if she has fair rating, she will dropped from rules. She appeals to people that are saying employees of City Hall was not good, but they take it as a challenged to motivate their employees. Ma’am Obligario believed that Human Resource is the asset of the company and can be a human capital.
About the scope of their human resource management, she cites some of them such as recruitment, training, and payroll. In the recruitment of their permanent employee or plantilla they have some qualification to meet. First, take the qualifying exam and followed by interview with the personnel selection board. After that the credentials is evaluated, then they prepared a comparative report. The last is the approval of the City Mayor. They also have to take Civil Service and meet the minimum standard. For their non- plantilla there’s no need to take some their qualification. She stated that “not whom you know but how you posses your ability on the job”. They also conduct training for skills required and needs of their employee improvement. Their payroll is every 15th and 30th of the month through ATM.
When we asked her about the role of human resource management, she only answered us to “meet the need of the clients” same as our first respondent Sir Bobet Nacilla told us. Then we asked her if she meets her expectation of their company, she answered “More than enough of my expectation. Job is fulfilling though it is stressful and I worked beyond office hours”. The last statement she said and very proud to say it “WE ARE EXCELLENT”. (She laughed aloud). hehe..cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lynneth llemit

PostSubject: homework #8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:11 pm

Interview with a Human Resource Personnel

This homework was a bit unnoticed for me because we had so much to do with the major paper and i don't have much time checking this web forum..hehehe lol!

while im doing this homework, it is a bit funny because i didn't interview a personnel for this homework's purpose...since i don't have much time, but it doesnt mean that i dont have an entry for this assignment. I am going to base my answer on this assignment to our previous interview with several HR personnel we had interviewed for the major paper and for our presentation.

According to Mr. Alex Somera, an HR Personnel of Emcor, the Human Resource Department of Emcor is the responsible for managing the Human Resources. For looking for possible employees to fill in vacancies, to analyze cause of the problems of unusual behavior of employees in the working environment. The human Resource dept. is also responsible for the development of the morale of every employee from the simplest laborer to the highest position in the organization. He said that the main purpose of the HRM is to attain the needs of the employees. The welfare of the employees is the topmost priority of the HRD, He said that the human force is the responsible that is why the organization generates, the employees are the reason and responsible for the survival of the industry that is why they have to take care of them, they are the one who builds and keep the organization survive but they could also be the reason to destabilize the industry.

In that notion, i agree with Mr. Alex Somera, no company will survive without taking care of their human Resources,they have to be taken care of, physically, morally and spiritually. An employee would always complain if their is any irregularity in the organization. And if the HRD wont take action on that, that would cause a problem, maybe it will take effect on the working performance of thier employees.

As i had noticed in Emcor, they are in a good status as of now, in terms of human Resourcing. They just have problem with the financial status because of the global crisis and non-ending piracy problem.

Well, good luck to emcor!lol!

http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/

Last edited by lynneth llemit on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/
karl philip abregana

PostSubject: assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Last night, I went to my aunts house, it was 10:30pm at MA-A, I went to her house because she is the only person I know who can help me in my assignment. She is Leticia Aristal the HR manager of REMCO Printing Corporation.

I asked her on her concept on the nature,scope and role of human resource management. She said that the role of human resource management is all about the employees with regrd in their safety, compensation, benefits,good working environment and most of all the motivation of each employees. She also said that her concept is similar to the company.

Based on what I learned in our HRM subject, I do agree in her concept because they are concern in the people who are working in the company. The company are concerned in the development of their employees. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ailaine adaptar

PostSubject: The HR manager interview..   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Interview a personnel/human resource manager on his concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management. Do you agree with him? Explain. Is his concept similar to that of the management of his organization? If not, ask him how the differences are settled.

We are supposed to conduct an interview about the EMCOR's Human Resource Information System (for additional info. only). The personnel we interviewed was the EMCOR's Human Resource Manager - Mr. Alex Somera. But, sad to know..he admit that he had only a bit of idea about what does HRIS is all about..but in heaven's disguise, he detailed us informations and experiences he had being the EMCOR's Manager for a long years (If I'm not mistaken, he's 8 years in service).

According to him, HRM is the very important factor in a firm's way to success. HRM Department is responsible in (1)catering the company's employees (even the Head's of the departments)need; (2)helping the employees in reaching their potentials that would do better for themselves and for the company as well; (3)It also concerns the company's recreational activities dedicated to the employees for the latter's socialization. Moreover, (4)it also serves as a bridge in connecting the head's and the ordinary employees.
Furthermore, (5)HRM also covers the compensation and benefits of the employee, their security inside the firm. (6)HRM also provides the solution to the problems an employee may encounter (only within the company's and in some other cases).(7)Aside from those inner functions, HRM is also responsible for the outsourcing/recruitment.

study Yes, definitely. I do agree on his view about the industry’s success- “HRM is the very important factor in a firm's way to success”. It is true that the organization's most valued assets - the people functioning individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business.(His view is parallel to that of the organization's.)

Last edited by ailaine adaptar on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.adaptarailaine.blogspot.com/
ilyn_mapalo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Idea Last wednesday, our group went to our adopted company which is the City Hall of government to interview a personnel for this assignment. Luckily, we were entertained by them especially the officer of that day.

Arrow The one we interviewed was Mrs. Florita L. Oligarto. She is the HRMO 3 in the city hall. First, she said that their management at first was only Personnel Management. Then it was developed into Human Resource Management. Personnel Management was only limited to hiring, recruitment, preparation of documents and appointments. But, the functions was expanded and was into comlexities. From personnel link to paradigm. Men of HR can be developed as well. Now, there's more divisions in their government. Included are personnel planning division, personnel selection and transaction, personnel benefits and welfare, human resource development division which provides carrer function to employees.

Arrow In terms of their recruitment, they provides certain procedures that should be meet by the applicants in order for him/her to qualify. The applicants will take qualifying exam and then go to personnel selection board for the interview.Credentials are also evaluated and prepared a comparative report. Last, approval by the city mayor. Also, the applicants should take civil service and meet the minimum standard. She said that "Not whom you know but how you possess your ability on the job".

Arrow Another, they provide training for their employees because it is needed and it was skill requirement for them to do their work rightfully.Additional is their benefits for the employees. They provides annual benefits. They also give incentives to those employee whom they seen who worked well. They have also performance rating which is done every six months. If an employee done a good performance in the succeeding semester, 1st and 2nd, they give him/her 2000 pesos. But if only she/he done it only in one semester, he/she will recieve 1000 pesos. Once a year, they have travel package of 300 pesos each and an exemplary achievement of 100 pesos to unwine theirselves from the stressful work.

Arrow For the improvement in system and processes, she said that in her work, she was developed. "The job was fulfilling though it is stressful", even though she work beyond office hours. She said that she meet more than enough its expectation.Their faculties are ok, computers have internet connection and air conditioned.The relationship between employees she said, it was normal if there's no conflict. Maam Florita also said, "Though they are saying(people)that employees of the city hall is not good", they take it as a challenge to motivate their employees and dealing good with the client.When we asked her the role of HRM, it was to meet the needs of the clients.She said that they are excellent?!And Ma'm Oligario believed that HR can be human capital.

Hmmm...for me, as I heard that information about them, I feel so satisfied especially in their benefits....hehe!Also in their recruitment that "Not whom you know but the ability you posses". I agree with her!:-)

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen Palero

PostSubject: HRM Assign 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Maam Marivic I. Dumaran, the Administrative Officer V of the HRDD in USeP, shared to us her concept on the scope and role of human resource management.

Her viewpoints are stated below.

Arrow Scope of HRM
is from the lowest ranked employee to the highest position, including the University President.

Arrow Role of HRM
Generally,HRM is to hire human resources who'll fit to the job and it's description for the organization to progress.

When we asked her about what is her opinion about the nature of HRM she didn't said it direct to the point, she was quite confused of what kind of 'nature' we were referring to. But as far I understood her messages it generally means that the...
Arrow Nature of HRM is to maintain the records of their employees. Manage the people with potentials at the early stage of their career and provide essential work assignments and fair incentives.

Moreover, she mentioned that facilities are ineffective if nobody will utilize it.
I agree with her concepts about HRM. In fact, the reason why I agree with her is because the things she said are also the things that I have learned in HRM subject during the sharing (of the modules). An institution with complete facilities but no human force can be compared to a very high tech cellphone with no battery. What will be the use of an NSeries phone if you lacks battery? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Karen Palero on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karainie.blogspot.com
venus s. millena

PostSubject: HRM 8 ASSIGNMENT   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:30 pm

OUR group interviewed Mrs. Florita L. Oliqario, a HRMO personnel of City Hall. We asked about their concept on the nature of their HRM, she said that they believed that employees are the asset of the company. They give so much assistance and care on their employees. She said at first, when they just got started, their HRM focused limited only on the hiring, recruitment and firing. But, as the time goes by, they decided to expand their functions and management, because now they cater everything which involves about employment and the employees.

they improved their division into many elements which cater the needs of the employees. They have personnel planning department, personnel selection, personnel benefits and welfare, and Human Resource Development Division. These is done for the reason of making a good department and to have the better employees in their company.

The government employees enjoy the benefits like good salary and big incentives. They received their payrolls ahead of time, they can get their salaries through ATM and receives at 10th day of the month and 25th day of the month. it is for the reason that they want to provide a good assisstance on their employeees. She said they have incentives like having a free travel package of php 300 in Davao city and a salo-salo package which they have an allowance of php 100 each. they also have semi-annually evaluation and giving of rewards on their best employee. According to here that they lived on the saying about recruitment that "they accept applicants not of whom they know but what ability of applicants possess". The recruitment process is not easy comply, because applicants should be a competitive all aspects in order to pass on their qualification and be employed. They also have trainings on the regular employees for them to be more competitive and updated about the new facilities and new process. She said that they were strictly said that their employees were trained to face their clients nicely and sincerely, like what they have done to us. they valued their costumers so much. The facilities on the City Hall is very nice because the work place is air conditioned, they have a table and chair for each employee and each personnel possesses a computer with an Internet connection! whahhh! its really very nice to be employed their.

She said that their HRMO is more than enough on her expectation. She is very satisfied on their HRM in City hall.

In my view they have really a best treatment of their employees. Each employee are very happy and satisfied in their job. Because they are really taking good care of the company. the company treated them when they have done a good job in the company to boost up more their eagerness and competitiveness in their work. if you will have a work place like that you may really above to stay in that job. Your service is paid earlier even the service is not yet done. wheew here in the city you can find a company like that! So its really better to get a job in the government office and enjoys their benefits!

cheers

Last edited by venus s. millena on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jealou azucena

PostSubject: Assignment #8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:35 pm

The person we interwieved is Ms. Marivic Dumaran, the Human Resource
Development Division (HRDD) Administrative Officer V of USeP.
Her concept on the nature, scope, and role of the human resource management is as follows:

Nature
Human Resource Management is specifically more on keeping the files of the employee and
making reports. This also includes developing the human resources for they are the most
important component of the organization. For what is the use of all the facilities if no one will
make use of it.
(Actually, she was confused with what we mean by the question 'nature of HRM'.
She told us to do research but as i understand she was referring to nature when she
answered us this statements. And she keeps on repeating it.)

Scope
HRDD or the human resource management scope, is from the lowest employee to the
highest ranking officials of the institution.
To have a more effective HRM you must develop the lower rank as well as the top rank
even the president.

Role
The HRDD is concerned in hiring human resources who'll fit to the job and it's description for
improvement of the organization.
They are the one who keep records of the employee from their entrance to exit in the
institution.

We also asked Ma'am Marivic if she is satifistied with the HRM in the university, she said that it is doing fine and functional. She also said that presently the department is poor in written documents but the good thing is they are now practicing the HRDD's function and role. I actually agree with Ma'am Marivic's concept about the HRM especially when she said about the part that "The HRDD is concerned in hiring human resources who'll fit to the job and it's description for improvement of the organization."

JEALOU L. AZUCENA BSIT-3 lol!
Sleep...can we sleep... Sleep

Last edited by jealou azucena on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michelle adlawan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 pm

When I was informed about the assignment about interviewing a personnel/HR manager, I hardly know who to interview. So then, I decided together with my group mates that we’ll interview the Human Resource Management Officer II of our own adopted company – the Pag-IBIG Fund.

Yesterday, dated September 25, 2008 to be exact, we had a semi-ambush interview with Mrs. Laarni Lobo, HRMO II of Pag-IBIG. It was not really of her knowledge that she’ll be asked about our assignment, because all she knew we were just there just to bring in the interface we made from our research proposal for her to countersign and approve it.

Fortunately for us and unfortunately for her Smile, we ask her what is her concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management and was it similar to the management’s concept. Her answer was a bit in a rush because she was really busy that time, like she told us earlier. Her answer was short but was really exceptional. She emphasized as she answer the question, that the human resource is the vital force of a certain company. And without these resources a company would not work. The human resource management, she added, is the one responsible in boosting the morale of an employee in a company. The HRM makes sure that each employee of such organization achieved the excellence one should have in his or her job. Professionalism is a factor in which an employee must hold in his or her self as a work force in a company.

As I heard these words from Maam Laarni, I absolutely agree with her. Human resource is indeed the essential and the most sensitive part in an organization. With HRM, the people in the company will learn their responsibility as a major part in the industry and should be manage well in his or her job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efasde

PostSubject: Assignment # 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Wink Wink

Mam Marivic I. Dumaran is the Administrative Officer V of HRDD in USEP. I together with my group mates, we asked her on her concept on the nature, scope, and role of Human Resource Management. According to her, Human Resource Management is responsible to hire personnel (human resource) that fit on the jobs, duties and functions of the institution. It is true that the HRM has a control of the human resource planning, directing, and organizing its personnel on the whole institution concerning on their jobs, from the lowest rank of employees to the highest rank. They provide the necessary things for the employees as well as the institution for the advantage and benefit of both sides.

She also added that without HRM in an organization, to operate an institution is impossible. Because the heart of an organization are the employees, that make it as an institution or organization.

Based on the information we gathered from interview and observation, I observed that the said division operates by making the most of the resources they have. Though, they already established a foundation by operating for long years there are still lackness that needs to be complete or to take concern of. Honestly, the management wasn’t functioning well because there are things that we witness that show the lackness of the said organization. How an HRM department can operates their function well if it alone cannot? However, they are aware of that these things, that is why they make best use of what they have. The said department is functioning and operating, yes, there are just factors that need to improve more and to think about for the progress and for a much better operation.

Neutral Neutral
_efasde_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael george guanzon

PostSubject: assyn.#8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:40 pm

The person we interviewed is Mr. Esmeraldo Lampauog, He is the personnel manager of Ateneo De Davao University.

For Him, "The concept of Human Resouce Management and development depends on the organization and the HR manager views on how to improve their company or organization".

I agree in his concept, because the improvement of the company or in an organization depends on the Human Resource Management, they are the one who finds good employees and also is their to support, and enhance every employee on their company.

plz visit my blog and leave some comments.. lol!

mrdimpz.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leah_ana_saavedra

PostSubject: assignment #8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Our group decided to interview the Human Resource Manager of the PAG-IBIG Fund, Mrs. Laarni A. Lobo regarding with our assignment #8, which is “Interview a personnel/human resource manager on his concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management. Do you agree with him? Explain. Is his concept similar to that of the management of his organization? If not, ask him how the differences are settled.” At first she could not find any words to say as we surprise her with our assignment, because all she knew was we are there to have a counter sign of our HRIS proposal. But then as we rephrase the question she then pause for a while and think for an answer. Mrs. Lobo then emphasize that human resource is the “vital factor” of the company. She also added that the role of the HRM is to professionalize the employee for the quality service that they can offer to their clients.

After I heard her answer, I then realize that what she have said was true. In order to have a quality service, it should start with the employee.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanya Clarissa G. Amancio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Honestly speaking, I didn't interview a personnel. But, our group planned to interview the Human Resource personnel of Concentrix. Sad to say, he was so busy and can't entertain us. Aside from that, our group was also busy in making our major paper. Actually, we got "75%" tongue Anyway, back to our assignment, I'm going to base my answer on our previous interview to several HR personnel we had interviewed for our group project.

According to Mr. Alex Somera, an HR Personnel of Emcor, the Human Resource Department of Emcor is the responsible for managing the Human Resources including the main purpose of the HRM to attain the needs of the employees. For example, HRM is the responsible for their benefits, insurances and fun activities so that their employees will stay and will be inspired to their company. He said that the manpower is the responsible that is why the organization produces. The employees are the motivation and in charge for the survival of the industry that is why they have to be concerned of them, they are the one who manufacture, who works and keep the organization survive but they could also be the reason to destabilize the industry.

I agree on Mr. Alex Somera because he is right in terms of saying that human resource is important and and plays an important role in an organizationt. Without HR, company won't survive because they have the ability and ideas to improve a company.

"That,s all........ thank you! Laughing "

Embarassed visit my blog.. Embarassed

http://myblogreact.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: Assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:28 pm

For our Assignment No.8, we asked Mam Gerlie P. Sayon of DcTech. She said that the Human Resource functions includes a variety of activities, and the key among them is deciding what staffing needs you have and whether to use independent contractors or hire employees to fill these needs, recruiting and training the best employees, ensuring they are high performers, dealing with performance issues, and ensuring your personnel and management practices conform to various regulations. Activities also include managing your approach to employee benefits and compensation, employee records and personnel policies. However, they should always ensure that employees have, and are aware of, personnel policies which conform to current regulations. These policies are often in the form of employee manuals, which all employees have.

I agree with what she said about human resource management because that is HRM almost about. HRM is about employees in an organization being hired and trained to become a better employee for their company. It is also about dealing the employees' performance issues, managing their compensation and benefits, and making sure that the employee is having a good relationship with other employees.

Her concept about HR function are similar with what is in the organization right now. She as an HR personnel must perform all the function that is expected to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerusalem M. Alvaira

PostSubject: Assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:18 pm

We had a hard time looking for an HR personnel to interview because most of the HR personnel
of the companies we visited months ago had gone out of town. So, to answer our assignment 8,
we sent an email to Ms. Gerlie P. Sayon of DcTech stating the question for our 8th
assignment.

According to her, the Human Resource functions includes a variety of activities,
and key among them is deciding what staffing needs you have and whether to use independent
contractors or hire employees to fill these needs, recruiting and training the best employees,
ensuring they are high performers, dealing with performance issues, and ensuring your personnel
and management practices conform to various regulations.

Activities also include managing your approach to employee benefits and compensation,
employee records and personnel policies. However, they should always ensure that employees
have -- and are aware of -- personnel policies which conform to current regulations.
These policies are often in the form ofemployee manuals, which all employees have.

Her concept about HR function are similar with what is in the organization right now.
As an HR personnel she must perform all the function that is expected of her.

I agree with what maam Gerlie P. Sayon said, because Human Resource Management is about being
practical by choosing the best employees who can fill what the company needs. You cannot just hire
someone who is incompetent or someone who does not fit the job right? Moreover, Human Resource
Management is not just about hiring and training employees to be the best but you also need to
know their attitudes because a talent without an attitude is nothing. Furthermore, you as a person
should know and give what your employees need, like salary and benefits. Lastly, you need to have
good relationship with your employees not only to have a good working environment.

For comments and voilent reactions, visit:
jeru
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jerusalemalvaira.blogspot.com/
kathy kay feranil

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Last wednesday afternoon, we went to the City Gov't to interview a HRM personnel. Luckily, we we're entertained and allowed to conduct an interview. We interviewed MAam Florita L. Oligario, the HRMO Officer III. We asked her about what is her concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management.

First, she discussed about the history of their HRM. She said that their HRM is not that developed compare to the present. Before , they only have small group of employee,they are lack of facilities and their HRM or should i say, personnel management was limited to some transaction only like hiring and preparation ofdocuments and appointments.BUt as days passes by, the department expanded their functions and management. Now, they cater everything which involves about employment and the employees.

Their system and processes are improved. The facilities are satisfying such as computers and has internet and air conditioned workplace. Now, They have personnel planning department, personnel selection, personnel benefits and welfare, and Human Resource Development Division. This is done for the reason of making a good department and to have the better employees in their company. Which means, they focus in catering the needs of their employees which provides career function to employees and competency enhancement.

The government employees enjoy their annual benefits and good salary. The employees also enjoy some incentives. Like, a travel package in Davao worth P300 and a salu-salo package 100pesos for exemplary achievement of their employee. Their performance rating is done every six months. And if an employee's rating is very high in two succeeding semester will receive P2000. And i think these incentives motivates the employees to work hard to have a good performance.

Secondly, we asked her about the scope of the HRM and she cited cites some, such as recruitment, training, and payroll.In the recruitment of their employees, they have some qualification to meet. First, take the qualifying exam and followed by interview with the personnel selection board. After that the credentials is evaluated, then they prepared a comparative report. The last is the approval of the City Mayor. They also conduct trainings for the the development of their employees.

When we asked Ma'am FLorita about the role of human resource management, she only answered us to “meet the need of the clients”. Then we asked her if she meets her expectation of their company, she answered “More than enough of my expectation. Job is fulfilling though it is stressful and the best thing is I am developed”. SHe concluded that HRM is very important in a company and It is the most essential asset in a company. That's why she proudly said "We are excellent".

As a student who studies Human Resource Management, i agree with what Maam Oligario mentioned. I believe that human/employees are the most essential asset in a company. That's why their needs must be catered and they must be appreciated by giving incentives because HRM is a human Capital. And i think, the best thing she said about recruitment is that "not whom you know but how you poses the job"...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

♥♥♥___kath___ ♥♥♥

Last edited by kathy kay feranil on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
febe mae florentino

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Interviewing a personnel or human resource manager is not that difficult. Because of our adopted company, we already have a human resource manager to interview with. Me and my group mates have the same manager interviewed.

According to Mrs. Laarni Lobo, the HR manager of Pag-IBIG Fund, her concept on the scope, nature and role of Human Resource Management is that since human resources are the vital factors in an organization. They should be manage well and make sure that all the employees be professionalized and aim the excellence to deliver good services.

Her concept is the same as the concept of her organization.

I agree with her concept. Since human resource is the most important resource in an organization, they should be manage well. The organization should make sure that the human resources enjoy his/her job, receive corresponding benefits if he/she need to have. Management make sure that the human resources do his/her job well to respond the need of the organization. By this, the organization as well will benefit since the human resources perform their task well, the organization itself will be successful in the industry.

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dolorosa G. Mancera

Location : Door 2 Bermejo Apartment, MAgallanes St. Davao City

PostSubject: Assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Wow! Shocked This subject was so tough that I wasn’t able to pass on time. But luckily, after this day ends, God has been so nice that I was able to interview 3 personnel and one of them works in HRMO.Very Happy Very Happy They are Mr. Rafael G. Moreno(HRMO- information system), Mr. Ramon S. Melliza (Ticket Checker – City Treasurer’s Office) and Jeoffry M. Adumduman (computer hardware specialist). They all work on the City Government Office. They simply share ideas about the nature, scope and role of HR. bounce bounce

According to them, the Human Resource Management’s roles are to receive and transmit payrolls, compute budget for the whole year, entertain applicants, interview applicants, designate applicants to other offices, deals with the compensation, managing the employees, gives disciplinary actionsto their employees and conduct seminars and trainings. They told me that the nature of their organization is more developed and their functions have expanded and their facilities now are more convenient than before.

For them, the scope of the HRM is from the lowest rank employees up to the top rank employees. According to Mr. Melliza, the scope of the HRM is from the utility to the department head. They told me that all the things that mentioned are similar with the concept of their organization.

I agree with their ideas about the nature, scope and role of the human resource because all the things that they have shared are the same things that I have learned from our past discussions in our subject and also based from the things that I have understood from our adopted company.

Arrow [I am so thankful to my interviewees for helping me even though the discussions only lasted for about 15 minutes.]
bom bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate_mariel_dizon

PostSubject: Assignment 8   Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Okay... So I didn't conduct a formal interview. It was online, actually.

I interviewed Mr. Gideon Lambert, a private loan lender. According to him, Human Resource Management is the act of coordinating the labor force in an organization. Furthermore, it is the act of getting the labor force to work together towards an objective.

In their organization, HRM is involved with Time Reporting, Time & Attendance, Workforce Management, Payroll and Personnel Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Integrated Human Resources Utilities, Application Lifecycle Management(ALM), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Enterprise Content Management (ECM). I asked him to explain what this "Integrated Human Resources Utilities" is and according to him, it is a case study that shows you how to create a centralized security management console and flexibly customize, deploy and manage appropriate host-based intrusion protection across multiple tiers of your company's applications. Honestly, I still don't understand it. But basically, all the other things he mentioned, like Time and Attendance, Payroll ad Personnel Accounting are the same as what I learned in school.

But since this is a real organization, there are other things that I didn't learn in the classroom and there are other areas where HRM is involved in real organizations that were not mentioned. Also, according to him, when they hire indigents, they usually sign a contract that they have to hire indigents. This is nice to know. sunny

When I asked him if there ever was a time when his views differed from that of the organization, he said that there was such a time. They settled the differences by a sort of "talk". They make the organization understand that human resources are the most important factors in production. Although I don't really get what he said, I guess I could say that they settle it by considering what's best for the majority.

There are also certain problems concerning the human resources in their organization. He identified two of them, which is the gender and education. According to him, they have some problems with female workers because they cannot keep up with the late hours. And when it comes to education, he said that not all workers are properly educated about their work. I asked why this happened because I know that there is an application process before an employee is actually hired. He said that hiring workers also depend on the number of candidates. So I guess, if there are only a few applicants, the organization have no choice.

I also agree with what he said that if an organization is too tight on the human resources, then it is difficult to achieve their goal. Usually, the problem arises with demographics.

So, I guess I also learned something from this "interview". I learned that there are a lot of other matters involved in Human Resource Management that I cannot learn in the classroom. There are still other complex matters that I could probably understand only when I will have a first-hand experience on them. And I agree with most of what my interviewee said and I'm glad that I'm learning the right things. Hopefully, I get to have other opportunities to explore the world which I am about to enter. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.katemarieldizon.blogspot.com
charmaine_dayanan

PostSubject: assignment and a funny experience in one....HRM interview   Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 pm

[left]Whew! Thinking of somebody whom you know can answer to the question above is a bigGER deal. Especially if you are already making an interview past the deadliest line of the homework. Procrastinator as I may seem, but I've got lessons after the "experience" I had with my task.

This is a hectic week for me. For this is a week of a series of quizzes / exams / technical paper submission / meetings, etc. So I was forced to put off hunting for a personnel / human resource manager whom I could interview with.. until this evening. Having nobody whom I could get an ambush interview with, I decided to try my luck in looking for someone related to the field of human resource management. And guess what? I found myself inside a business-connected chat room in Yahoo! talking with persons who, I guess, misunderstood my question and began eating their hearts out about their hatred to their previous HR managers. Oh my, it's better to log out at once.

I have asked for some ideas about this topic to one of my IT / programming-related chat mate. (He's an IT dept. head, and refuses to give his full identity as well as the company he's in). Fortunately, he was kind enough to give me his opinion regarding this subject. And FORTUNATELY for me because I had finally found somebody sensible enough to give me, at least, answers not too far from my expectations...king

In our conversation, he related the human resource management as represented by the HR manager of the company. The HR manager, being the head of the section, must possess the qualities of a good leader for he manages the most vital part of the company - the working force.

Here are his major points:

HRM plays a very vital role in every company and we can never overlook the role of HRM.
Idea The HR manager should be the one who possesses the qualities of a leader - one who has the power to influence people bringing them together to achieve towards one goal - the company's goal.
Idea In every firm, we have different groups of people having different ideas and ways of doing things. So the HR manager must be skillful enough to handle his group, the conflict-resolver, a fair leader who sets aside discrimination brought about the differences of each individual.
Idea The leader must know to stand his authority - give rewards and punishments when necessary to those employees who deserve to receive such. In addition, he must be a good motivator.
Idea To him, dealing with human resources is a very difficult one because it involves the task of proper dissemination of information to various departments that make up the company. It also involves the task of ensuring that there is harmonious relationship between the individuals in the departments, and giving them the necessary trainings, orientation, etc., for these are the factors to ensure the success of the organization.

I agree with his thoughts, absolutely. Being the head of a certain group/company/organization carries a big responsibility. The authority and power you possess, always have a corresponding obligation.

He added that his concept is almost similar to his boss, although there were no organization perfect enough to play the role he described to me, well, he can manage to be grateful of the way his company's management goes. Very Happy lol! lol!

visit my blog: http://www.charmainespeaksup.blogspot.com
thanks in advance for your comments![justify]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah Jean Tisara

PostSubject: Assignment #8...   Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:14 am

Our group planned to interview the HR manager of our adopted company, which is PAG-IBIG, but an interview means another letter and several days to wait for approval… (Sigh). So when Mr. Gamboa said, that the interface of our HRIS proposal should be countersigned by PAG-IBIG, our chance came. We telephoned Ms. Laarni Lobo and asked if we can go to their office for them to approve the interface proposal. She said that she’s so busy and she can entertain us probably after 2 weeks, but because of our convincing powers, she said the magic word, “OK”.

After the telephone conversation, we immediately went to PAG-IBIG. We presented the interface of our HRIS proposal and explained the flow of the proposal. She consulted their programmers and luckily, they approved. She countersigned it and it’s done. But before we left, we asked her about the assignment and what’s her concept about it. At first, she can’t find any answer to that query because she’s not prepared. But because of my eagerness to have an answer from her, I rephrased the question. I asked her opinion about human resource management and there, we got something from her.

Ms. Lobo said that human resource is a vital element of any organization; human resource department is the heart of the company. According to her, to be an HR manager is not that easy, she has to deal with more than 100 different souls. Her role and the role of the human resource department is to bring out the best of their employees and professionalism should be seen from all of their employees, for them to serve and offer the quality service that their clients need.

I agree with what Ms. Lobo answered and her concept as an HR manager is similar to the management of her company. It is definitely true that human resource is really the heart of the company. An organization can’t stand long if not because of the people behind it. It is really a vital factor of any organization, because it depends to them the downfall and the success of their organization.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie Marie G. Bama

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:04 am

My group mates and I were so lucky yesterday because we were given the chance to interview the HR manager of our adopted company(Pag-IBIG Fund). Mrs. Laarni Lobo is the HR manager of the Pag-Ibig Fund. All she knew was we would just conduct a "short" interview regarding of our major paper. She wasn't really aware that we'll ask her about our assignment. I thought she'll get mad because we didn't tell her about it earlier. hahaha. We asked her about her concept on nature, scope and role of human resource management and if it's similar to their management's concept. At first, she was really speechless, but later on the question had been answered. She forthrightly stated that Human Resource is the vital force of a company because it is the important factor that makes a company works. Human Resource Management is accountable for enhancing the performance of an employee and increasing their self-confidence and self-esteem. Their company is aiming for excellence and professionalizing its employees so that they can satisfy the needs of their clients. Her concepts and the concepts of their organization were more or less the same...So, I think there were no differences to be settled..hihihi..

I definitely agree of what she said because I am certain that human resource is the basic yet the important piece that completes an organization. It should be handled carefully and be given an appropriate treatment. Through this, an organization will successfully reach its goals.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
john david de peralta

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 am

when i knew of the assignment, i was like "whaaaaaaaat?"
oh well.
luckily, my father is a Human Resource Developer. hehehehe

me and my father didn't have that much talk.

well he said, his scope and role in the company as a HRD, he helps develop the employees well being.
since my father is a pastor, the manager of the company was told him to become the HRD of the company so that the employees will be guided and enlightened in living as workers for the company and as n individual.
his concept of developing the employees is exactly the same as the concept of the manager. the aim of the manager in providing a HRD was good and i agree with it for building up a person's interpersonal skills will led the employee to respond as a responsible worker. i dont have much to talk, me and my father dont get along that much and i dont even know whats happening in the company.hehehe.. all i know tat part of his job is to conduct a bible study for the employee. and also counseling.

[im having difficulty in going to your forum,its also y this one is delayed. i do it at home, made it on notepad and saved it.besides i dont have a portable volume disk. i only encounter it on your forum, but on yout main site, no prob. waht cuold it be? hmmm]
scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://training.aydp.amigoas.com/johndaviddeperalta/
Jovylin Sandoval

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:56 am

Last Wednesday, September 24, me and my group mates had interviewed one of the personnel in the HR department of City Hall and She is Mrs. Florita L. Oligario, their HRMO3 (human resource management officer 3). And we’re so glad that they still allowed us to have an interview even though we didn’t have any letter for approval. And with that, we have a good interview with her. We interviewed about her concept on the nature, scope and the role of HR. And we have gained much information from her.

According to her, actually before, their HR was only called as the Personnel Management and it has only limited to hiring, recruitment and preparation of documents and appointments. But now, it was evolved and became the HRM and development because they firmly believed that the men of HR can be developed and their functions can be expanded. That's why, they are not now only limited on recruitment but they are now limited on the personnel benefits and welfare, personnel selection and transaction, personnel planning and management, and human resource development which provide career function to employees for competency enhancement.

Likewise, the good thing to them is that they have good benefits and incentives that are given for the employees for their exemplary achievement in the company. Like for example the travel package with a P300/employee and the salo-salo package with a P100/employee for them to unwine the employees from the stressful works that they have. And also when an employee meets the highest performance rate of the company every six months or in the 2 succeeding semester, they are given an incentive that has an amount of P2000. bounce But if an employee failed his work within 6 months, he is possible to be dropped from the rules or in the other term, he is fired. Crying or Very sad

In addition, according from Maam Florita in their recruitment she emphasized that "it’s not whom you know but how you possess your ability in work" which is very good for me, because its just shows that they are fair in hiring an employee and not just because they relatives or friends. Moreover, I had also asked her if her expectations of the company was met when she was already working there because I am just curious about it and she answered, "Yes, its more than enough of my expectations. I am developed and the job was fulfilling even though it is stressful and I've worked beyond office hours". And also she said that, though other people saying that the employees of City Hall are not good, for her she is proudly saying that "We are excellent!" cheers because people don't know what's true behind their work, and how difficult but important it is. They really motivate their employees and orient them on how to deal good with their clients. In short, their role is taking good care of the needs of the employees as well as the needs of the clients.

Therefore, for me, I am really admired them as well as their work because I know, working in the HR department was so difficult and complicated but they still cope this thing. And I also agree with her concepts that she have about their HR because it can also be seen to them like on how they treat and entertain us as their clients. In a nutshell, they are very good and very excellent as what she said.

PS. Sir sorry if I have pass it so late it's because I am not really feeling well yesterday, and I can't have any ideas on it because of this. Sad Sorry again Sir, I just hope your kind consideration. Thank you and May the God bless you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://juvz-14.sosblog.com
ymrebmomville

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:44 am

Yesterday, i interviewed one of our neighbors. Mrs Rita Masiwel was working in PNB. I asked her some question regarding their Human Resource Management. But she was not able to answer some of my questions. Stated here was her explanation on what is the role of human resource management in their company and how does it affect them.

First she defines what is HR.

Human resources is an increasingly prominent field that is taking shape throughout industries and workplaces world wide. Recognizing the fact that people are a company's greatest asset, business leaders across the globe are coming to rely more and more upon an effective management policy that applies specifically to the area of human resources.

answers:

Human resource management has an important role to play in equipping institutions to meet the challenges of an expanding and increasingly competitive sector. Increases in staff numbers, contractual diversification and changes in the demographic profile of academic staff are reconfiguring the role and significance of human resource management. HR functions are responsive to current staffing needs, but can be proactive in reshaping institutional demographics and staff trends.

The existence of a human resources department is vital to overall productivity and efficiency of the strong workforce in any thriving company. In most professional organizations, the role of the human resources department is not sidelined or eclipsed by other departments. In fact, good human resources can be one of the most valued and respected departments in an organization; their job is people, and people are the company's most important asset.

Like what we have discussed in our sharing, humans are the most vital component of a company so, th industry should know what to do in order to manage the resources well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felix sumalinog jr

PostSubject: Assignment #8   Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 pm

An interview with Ms. Katheryn A. Lanuza about her concept on the nature, scope and role of human resource management. Ms. Katheryn A. Lanuza is an HR staff of Anflocor Investment and Management Corp., located in Damosa Land Corp., Lanang Davao City.

Ms. Kathy said “Human resource management is a function in an organization that focuses on the most valued asset in the company; the people who works for them. They handle recruitment, giving directions or guiding the people to achieve the goals of the company. They deal with issues that are related to people like compensation, benefits, safety, employee’s performance, etc. They set rules so that the employees will have a harmonious relationship with others and to give them direction to attain the goal of the company.”

Yes, I agree with Ms. Kathy because effective management of human resources leads to greater productivity, higher quality, and better organizational performance. Success in human resource management is also a success of the organization.

Ms. Kathy said also that her ideas are similar to that of the management of her organization. I quote her “Yes, because they focus on the wellness of the people who works in the company. They give them directions so that the company can achieve its goal.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatima Paclibar

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Link 2 Support
Call Canter Agent, Technical Support
Computer Networking

Human Resource Management deals with hiring qualified and productive manpower, and managing people. They are the one who deals with problem regarding companies’ employees. They ensure to meet the expectation of their most valuable asset in the company – the people who individually and collectively contribute to achieve the company’s objective. They are the one who handles the resignation and termination of truant employees. They almost touch all division in the company regardless to their position from agent to the manager but of course not the CEO.

The personnel I’ve interviewed agreed to their company’s HRM, for it ensures to meet what they are expecting as an employee in that organization. She have seen the effort of the management to handles all the concern of their people compare to the other companies that she had work with in the past. Their office guarantees the address all concern of their people like health benefit, they have what they called HMO it is a medical assistance that is only available for their regular employees. They are also the one who manages the SSS and Pag-ibig loans.

However, there are some lapses in their management just like some of their policies are being bypass, politics within the company and accounting discrepancy. The company makes sure to have a company meeting at least once a year including all its employees and the big bosses. It is done to address at least all of their concern and problems within the organization. If there are legal policies arises regarding the good or benefits of the employee just like the additional salary fee of 25 pesos this 2nd quarter and employee allowance increase, in which they have granted one month after the hearing.

I do agree to the management of their company, people are very vulnerable that need to be dedicated much attention. Thus, they did their best to address the problems within the organization and given the right action. A company is a community of people, whose working together to attain common goal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
March Dawn Eder

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Arrow Exclamation The one i interviewed was the Head of the Administrative Division of the Davao City Human Resource Management Office. He answered some of the questions i asked but because he was so busy he gave me a brochure that answered somehow my queries.

Arrow Exclamation When you say human resource, it pin points the most potent and most resourceful and cannot be depleted resource of them all. When you say Human Resource Management, it is is the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization's most valued assets - the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the business.

Arrow Exclamation The role of the human resource management is it is an office that handles the human resource training and development. Also, it handles the recruitment, selection, planning, promotions, compensation and benefits, industrial and employee relations and the safety and health of the human resource/employees.

Arrow Exclamation The scope of human resource management is not only the employees within their office or workplace but also for the constituents of the city because he works for the government and we all know that the government gives services to the people.

Arrow Exclamation I agree with him. Human Resource should be treated like diamonds because they are the key to success of an organization. They should be developed and compensated well because they are so resourceful that they can do many tasks.

Arrow Exclamation His concepts bout Human Resource Management coincides with his organizations' because some of his answers came from their brochure. Heheh..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jan Neil Gador

PostSubject: Assignment 8   Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Assignment 8: The Interview
I have to admit, this assignment was one of the toughest. I call it one because it was a great challenge and for me to interview the head of the personnel department of our adopted organization, The Ateneo de Davao University, Mr. Esmeraldo Lampauog. But we were able to finish it on time, thanks to Mr. Lampauog.

As what he said, Human Resource depends on the nature of the company. It can either be HRM, Human Resource Management or HRD, Human Resource Development. It can also be the combination of the two which is the HRMD, Human Resource Management and Development. none the less, these two categories are the same when it comes to giving benefits to their employees. These include hiring/staffing, training and developing, coaching and compensating their employees. He also said that a good management, especially the head of the department must know everything about the company/organization so that he/she understands every process from the lower to the upper part of the ladder. And if the head understands all of this, he/she also understands the work of the employees. Thus, enabling the head to know if there is lacking or if there is something wrong. And tracking if their employees are still at their interest and if these employees need help and development.

I personally agree with him, because in order to have good relations with your constituents, it is far better if you have started from the lower part before jumping to high levels. Managing the employees surely gives them a good place to work and makes them to be more productive. And I think thats one thing that I do not have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)   

Back to top Go down

Assignment 8 (Due: before September 26,2008, 13:00hrs)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1