2709rsgamboa6219

This is MyWebForum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rsgamboa
Admin

PostSubject: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:22 am

What do you think will the 21st -century corporations look like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rsg0927.forumsmotion.com
jade mijares

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:38 pm

This century is the 21st century. Based on what I observed in the company I studied, they prioritize the welfare of their human resource. It is their employees who generate revenues for their company and without them or with poor management the company will not prosper. The human resource is the backbone of the company.

In contrast to Call Box, the company that we studied, there are still companies in this century who treat their human resource poorly. Those companies' concern is profit. The welfare and condition of their employees is one of their least priorities.

Today's companies, like Call Box, should give a high priority on training and grooming their employees to bring out their best performances so that in return the company would greatly benefit. They should treat their employees as an investment and an asset. This companies should spend for their employees so that the employees would come to love their work and the company they are working for.

In contrast to all of these, by the end of this century, some companies, those who apply the “assembly line concept”, would put less emphasis or importance on their human resource. Machines would slowly replace the human workers in the company. But still human resource would be used specially in the higher levels of the company , only in the rank and file of the company would the human aspect be slowly phased out.

There would come a time , in the far future, maybe in the next century, the 22nd century, that humans would play a small part in running a company. In that time the workers would be largely composed of artificial intelligence or at the least dumb machines. The brains of the company would still be humans but the backbone, the workers, would be automated machines.

This is actually a great concern for us for it opens a lot of questions and problems like , “what happens to the human resource then?”. What would happen to the people who were displaced by these machines. Unemployment would be a great problem. Furthermore, judging by the growing human population, by the 22nd century a lot of people would have no jobs. So, what could we do?

I could only speculate and base my answers on the sci-fi movies and books that I have seen and read. By the time that machines fully replace the human resource on this planet, space exploration and colonization of other planets would have its breakthroughs. The excess population and the other unemployed would have an option of starting fresh in another planets. All this things would still be in the very far future, so I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah Rhea Hernandez

PostSubject: 21st Century Corporations   Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Technically, we are already in the 21st century. From what I know, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, the 21st cebtury began on January 1, 2001 and will end December 31, 2100.

From what I have observed in the companies existing today, most of them are already in tuned with the latest advances in technology and are now applying it into their corporations.

With the way technology evolves, "an overnight sensation", as others may state it, I really don't have a clear picture how such changes can affect corporations, schools, the people and the world in the next coming years.

When people talk about the future or on how would the world or the corporations would change in the next few years, they have a common assumption that people will be wearing plastic made jumpsuits for work or that they will be driving airborne cars. In my own mind's eye, I think that throughout the 21st century corporations will have to reduce man power in some sectors of their company. Manpower becomes obsolete when compared to a fully automated machines. Example, when we talk about manufacturing companies whether it be a sardine, canned goods or even dress manufacturing companies, instead of employing people into their factories, the owners would rather use computers and technology that could execute the work needed. A few years from now, machines like that could be built so I believe that what I wrote about above is possible.

Questions like "Will the unemployment rate go up?" or "what will happen to human resource then" (just like what Jade have stated) will be brought up. I firmly belive that yes, the unemployment rate will go up but human resource will still be a vital part of every organization. Human resource has already been tested through time. No matter how advance the technology is, no matter how big, and advance the companies will be, human resource will still be there, growing stronger. As time and technology changes, the workers adapts to each of this changes and learns for it. Like today, a lot of people are already knowledgeable in manipulating computers and other devices. I think that the rate of people who will be "literate" in the world of computers will grow even larger everyday. Machines may replace humans in other areas in labor yet humans have already proven that they are the best technology ever bulit. Adaptive to change and always developing. Machnies can never replace man power in terms of customer service and even in programming softwares for such machines.

As a summary, I believe that throughout the 21st century, corporations will be using advanced technology and yet enpowering their human resource. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.woophie.blogspot.com
lynneth llemit

PostSubject: assignment #4   Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:44 pm

I believe the 21st century which is technically we are now,corporations is pacing faster along with the revolution of technology. Through modern technology, corporations around the globe will use technology to gain economies of scale, larger companies will harness technology to reduce the costs of complexity.

According to the article of John A. Byrne "The potential for productivity gains is everywhere, in every process, in every industry. The bigger the company and the larger its costs, the greater the opportunity to see tremendous efficiencies. In the years to come, large incumbent corporations that get it will be the greatest beneficiaries of the Net, not the dot-com insurgents that once garnered all the publicity and market valuations. though there were many factors that will drive the indurtries to accomplish thier missions,expanding through national boundaries, shifting toward intellectual capital and other changes their is nothing more important than the rising of internet technologies.

The internet gives everyone the widest possible information. The net is used by everyone in the organization from the lowest clerk to the chairman of the board, the ability to access every information needed can be zapped around the globe in just a blink of the eye. Corporations will also learn to expand network of external relationship. Through the use of internet, the far reaching farms of the supplier will be reach by seconds.That means that the 21st century corporation must adapt itself to management via the Web. "It must be predicated on the constant change. , not stability, organized around networks, not rigid hierarchies, built on shifting partnerships and alliances, not self-sufficiency, and constructed on technological advantages, not bricks and mortar. Already, old business models that emphasized fixed assets, working capital, and economies of scale have become increasingly vulnerable to nimbler organizations that employ new technologies to reduce costs." according to Byrne's article.

Companies in this century will recognize the real power of technology isn't just to make the business more efficent and productive but will also motivate the industries to transform. Much of it's transformations will involve on the companies relation with it's costumers. We live in the era of which choices of the consumers is unpredictable, of which products and services are almost a click away, companies must offer and cater a lot more than what the costumer had expected. however, leaders were practically going to be careful on applying the latest softwares.

21st century corporations will require new talents and skills of which are mastered for comapnies to survive. Manpower will always be a resource a corporate must have, it it one of the most important factor. Though, the use of machines is a great help to industries. Managers will have to construct new set of rules and guidepost to their brains. Leaders before thought that creating intense rivalries among competitors will motivate employees and would success in their goals., but later will realize that their greatest rival will have to be it's important collaborator. Instead of competing to each other, corporations will learn that in order to survive, thay must collaborate through partnerships but of course, it will be crucial.

All of this, is what i believe the 21st century-corporations. The fast-rising creation of industries. Armed with latest tecnologies,latest gadgets,machines,skilled manpower and new ideologies.

affraid
study

references:
http://www.businessweek.com/common_frames/ma_0035.htm?/2000/00_35/b3696011.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nylbloodshedder.blogspot.com/
charmaine_dayanan

PostSubject: 21st century corporations...   Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:50 pm

A Reflection: Concern on the New Technology Brought About by the 21st Century
My concept of a 21st corporations is within the following paragraphs.Exclamation

"Break down a larger problem so you'll know how to solve it. So let me take it slow."

Wikipedia defines a corporation as a legal personality, usually used to conduct business. Corporations exist as a product of corporate law, and their rules balance the interests of the shareholders that invest their capital and the employees who contribute their labour. People work together in corporations to produce. In modern times, corporations have become an increasingly dominant part of economic life. People rely on corporations for employment, for their goods and services, for the value of the pensions, for economic growth and social development.

By that definition alone, it's crystal clear that human resource is a major factor in the development of business especially in larger ones like corporations.

[Thanks to Ate Hannah's post, I now know the exact date when the 21st century really started.]
We are aware that we are now in the early phases of the 21st century - where everything changes in the height of technology advancements. Big companies nowadays adapt new innovations through the latest technologies ever available in the market so to catch with the newest trend and eventually, make bigger income. Even small enterprises and corporations alike take advantage of what is brought by technology to help make their gross income higher. Say, computer-operated machines instead of purely manual manpower production. I'm not saying this is bad. It's actually a big help to produce more yet lessen the effort of companies with regards to their productivity. But reducing efforts in limited time may also reduce the workforce.

In my general point of view, although I don't really have a perspective of how much or how less a company recruits or layoffs its manpower. With this latest innovations, less human resource are needed to make productions manually. All because it is already provided by these gadgets brought about by technology especially now in the 21st century where it is used widely.

Why am I stressing about the workforce, say the manpower? Because it is what I think, the most affected in a company's adaptation of technological innovations - especially in this century. You see, 21st century corporations look like more globally competitive, more creative in process, more adaptive to changing environment. Because they have to get with the standards set by the century itself. I visualize corporations like this in the future. Human resources will not be anymore the MOST major concern of the company's productivity. Well, it is still there to oversee or to use the computer-operated machines but my point is, major production is not done at least, manually. I agree with Jade Mijares' point that unemployment would be a problem in the growing population. Manpower is still there but only in the rank and file and not those who operates the production activity. I couldn't help thinking of the time that would come where there would be less people comprising in the world. In the birth of higher innovations, earth will be filled up with more machines than real humans.
Sad
scratch

My appreciation to the previous posts in this topics and the internet wiki, as well. Thanks for the ideas. It's great to know your opinions regarding this topic. study study lol!lol!lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angel mae brua

PostSubject: ...Company on the 21st Century...   Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:16 pm

[Hmmmm,i was merely mistaken about tje fact on 21st century. I thought that it the year in 21st century is on 2100, but it was the end of the 21st century. A really spoonky mistake.

Hmmmm. The company on 21st century?? Actually, as observed in our HRM company, they have there own facilities that are technological increases. There are computers, laptops, fax machine, xerox machine and other facility. But what about the future years

There was one news I guessed in Korea, the receptionist in one of the company there is automated human machine that can interact with people and can answers questions promptly. Here in our country as well, same as the Coca-Cola bottlers that they have there own factory which is automated by human with machines. The sealing of bottles, the making of bottles, the refilling, etc.

If the company today develop there own technologies, maybe in the year ahead, machines collaborate more than human resource. Maybe on the second hand, robots and androids takes place rather than humans. If and only the technology uprises in our country. But in accordance also to the uprising of technology, worldwide, i bet that our country as well might upclose to the technoloical advancement.

According to what Charmain have said, the human resouce is the great factor who might have affected on the uprising technology. Might as well, we are facing to environmental lost(Hope not). It might as well happen if and only the company may force to own specific land areas which may affect the environment. The fictional pictures of Final Fantasy might happen. Back to the topic. Everything we have right now may grow in accordance. Company in this century may take the competency globally, catch the latest issues on how there company developed. There will be more company producing much impact to the technology.

However, like Jade have said, what will happen to the human resource? A question may be answered negatively like less ooportunities to human because the evolution of artificial is also on the nth level, or maybe postively, in such that human is still the basic and most important key in every company. However, this question is still a big "?".

Through the increasing technological advancement, there are some factors that we unconciously neglecting or vice versa. Hope that in the year ahead, we still think not only on our future but for our children(soon), as well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gelaneam.blogspot.com
felix sumalinog jr

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 pm

CORPORATIONS IN 21st CENTURY

Corporations are shifting from a place for production to a place for knowledge creation particularly if the fields of microelectronics and information sciences. Corporations engage in new technologies that make production cost-effective to produce more competitive products and to accelerate innovation.

The heart of 21st-century corporations are information technology, planning and control systems, data processes that are designed to help management make sound strategic choices and ensure efficient implementation of business and this is done with the use of world-wide-web technology. Corporate mergers continue. San Miguel Corp. had merged with Coca-Cola Corp. and banks like Equitable Bank and PCI Bank are examples of corporate merging. These are only one way companies are taking over more territory and technology.

Corporations confront issues from the rapid-fire expansion of the service-based economy to the impact of deregulation and globalization in the 21st century. The globalization of markets and competition, the rapid maturation of the information age, the expansion of the service-based economy, the impact of deregulation and privatization, the explosion of the knowledge revolution—these forces are driving corporations to fundamentally rethink their business models and radically transform their organizational capabilities.

Companies undergo waves of restructuring, downsizing, reengineering, de-layering, empowerment, and organizational learning to make it more competent and efficient worldwide. Large established multinationals or smaller companies continue expanding rapidly into overseas markets. It is imperative for corporations and private organizations to view themselves as active participants in a competitive, global business environment

Reference:
www.hbswk.hbs.edu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael george guanzon

PostSubject: assign. #4   Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:05 am

21st Century Corporations

The 21st century corporation Sparked by new technologies, particularly the Internet, the corporation is undergoing a radical transformation that is nothing less than a new Industrial Revolution. This time around, the revolution is reaching every corner of the globe and in the process, rewriting the rules laid down by Sloan, Henry Ford, and other Industrial Age giants. The 21st century corporation that emerges will in many ways be the polar opposite of the organizations they helped shape.

Indeed, if you've worked as a manager for at least a decade, you can forget much of what you've learned so far. Prepare to toss out your business-school case studies and set aside many of the time-honored principles that have guided generations of managers. The vast changes reshaping the world's business terrain are that far-reaching, that fundamental, and that profound. ''We're not witnessing just a little change in our economy,'' says David Ticoll, chief executive of Digital 4Sight Systems & Consulting Ltd., a business think tank and consulting firm. ''This is an epochal change in the history of production.''

To survive and thrive in this century, managers will need to hard-wire a new set of rules and guideposts into their brains. Not so long ago, for example, leaders believed that building assets over the long haul guaranteed competitive advantage. In this new century, success will go to the companies that partner their way to a new future, not those that put heavy assets onto their balance sheets. Leaders once thought that creating intense rivalries among competitors motivated their employees and assured success. But in the days to come, a company's fiercest competitor might also be its most important collaborator. Since the dawn of trade, every business leader has wanted to build an enduring enterprise. In the new century, though, many companies will be intentionally ephemeral, formed to create new technologies or products only to be absorbed by sponsor companies when their missions are accomplished.

Reference:
http://www.businessweek.com/common_frames/ma_0035.htm?/2000/00_35/b3696011.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: 21st Century Corporation   Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:32 am

Corporation is one of the legal forms of business organization and is said to be the biggest and most complicated one. It is being operated by people, each are of different power posse, from the higher positions to the lower one. Now a day, almost every corporation uses high technology in their operation to make it easier and to give the company great service as well as fast and quick work and job.

In order to compete with the growing businesses in this fast changing and high technology age, companies must use the latest technology. This can be made possible through the help of people who knows the information on how to adopt and implement this technology. We are now on the first few years of the 21st century and it is a common fact I every corporation or organization that it people are very much needed. One cannot imagine a company without computers on it.Technological changes have displaced the hierarchical corporation as the model for business organization; the large corporations of the new century are decentralizing and externalizing, creating networks of "industry ecosystems" that will replace the top-down organizations of the last century. It is the technology that helps and made the corporation compete. In the next years to come, expect the unexpected reign of technology in every organization through the help of IT people. Ball pens and papers are needed anymore. Everything’s done with just one click of the mouse. Everything is just so easy with computers around.

Brilliant minds are undeniable these days and no one can imagine until where those minds can go. There is no limitation and nobody knows what will exactly happen in the next few years. But one is thing is certain ; technology develops fast, very fast and unstoppable and within a blink of an eye, the most impossible thing you think is the most possible thing you’ll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
venus s. millena

PostSubject: 21st century   Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:11 am

Embarassed Twenty-first century is the age of breakthroughs and almost all aspects of life.

Everything has changed from primitive into innovative and technical industry. These innovative and

technical industry is taking part in your life such as computers and electronics gadgets. Nowadays, almost

all industry is getting powerful and more advance. These blazing changes in industry simply because

there are people involve.

Actually, Human is the heart of the company, without human resources a company will not stand

nor created. Human is the foundation to ones company to improve and develop but today, it is being

forgotten. The importance of human resource is deprived, neglected and oppressed. It is because of the

rapid increase of human resources in which not proportion to the number of opportunities to get hired on a

job. This generation, employees are very easy to replace and retrenched.Downsizing or reducing of

employees is part of the drastic changes happen in our society. In order for an individual to be employed,

he must be competent and best among others.

This observation is real, this is currently experience and to be encountered by us.

alien
jocolor geek queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaymar melecio

PostSubject: corporation in 21st century   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 am

Corporation in the 21st Century

According to Google corporation is a group of persons granted a state charter legally recognizing them as a separate entity having its own rights, privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members. The process of incorporating should be completed with the state's secretary of state or state corporate counsel and usually requires the services of an attorney. In the definition, it was clearly stated that it refers to the rights, privileges of the group.

We are now actually living in a 21st century where technology most largely developed by human. The rapid change in our environment would surely make a big role in our society upon the days goes by. Well, I am not really particular on what will be the structure or changes of an organization during this period. Two things comes out on my mind, it maybe better for everyone's living or it may lead us to difficulty. As we go along with this rapid changes most of the people would surely feel better. Technologies will affect the daily living of a simple person and it can render us many uses. It may also lead us to difficulty. Why? Well, there will be a disadvantage when an advantage occur. First and for most is that Most of the people during this period will forget to practice the GREEN CAMPUS COMPUTING where it can harm us and can put us into danger.

The effective use of technology in a corporation or company will greatly increase its effectiveness in producing worthwhile services and / or products. Therefore technology during the 21st period is highly used as a common resource of manpower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
athina_alorro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Exclamation Assignment #4

It's a fact that technology advancement has become one of the major factor to almost anyone and anything in this world--including Corporations.
This is my own perspective on what the 21st century corporations looks like, I would describe it in 2 points:

1. More innovation.
In connection with my introduction,I think technology will be an important factor for the major corporations in the 21st century(..and that includes now). There will be a lot of inventing and introduction of new technology not only fo the consumer's benefit but also for the corporation to have efficiency and effectiveness in producing products/services for the public.
Based on observation, there are a lot of corporations nowadays that invest on machines rather than human beings to be the "workforce" of their company..and who knows what it will do for the near future..?
Soon (if we're not careful enough) , there would be a possibility that human resource will be replaced by machines..
(and it maybe sooner than we think.so watch out..)

2.) More competitive.
As what I observe now, corporations have become more and more competitive to each other when it comes to strategic planning.
In connection to my 1st point, corporation even use technology as an asset for them to outwit their competitors.
Because more and more investment are made, therefore more creative strategic plans are needed for them to effectively sell their products/services .And as a consumer myself, I can testify to that. *thinking* ..what will they come up next..?

To sum up, corporations now and in the next 100 years or even longer, they will cater more innovations and will be more and more competitive to survive in this fragile world of business
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.athina09.blogspot.com
Jerusalem M. Alvaira

PostSubject: 21st century Corporations   Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Arrow We are now living in the century where technology is fast-changing and because of technology, our way of living also changed. 21st century corporations also improved. In terms of their infrastructures, they use architectural designs that will not only make their offices attractive but also, to ensure most especially, the protection of their employees by following the recommended safety standards in their buildings.

In line with their human resource management, they have state of the art facilities installed with the latest softwares that are capable of storing and preserving the confidentiality of their corporation’s as well as their employee’s informations to prevent any circumstances that could lead to the downfall of the corporation or company. There are some companies which used punch cards for the employee’s timing in and out of the office were replaced with fingerprint scanning which is convenient and impossible to fake. Examples of which are hotels. Moreover, they will have globally competitive employees who are able to work under pressure. They give importance to the rights and privileges of their employees to make them stay and to make them do their best in doing their work. However, here in the Philippines, a number of companies undergo downsizing because of the bad economy.

Lastly, with the help of modern technology, the 21st century corporations will be able to become more efficient in improving the quality of their products in order for them to serve their customers, gain good profit and become competitive.

Exclamation Time will come, those corporations that use modern technology will become GIANTS in the business world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jerusalemalvaira.blogspot.com/
Fatima Paclibar

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:15 pm

The 21st century Corporation

We are currently living in the 21st century – the Information Age. Corporation targets to go global,where technology plays the most important role. The Corporation is undergoing radical transformation, the new Industrial Revolution.

Many factors, from the need to expand beyond national borders to the inexorable shift toward intellectual capital, are driving change, but none is more important than the rise of Internet technologies which provides accessibility to information--instantaneously, from anywhere and ideas can be zapped around the globe in the blink of an eye. Adapt and management of corporation via the Web.

Thus, the corporation will need to nurture an array of formal and informal networks to ensure that these ideas can speed into development. In the near future, companies will call on outside contractors to assemble teams of designers, prototype producers, manufacturers, and distributors to get the job done. Emerging technologies will allow employees and freelancers anywhere in the world to converse in numerous languages online without the need for a translator. ''The gap between what we can imagine and what we can achieve has never been smaller,'' says Gary Hamel.

The 21st century Corporation, in contrast, is far more likely to look like a web: a flat, intricately woven form that links partners, employees, external contractors, suppliers, and customers in various collaborations. The players will grow more and more interdependent. Fewer companies will try to master all the disciplines necessary to produce and market their goods but will instead outsource skills--from research and development to manufacturing--to outsiders who can perform those functions with greater efficiency.

By using information to manage themselves and better serve their customers, companies will be able to do things cheaper, faster, and with far less waste. To keep ahead of the steep new-product curve, it will be crucial for businesses to attract and retain the best thinkers. The company of the future will call on talent and resources--especially intellectual capital--wherever they can be found around the globe, just as it will sell its goods and services around the globe. The Internet is a tool, and the biggest impact of that tool is speed.

At the very core of the 21st century corporation is technology, or what most people today call digitization. Put simply, digitization means removing human minds and hands from an organization's most routine tasks and replacing them with computers and networks. Digitizing everything from employee benefits to accounts receivables to product design cuts time, cost, and people from operations, resulting in huge savings and vast improvements in speed.

The truly great 21st century companies will recognize that the real power of technology is not just the ability to make a business more efficient but also its potential to spark transformative change. Much of that change will involve the company's relationship with its customers.

Reference:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen Palero

PostSubject: 21st Century Corps.   Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:22 pm

As I have observed (and remembered) starting from the year 2001 up until now, business organizations (companies,corporations,etc.) have been so competitive and creative. They took advantage of the 'fast-rising' technology, particularly the Internet. Almost all business organizations have their online 'extension'. Primarily, maybe because they are aware that most people surf the Net and the advertisements through the Net is quite effective. Not only of advertising the Net is capable of, because through the Net they can also sell their products and have a greater profit online.

Indeed, the 21st century (most)business organizations rely on Internet Technology.
But as I said, business organizations had been so competitive that those on the top shouldn't stay calm, because the competitors behind them are undeniably being competitive. They are striving hard to stay where they are or go further.

Financially, businesses today can only have a high profit if they are managing well their businesses. *Business organizations today depends not only on Web Management but also with: Information Management, Mass Customization, Intellectual Capital, it's being Universal and Quickness.*

In the breach of Internet Technology the 'techie-guys' are the most essential worker, although the presence of others would still be felt..hehe^^

I can't say so much about business organization's HRM, because I haven't done any close observation yet.

Last edited by Karen Palero on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karainie.blogspot.com
kate_mariel_dizon

PostSubject: 21st century corporations   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:10 pm

Let me define 'technology' in my own words: technology is an infinite and desperate journey towards the always far future. Why do I say that? As you might have noticed, no matter how hard you try to get the latest fads in technology, you can never stay ahead. Every now and then, a new gadget comes out, new technology is discovered or created, and you find that you're left behind again. How can you keep up with that? Scientists and inventors always try to create things they call "technology of the future". Hello? If they created those today, wouldn't they be called technology of "today" instead of the future? Laughing I can say that technology is a desperate effort to get a hold of the future, which, in my opinion, is impossible.

The 21st century, a century envisioned by many as the time when technology will be etched into everything that we see, when the sky wouldn't seem too high up with buildings already cutting through its magnificent tapestry.

Everyday we hear news about forests being cut down, mountains being flattened, and new buildings being erected. There are already countless skyscrapers, with state-of-the-art designs and who-knows-whats inside, and with more on the way. Surely, corporate buildings pop up from the ground like mushrooms after a rainy day. Corporations nowadays cannot stand and prosper without the help of technology because even before the 21st century, technology has already taken humans off the corporate pedestal.

What do I think will 21st century corporations look like? I can see the answer clearly in my head or rather, I can see it around me. Corporations are becoming more and more mechanical. I see people doing less with machines doing most of the work. This I can relate to the previous topic, downsizing. It almost makes me wonder, are humans really the ones running the corporations? From what I can see, corporations have just become living machines. I cannot say if this is good or bad but it probably has its share of both. I can foretell that 21st century corporations will become more dependent on technology and once technology has a glitch and fails, the corporation will fall with it. This imperfection in technology is where human intervention is needed so there is still a place for us in the corporate world.

Like technology, humans cannot stop evolving or improving. We, as the pioneers of improvement and progress, the ones who made for technology a place where it can be used to its fullest, must rightfully take our place back in the corporate arena. This is my wish for 21st century corporations because I think that we're heading towards the opposite. As far as human imagination and innovation is concerned, there is no limit to what corporations can look like tomorrow. They can become huge structures whose shadows cast looming predicaments over the city on which it stands. And inside will be an array of technology that only the capable can afford to integrate into their scheme of things and only the knowledgeable can operate. The need for human resources will significantly decrease as only few will be needed to run the entire corporation. Lowly jobs will be the only ones left for humans to do.

If we combine these thoughts about technology, the 21st century and corporations, we get today. The 21st century is no longer a dream that many people wish to come true because the 21st century is today. Look around you and you will see that it's true. Listen around you and you will hear that it's true. Think about it and you will know that it's true... study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.katemarieldizon.blogspot.com
Natalie Marie G. Bama

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:25 pm

In the 21st century, many things have been developed and one of these is the corporation. The 21st corporations nowadays are highly competitive and innovative. One of the factors that affect the development of a corporation is technology. Very Happy
Many large companies are using newly invented technologies to create great products that will satisfy the needs of their consumers. One of the products of technology is Internet. The company's customers, distributors, and suppliers can use the Internet to place orders, find out when shipments will arrive, and check payment records - without having to speak to a customer-service representative. That allows employees to shift from low-value repetitive work to improving services that build stronger customer relationships. cheers
Few years from now, the rapid growth of technologies would be rampant and many corporations will grab the opportunity to use it in order for them to survive in the industry and acquire more benefits. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ailaine adaptar

PostSubject: the 21st century?   Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:08 pm

21st century? Hmm… scratch
Considering the pace of technology,.. I believe that corporations would reach into the point that transactions would involve high technology gadgets. Corporations had therefore the potential to become very powerful.

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. ... corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864
(letter to Col. William F. Elkins)
Ref: “The Lincoln Encyclopedia”, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950, NY)

That's the trouble that threatens affraid me!! Hmmpppp!

As a result of progress coming from economic freedom and globalization, the company in recent years has seen an increase in its strength compared to governments and other institutions,
while at the same time proving itself to be the main generator of wealth, progress and development.
Corporations therefore start the 21st century with more power than ever previously enjoyed.

lol!

References:
http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Corporations/Rise.asp
http://www.barcelona2004.org/eng/banco_del_conocimiento/documentos/ficha.cfm?IdDoc=1616#top
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.adaptarailaine.blogspot.com/
vanessamay caneda

PostSubject: 21st century corporation..   Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:14 pm

bounce 21st century is said to be the century of Common Era, a part of the 3rd millenium.

Modern technology rises and it brought big impact to everyone's life. As years goes by, technology improves. It makes everyone's way of life changed. Every now and then new technology created to improve the way of life of every people and to make work done more easier and challenging.

Since we are in the 21st century, Corporations are now also engaged in the fast pace technology. 21st century corporations are more efficient and innovated compared before. That is because of the so called modern technology we had now. The use of technology will make their businesses more competitive and ready to face the world of chaos. They undergo a radical transformation as far as competition is concerned. They see to it that they will not be dumped by others. They make use of some technology that will produce good products preferrably for the consumption of humans and thus satisfy the demand of every consumers. Latest softwares are also developed to input corporation's confidential facts without doing it manually. Because of it the work is done more simpler without being pressured. Likewise, Internet is widely used now. Through internet, they establish good communication in terms of business with their distributors and suppliers.

Based on what I've observed, corporations in this century make used of those brilliant machines unlike before that work is done by human's workforce. Maybe in the fast few years work must be done by robots. Pity to those people who really need work because they couldn't have it at all because of the latest technology trend. As far as I know, human is the heart of the company or corporation but now I guess it's the machine that takes place. Well technology somewhat gives advantage and disadvantage in anyone's life. It makes work done better and easier but it will make some people's life undergo a big change. bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ida Karla Duguran

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:44 pm

The 21st century corporations would look like a showcase of a modernized showroom with computerized, digital and soft touch gadgets run by less human resources/man-power due to the immersion of robotics technology.

High-rise buildings would then display glass-windows with Solar system designed to adopt the rules or movement of program with fine awareness on global warming promoting also the knowledge on greenhouse effects.

Everything is systematically and easily done with the help of the computers that would somehow be the outlet of any communication displayed with colored receptions and finest resolutions.

Impressive latest technology advancement would definitely capture the attention of the whole world. Broadcast media, multimedia, all are but tubes to latest inventions that bringforth knowledge and skills to every human being.

However, unemployment may soon rise due to the latest technological inventions which would do and function what humans would. Fast, finest, effective and impressive change may conquer the world's attention due to lots of upgraded and latest inventions. Economic-wise this is the trend to the 21st Century. Suspect

king Visit my blog for your comments..
http://ikarla-shouts.blogspot.com
king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melgar John Gascal

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 am

I think the 21st-century corporations will look like what we call "high-tech". As far as we know, new technologies these days are rapidly produced. Therefore, of course, corporations will really adopt the new trends in technology. They will be using these new technologies to operate their companies and to make their companies become successful and progressive. Of course, we will expect that there will be lesser manpower because the machines which are newly invented that time, will be the one who will do all the work easier and what the company needs are those skilled workers who can operate these newly invented technologies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kate karen rasonable

PostSubject: companies in the 21st century   Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:21 am

Same with angel mae brua, i also thought that 2100 is the start of the 21st century, but when jade told us that the 21st is century is from 2000-2099,i feel quite relieved because I can't imagine of a more "high tech" world than today.

Aside from going through a period of creativity and diversifications, companies today are really fast growing and keeps on improving as time goes by. Most of them adopt the modern world or should I say the "virtual world". Computers has been (I think) ruling the world nowadays together with the Internet industry that has become a commercial entity that exploded to the global scene in which such medium is widely used by companies as part of their strategies in competing with others. They took this advantage to enter the world market in a sense that this makes them more competitive.

The virtual world offers all of the benefits of the real world plus the ability to combine advertising, marketing, promotion and many more all in the same medium without spending a huge amount of capital. With just a click away, companies are now capable of introducing their companies and market their products to the world. This is a great marketing opportunity ever.

Today, there are so many brilliant and creative people working in this medium and is bound to come up with more great ideas. In line with this and such technological advancements and the benefits that the companies acquire with it's help, we can expect for a better and more competitive companies in the future generations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookywoolybullyblogspot.com
Dolorosa G. Mancera

Location : Door 2 Bermejo Apartment, MAgallanes St. Davao City

PostSubject: AssignmEnt 4   Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:25 am

Corporation, as defined by our online dictionary, is a group of people combined into or acting as one body. It is a body that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own rights, privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members.

As a result of progress coming from economic freedom and globalizations, the company in recent years has seen an increase in its strength compared to governments and other institutions, while at the same time proving it to be the main generator of wealth, progress and development. Corporations therefore start the 21st century with more power than ever previously enjoyed. This increase in power brings with it greater responsibility. 21st century Corporation is required to have greater social participation in terms of its “civic” involvement and must also provide value for the entire society in which it functions with initiatives that are not just limited to its strict area of activity. This is what is known as corporate social responsibility.

At the very core of the 21st century corporation is technology, or what most people today call digitization.Digitization means removing human minds and hands from an organization's most routine tasks and replacing them with computers and networks.Sparked by new technologies, particularly the Internet, the corporation is undergoing a radical transformation that is nothing less than a new Industrial Revolution. This time around, the revolution is reaching every corner of the globe. The 21st century corporation that emerges will in many ways be the polar opposite of the organizations they helped shape. The Net gives everyone in the organization, from the lowliest clerk to the chairman of the board, the ability to access a mind-boggling array of information--instantaneously, from anywhere. Instead of seeping out over months or years, ideas can be zapped around the globe in the blink of an eye. That means that the 21st century corporation must adapt itself to management via the Web.There is no one company today that embodies all the possibilities and promise of the superefficient 21st century corporation.

study Very Happy study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roy laurentino cuevas

PostSubject: assignment no.4   Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:24 pm

We can't deny the fact that technology is getting better and better, I think almost everyday. And this technology that is constantly evolving is used by us to make our lives better. Like, for example, cellphones. We almost always see new models of different brands of cellphones in displays of cellphone shops and also in TV commercials. These newer cellphones have newer and more useful functions that make the user contented.

This also happens in corporations. With the aid of new technology, their work is getting more efficient and more fast. And with the Internet, 21st century corporations are developing new ways to market their products. Companies that sell products could sell their products more by advertising or promting it in the Net, or simply they could sell it there.

But I hope that people will not get a negative effect on the issue of human resource. Just because there are computers doesn't mean that there are less jobs. There are so many jobs available. Its just that there are tasks that only computers can do. I think there will always be human intervention in corporations and the like.

There is also an issue here that may concern 21st century corporations that may be really good or really bad:
"Technology developments show no sign of ending. Communications and control technology continues to augment the intelligence of individual humans, collections of humans, and machines. Cultures are forced into the position of sharply defining humanity and determining boundaries on desire, thought, communication, behavior, and manufacturing. Some, notably Ray Kurzweil have predicted that by the middle of the century there will be a Technological Singularity if artificial intelligence that outsmart humans is created. If these AIs then create even smarter AI's technological change will accelerate in ways that are impossible for us to foresee. (However, gradual and simultaneous use of AI technology to increase our own intelligence might prevent this from ever occurring.)"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_century#

I think it's up to 21st century corporations if they use this(if it ever comes to this), for the better or for the worse of the people.

\m/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kathy kay feranil

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:38 pm

bounce Today's fast-changing business environment poses major challenges for corporations. The modern technology is one of the major forces that is responsible for the radical changes that are going on among the business firms today. As what i read and heard , corporations, nowadays are becoming more competetive and more innovative and adopt the news trends in technology in this modern age.

bounce The 21st century corporation also requires an array of new skills, all of which must be mastered for leaders to gain the upper competitive hand. Globalization has opened new markets. Deregulation has broken down industry boundaries. Venture capital has funded thousands of new tech-savvy insurgents who now threaten incumbents. And the ever-ubiquitous Web has brought the potential for remarkable gains in productivity--but also for frightening deflationary pressures. All these forces are fast propelling the creation of new business models in the 21st century, models that will look nothing like the once-healthy and seemingly invincible enterprises of an earlier age.
bounce Still, corporations have a way of flourishing under changing circumstances.Tthe corporate form itself has a good deal of flexibility. Many corporations have already begun to adjust to the new realities of the Creative Economy--by allowing power to tilt from the sources of capital toward the sources of ideas, by embedding themselves in fertile corporate ecosystems, and by adopting codes of social responsibility to win the trust of a wary public. Legally, a corporation is a person--a person who is potentially immortal. Let's see how these ageless characters handle the next 100 years.

http://www.businessweek.com/common_frames/ma_0035.htm?/2000/00_35/b3696002.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyssa Rae Soriano

PostSubject: 21st century.♥   Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:03 pm

21st century starts on January 1, 2001 up to December 31, 2100. hMmm.Obviously,we are on the 21st century. And as what sir Gamboa said on our previous discussion that we just dont belong in the generation X, but we are on the technology age. The changes that we encounter nowadays are because of the DIGITAL REVOLUTION. More people are dealing things technically rather than manually. We are getting dependent on what the new technology are giving us. And without noticing it, our environment is on the real danger. Exclamation

Even if there are danger on our environment caused by the continuous booming of our technology, we cant deny that technology really made our lives much easier and comfortable. Very Happy

Speaking of technology, people nowadays can have a job without going to offices. Especially on IT people like us, we can have our job done just by sitting at home. Just one click and there comes the data that we need.cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilyn_mapalo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Idea Corporation is a business in which large numbers of people are organized so that their labor and capital are combined in a single venture.Modern corporations include not only profit-making firms but also educational,scientific,recreational,charitable and religious organizations. Like a Star @ heaven

Idea The size and economic power of some industrial agglomerations have long been a subject of controversy. Many of today's corporations have thousands of employees and control billions of dollars in assets. Like a Star @ heaven

Idea The enormous debts taken by the new companies often left them too weakened to find new technologies or compete in contracting markets. Added to it was the intense competition propelled by integration of world markets,freer trade, and new technologies.Thus, in this 21st century,companies were forced to become more efficient,reduce costs, and compete more effectively to survive in the new global village. And also, a rash of bankruptcies and corporate restructuring and downsizing to meet new realities. In the wake, hundreds of thousands of workers lost their jobs,lenders went unpaid,retirees lost pensions, and unwary stockholders lost their investments. Like a Star @ heaven

Idea Now, large corporations in general, and multinational corporations in particular, will face new challenges to their operational autonomy, investment safety, and profitability as they evolve and adapt to meet new societal expectations. New global forces in the form of international agencies and internationally linked religious and other public-interest groups will be monitoring their performance to ensure that their activities benefit all concerned parties. Like a Star @ heaven Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by ilyn_mapalo on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosemie Nunez

PostSubject: What do you think will the 21st -century corporations look like?   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 am

Today, most of all the corporations or should i say all of the corporations cannot function well without the computers and the newly created technologies. And because of these "high tech" things, it can make their work faster and more organized than manual.

Soon, it looks like computers will take over the job of some people. Like for example, our education, I can imagine that later on, students will attend their classes not in the classrooms anymore but by only facing in the computer, they can learn exactly the same way like going to school everyday like we are doing today. No need to worry on your fare in the PUV or oil price hike if you have car. It does not matter anymore if you live in Philippines, Mexico, US or other places in the world because it is also possible that your classmates can be in the other side of the world.No need to travel far to learn because it is just a one click away.

The technology today is getting better and better and soon it will be the best! But we must always remember to take good care of our environment because it is not like the computer that have undo, redo and retrieve. If we make a mistake that can destroy our environment we cannot apply here the undo, refresh and retrieve. We will all experience the consequences. Smile

VISIT MY BLOG and LEAVE A COMMENT:
http://rosemiepn.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marren Joy Pequiro

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:16 am

The 21st Century Corporations

As the google defines,corporations is the most common form of business organization, and one which is chartered by a state and given many legal rights as an entity separate from its owners. This form of business is characterized by the limited liability of its owners, the issuance of shares of easily transferable stock, and existence as a going concern.

So as asked what does the 21st century corporations look like? Technically, we could considered that our generation belongs to the 21st century in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, the 21st century began on January 1, 2001 and will end December 31, 2100.

Based on what I observed, most of the corporations right now uses unconventional system. They think out of the box. Their perspective when we talk about business is not the usual mainstream anymore. The 21st century corporations will be leaner in terms of human resources due to outsourcing of administration works such as accounting, hiring, payroll and other business and support needs. There were improvement of information system due also to the development of our technology.

The corporations have lessen their used of manual operation system. And most of all, lesser manpower because machines are widely used. They considered more of these high technology innovations because of the efficiency and easier job brought by these things. Therefore, I conclude that the 21st century corporations look like a more competitive, convenient and innovative one.

Source:
http://www.investorwords.com/1140/corporation.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ymrebmomville

PostSubject: 21st century corporations   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 pm

As we look around us today, its obvious that technology fuels almost all companies. It is really amazing when a man first walked on the moon, when Microsoft created the first computers, and when technology began to play vital role in our corporations. Through science, people discovered different things. They engineered many gadgets just to provide answers to all our problems. Thus, improving our lifestyle.

As our technology soars high, people rejoice, but others fear. Since technology make a difference in all corporations, employers thought that it would be better to replace man power with technology. Workers hesitate to accept machines that sooner or later will make them jobless.

Well, that's the disadvantage on employees part. Technology is not bad in itself. Its just a tool that needs to be used properly in order to maximize benefits.

21st century corporation keep on prospering. The impossible becomes possible. Difficult can become easy.

"I think it's fair to say that computers have become the most empowering tool we've ever created. They're tools of communication, they're tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user."
Bill Gates -

As Bill Gates stated, no matter how powerful the technology is, it is still the users who controlled it. What I'm trying to say is that though 21st century corporations uses advance technology, there's no point for the employees not to accept it since its not the technology which will fire them, its the company. Though technology is also a cause for human resource downsizing let us consider that technology also prevents downsizing. How? Technology increases production, thus increasing the income. Since cost-cutting is the primary cause of downsizing, it is helpful if the company will earn more because of technology. If the industry earns more, there's no reason for lay-off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
michelle adlawan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:19 pm

We are obviously now in the 21st century where all sort of changes occur. Technology had been fully developed during the years and people are now more equipped (hopefully) with these said transformations.

Corporations, large and small, are now into developing new strategies where they can increase their power and profits. Technically speaking, more innovations and improvement had been applied and its easier now to do jobs in such a way that its now efficient and effective for the employers and especially for the employees. These corporations create technological changes and are well-appointed with wide range of transformations that are more furnished and equipped. Companies right now, as what i observed, have been building large breakthroughs through the society. Workers right now are more enhanced with technology so their works would be now easier and faster than before. In addition, these large scale of adaptation to the modern technology of today, employees and as well the employers as a part of the resources in the company, had become more functional with the use of the newly invented machines in this new era. Human resource are more accessible because of the need of the companies to develop high standard of employees that are capable of doing the jobs in the company.

Moreover, corporations had adapted the industrial revolution and are more seen to be willing and open for certain transformations in order for their companies progress. And as a forecast of the future, probably 10 years from now...corporations would be now able to set rules of more new innovative and creative achievement in their field and set tool to a ground-breaking change of modernization and innovation.

pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeanette_japitan

PostSubject: 21st century corporation   Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:05 pm

The 21st Century Corporation

Arrow The 21st century Corporation is said to be the great transformation and management by web. It is a great transformation because we cannot deny that now a day each one of us is using the technology such as cell phones and internet. Because of the technology specifically Internet the corporation is undergoing a major transformation.

Many will be involved of the great transformation like the employees, they will increasingly feel the pressure to get breakthrough ideas to market first. The company will call on talent and resources--especially intellectual capital just as to sell its goods and services around the globe. The great 21st century leaders, however, isn't just about intellectual application of the latest software it’s about culture and mind set. The 21st century companies will recognize that the real power of technology is not just the ability to make a business more efficient but also its potential to spark transformative change. Much of that change will involve the company's relationship with its customers.

Idea To sum up, I believe that few years from now we are all the beneficiaries of the technology and probably some of the companies will not survive without technology. To other people will they like it or not they must accept that in the near future technology will be rule.
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: 21st century corporations   Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 pm

We are in the 21st century right now, and for me, these century will be a century of progress, productivity and development because there will be new technologies that will arise.

These new technologies today are one of the main reasons why corporations today become more productive and competitive, and also, because of humans who operate this technologies, it become more useful to the corporations.

Manpower in a corporation is very important because they are the ones who makes the corporations grow because they are the ones who are working. But there are some corporations today that depends on big machines, although they have manpower, but they were less. And maybe in the next 30 to 50 years, machines and robots will rule in companies and corporations. These can make corporations more productive and competetive. But what about the people? There will be some corporations that will still need manpower, but depends more on big machines.

For me, there is no doubt that corporations in the 21st century will grow and will become more productive and competitive because of new technologies. But these new technologies will not be useful to the corporation if they were not handled or operated by humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanya Clarissa G. Amancio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:51 pm

cyclops The 21st Century Corporation Look Like??

We are living in this fast changing world because of technology. As I observed, new
technologies, particularly the Internet and high-tech gadgets are now arising. In these years, almost people are using these said technologies. Manpower is important because they are the one who are working but there are companies now that using big machines that's why they provide you with product knowledge, experience and the tools to improve your business performance. The corporation is undergoing a radical transformation that is nothing less than a new Industrial Revolution.The revolution is reaching every corner of the globe and in the process,
rewriting the rules laid down by Sloan, Henry Ford, and other Industrial Age giants. The 21st century
corporation that emerges will in many ways be the polar opposite of the organizations they helped shape.

The turn of the millennium is now based to software. Software is an idea; which people can make a programs and inventions. Through technology, jobs can be more efficient. Redundancy are reduced and less time consumed because of the database systems used in companies. In the 21st century, corporations will have great benefits in their workers. They are more competitive because they have the privilege to know some ideas so that corporations will undergo a major transformations.

lol! lol!
No Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
febe mae florentino

PostSubject: Assignment No. 4   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 pm

bounce 21st Century Corporations bounce

Obviously, we are in the 21st century where most of the corporation is undergoing a radical transformation.

The very core of today's century corporation is technology, or what people called it digitization. It means replacing human minds and hands in the organization with computers and networks.

Digitizing everything from employee benefits to accounts receivables to product design cuts time, cost, and people from operations, resulting in huge savings and vast improvements in speed.

In this case, the concept of Human Resource Management is being neglected. As what I've known, humans or people are the one who is possible for the success of the company. Even though technology makes the work faster and easier, the employees in the organization are being affected because the tendency is that they will not have a work anymore.

Having technology in our generation is good when it is being used in the right way!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jealou azucena

PostSubject: 21st century corporation   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:41 am

First let me define corporation...as what i have understand and read
corporation is a society or group of people acting as one...(correct me if im wrong...)

what do the 21st century corporation look like?

For me, the 21st century corporation would be best explained by the word TECHNOLOGY.
With the coming of computer, new softwares and Internet technologies corporations of the
21st century are more
innovative and competitive in terms of efficiency, mass customization, speed and production.
This also means that IDEAS would be considered a great asset in corporations.
To adapt to the fast changing paces of technology, corporations need IDEA-ORIENTED,
HIGHLY INTELLECTUAL, TALENTED,SKILLFUL and COMPETENT
employees.

...hmmm...however technological transformation also means removal of
human minds and hands from corporation since certain skills are no longer
needed...(oh...i hope not...Let us use technology, don't let technology use us.)

In conclusion I would say that the core of the 21st century
corporations is technology and that only corporations willing to embrace
technological changes can survive this era.
(...and oh!today is the 21st century...)

JEALOU L. AZUCENA BSIT-3
"i love magic..."
lol! pls comment...chun man yeyo...lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
efasde

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 am

=21st Century Corporation=

Shocked Shocked Shocked
21st century would be the spark of new technologies, particularly the internet and the real asset is IDEAS. It would go more with software and the ability to access a mind boggling array of information instantly in any place. Corporation nowadays, in order to thrive in this technological century would undergo transformation and that is a new Industrial Revolution which would reach every corner of the globe. However, intense rivalries among competitors would surely take place.
Embarassed
This means that 21st century corporation must adopt itself to management through the web. Ideas or information can be easily found or transmit around the globe in the blink of an eye. Employees will increasingly feel the pressure to get breakthrough ideas to market first. Thus, the the corporation will need to nurture an array of formal and informal networks to ensure that these ideals can speed into development. Emerging technologies will allow employees and freelancers anywhere in the world to converse online and can work together in real time. "The gap between what we can imagine and what we can achieve has never been smaller." -Gary Hamel(consultant and author of Leading the revolution)
Embarassed

In contrast, 21st century corporation is far more likely to look like a web: a flat, intricate by woven form that links partners, employees, external contractors, suppliers and customers in various collaborations. Fewer companies will try to master all the disciplines necessary to produce and market their goods but will instead outsource skills-from research and development to manufacturing-to outsiders who can perform those functions with great efficiency. Its more about bits or information, instead of focusing solely on managing the corporation's physical assets. Companies will need to build a deep reservoir of talent because technology will let competitors watch or exceed them almost instantly, include both employees and free agents to succeed in their new era. But attracting and retaining on elite workforce will require more than huge paychecks.
Embarassed

All this work-internet, technologies will be done in an instant. The internet is a tool, and the biggest impact of that tool is speed. The speed of actions, the speed of deliberations, and the speed of information has increased, and it will continue to increase as we continually taking pace through 21st century of high-technologies.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jovylin Sandoval

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:50 am

Smile 21st Century Corporations Smile

21st Century has already started since Jan. 1, 2001 and will end up till Dec. 31, 2100. So it means we are now already in the 21st century... And as I have observed, our country is keep on modernizing, I mean more and more high-technologies are keep on arousing here. That's why we are not already naive about it, and it is already part of our lifestyle like the cell phones and computers particularly via internet that we used to it.

I know there are some people especially the old ones who didn't like it and saying that it is not good (hehe peace...!) but the thing is, we are now already in modernization so we must use it coz I know we need it.

Furthermore, if we talk about the corporations in the 21st century, since we are now already part of it, I think the corporations now are really more competitive in the sense of because they are now about clever in application of the latest software and have learned to manage an elaborate network of external relationships. They use of management via the web, constructed on technological advantages, organized around networks, built on shifting partnerships and alliances and they are being part of globalization as well.

By the way, I will just point out the importance/use of internet or any technologies on any of the corporations:

* The net can have the ability to everyone to access a mind-boggling array of information
from anywhere even in the lowliest or highest position.
* Ideas can be zapped around the globe in just a blink of an eye.
* Leading-edge technology will enable workers on the bottom rungs of the organization to seize opportunity as it arises.
* Emerging technologies will allow employees and freelancers anywhere in the world
to converse in numerous languages online without the need for a translator.
* By using information via internet to manage themselves and better serve their customer,
companies will be able to do things cheaper, faster aid with far less waste.
* Every outpost will be seamlessly connected by the net so far-flung employees and freelancers
can work together in real time.

flower On the other hand, I know and I believe that in the near future there's many more newly invented technologies will arise because of the very intelligent and broad minded that people are, but I just hope in the end, people will not be as robot as it is that there's no feelings at all and they will not forget about GOD because he is really the means of all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://juvz-14.sosblog.com
john david de peralta

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 am

Today, now, we are living in the 21st century. A lot of things have changed since then. The humble machineries of the past have evolved into a more powerful version. We cannot deny the fact that we are living now in an information age. Modernization can be seen just about anywhere.

These information age gave us a lot of things that we should be thankful for. Technological advancements
have help us in more ways than one. And also, with these development, corporations are leaning more on the option of using these faster and in some aspects, more reliable technology than people.

In my own point of view, this should not be the case. For as we know, and it has been stressed numerous times that people are the most important and they play a vital role in the success of a company. Although these technologies greatly helped in improving a corporation, people are far more superior that those things. For technology follows a strict guideline in which they follow no matter what, for they are programmed to do so. People, on the other hand, are more flexible. They can see what is best for the success of a corporation and they can change things when they see fit or for the best of the corporation.

The bottom line is, in a 21st corporation, the people should not be undermined just because of the new technology. For we know, they can make or break a corporation.. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://training.aydp.amigoas.com/johndaviddeperalta/
leah_ana_saavedra

PostSubject: 21st century corporations   Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:54 am

We are now in 21st century and I think the corporations nowadays are becoming more and more dependent to technologies (as we are living in the competitive world, one must get a head with the use of technology) and that is why many are jobless. Technology advancement is good specially for the company because if you have a good technology most likely you can produce a good product and as a result to that the consumer will be satisfied. But technology advancement is not that good for the people because as we all know if the company will be so dependent to technology they will not need many employees anymore that will lead them to downsize their employees. That is one of the reasons why some of the people think that technology is a threat. Yes it could be a threat but it could be a great help too. Just look around and you'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jan Neil Gador

PostSubject: 21st Century Corporation   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 am

A corporation, as defined in wikipedia, is a legal personality, usually used to conduct business. It exists as a product of corporate law, and their rules balance in the interests of the shareholders that invest their capital and the employees who contribute their labour.

As what I have observed, the modern corporations have given big importance to their human resource because it plays a vital role in a corporation or in a company. Corporations nowadays give priority to their hiring standards, they train, monitor and evaluate their personnels so that they would able to find and bring out the best in their personnels. As what the reporters said, "A modern company cannot stand without human resource." People work together in a corporation to produce. In modern times, corporations have become an increasingly dominant part of economic life. People relly on corporations, for their goods and services, for the value of the pensions, for economic growth and social development.

But as what I have observed in some movies, I think that in the future, companies or corporations would start to disregard their human resource and machines would start to take over. This is what some companies are trying to do. They replace their personnels with mahines because machines, although expensive, they are reliable, accurate and fast. While as to the personnels, you have to give them their monthly salary, sometimes they pose great threat to the corporation unlike machines. (Well this is only my idea).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jethro Querubin

PostSubject: 21st Century Corporations   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:55 pm

We are now living on the 21st century. But as we go through, with respect to technology, i think corporations will look like "machine-driven" companies. Most of the departments will be worked out with machines. So as the people working will be more competitive and creative. There will be no more "computer illiterate". On the other hand, i think there would be a lot of downsizing and more focused on people who can "do technologies" faster.

*Sir, i took this information from the net (http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_35/b3696001.htm). I suppose to make my own words but i was struck by the comments of this article in which i want to add to my ideas(as written above).
*These are also factors that will affect our corporations on the 21st century:

*The Creative Economy
Which companies will thrive in the coming years? Those that value ideas above all else

*The Great Transformation
New technology, particularly the Internet, is reshaping the world's business terrain. Now, companies need a whole new set of rules

*The New Leadership
The accelerated pace and complexity of business will bring dramatic changes in the corporate hierarchy

*Architectural Visions
A look at offices that might have been. Plus, two award-winning architecture firms imagine the 21st century environment in photo essays

*The Corporate Ecosystem
The old boundaries--between public and private, foreign and domestic, friend and foe--are blurring. The effect will be liberating

*Back to the Future
Globalization presents a formidable challenge--but if the history of the last century is any guide, the corporation will endure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jalil O. Paniambaan

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:45 pm

We are currently living on the 21st century. The technological development in this century is massive. With these being said, gadgets and machineries have greatly improved since time memorial. They were able to ease up the workload of a corporation.

But along with these advancement, there are some drawbacks that can be seen. The most notable are the downsizing or the lessening of the people in a corporation. There has been a lot of companies that has taken or removed personnel from their corporation due to the new technology that helped them in their work. The technology used in a corporation nowadays are far more accurate and reliable.

Some corporation today have taken some precautionary steps to help in their cost and in their budget. That is why instead of using people, they resorted to using machines and then cutting off the number of people working in a said corporation.

There are some that are giving importance to the people working in their corporation. But in doing this, they screen the most talented and what they think is the best person for a said job. Like on our targeted company, which is the Callbox ,Inc. they give importance to their people. They give interviews, tesets to see if that person is qualified for their targeted job. But if a person did not meet the standards, it doesnt mean that he/she will not be admitted. Instead, the company will look at their abilities and CallBox will then give the person a position in which he/she is capable of working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarah Jean Tisara

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:22 pm

21st Century Corporations

21st Century is already here, along with this is the evolution of technology. Technology, which is the major factor why we have all these things today. Because of technology, several things had change and develop, and a corporation is one of them. A corporation is the most common form of business organization , and one which is chartered by a state and given many legal rights as an entity separate from its owners.

Today, as we live in the 21st Century, corporations have gone far and start to take on a role of greater social responsibility. It is clear that this increase in power brings with it greater responsibility. I have observed nowadays that corporations are very competitive and have greater social participation in terms of its “civic” involvement. They provide value for the entire society in which it functions with initiatives that are not just limited to its strict area of activity. Human Resources are very significant to a corporation today, because it's the head and the hand that runs the whole corporation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
March Dawn Eder

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Arrow The 21st century corporation will not have one ideal form. Some will be completely virtual, wholly dependent on a network of suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors for their survival. Others, less so. Some of the most successful companies will be very small and very specialized; others will be gargantuan in size, scope, and complexity.

Arrow Many factors, from the need to expand beyond national borders to the inexorable shift toward intellectual capital, are driving change to corporations, but none is more important than the rise of Internet technologies. Like the steam engine or the assembly line, the Net has already become an advance with revolutionary consequences, most of which we have only begun to feel.

The Net gives everyone in the organization, from the lowliest clerk to the chairman of the board, the ability to access a mind-boggling array of information--instantaneously, from anywhere. Instead of seeping out over months or years, ideas can be zapped around the globe in the blink of an eye. That means that the 21st century corporation must adapt itself to management via the Web. It must be predicated on constant change, not stability, organized around networks, not rigid hierarchies, built on shifting partnerships and alliances, not self-sufficiency, and constructed on technological advantages, not bricks and mortar. Already, old business models that emphasized fixed assets, working capital, and economies of scale have become increasingly vulnerable to nimbler organizations that employ new technologies to reduce costs.

Arrow Leading-edge technology will enable workers on the bottom rungs of the organization to seize opportunity as it arises. Employees will increasingly feel the pressure to get breakthrough ideas to market first. Thus, the corporation will need to nurture an array of formal and informal networks to ensure that these ideas can speed into development. In the near future, companies will call on outside contractors to assemble teams of designers, prototype producers, manufacturers, and distributors to get the job done. Emerging technologies will allow employees and freelancers anywhere in the world to converse in numerous languages online without the need for a translator.

Arrow 21st century corporations will be powered by high end technologies and therefore will be very lean in terms of manpower..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
karl philip abregana

PostSubject: ASSIGNMENT 4   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:22 am

The question of what constitutes a successful fresh food company in the 21st Century was one topic at a recent new executive program. The "Produce Industry Executive Development Program", held at the Mt Eliza Business School, ran for one week. It was attended by around 40 executives from different sectors of the produce industry. The executives concluded that the five main characteristics of "outstanding" fresh food companies were: committed staff; consistent innovation; a clear strategy.

Organization structure dictates core managerial competencies. Traditional organizations relied almost
exclusively on the technical knowledge and skills of their managers. Most managers at the turn of the century, for example, expected to spend their entire careers in a single technical specialty, such as manufacturing, engineering, or sales. Only a few top executives were exposed to the broader commercial aspects of a firm, where they could obtain an understanding of all business functions and how they interacted to produce company profits. Nor were the managers and employees of various functional areas expected to be self-governing - to exercise responsible self-direction and self-control in pursuit of company goals. Instead, elaborate structures and systems were constructed to monitor and control employee behavior. In short, traditional organizations were heavy users of a limited set of human capabilities, primarily technical knowledge and skills.

After World War I, the emergence of national markets, coupled with growing consumer expectations, led to the invention of the divisional organization structure by pioneering companies such as General Motors and Sears, Roebuck. Unlike the functional structure, the divisional form organized a company into largely independent divisions, each with a full complement of functional [TABULAR DATA FOR TABLE 1 OMITTED] resources and focused on a given product line or geographic area. By capitalizing on product and market opportunities, each division became responsible for its own resource allocation and strategy implementation.

Rather than pursuing a narrow, functional career path, some managers in divisionalized firms were able to obtain a breadth of cross-disciplinary experiences and apply their knowledge in general management positions. Divisional heads, especially, were expected to employ technical, self-governance, and commercial competencies, since the organizations they ran resembled complete companies. The divisional form encouraged diversification by creating a wide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josephine Paspe

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:09 am

.-21st CenTurY-.

Sparked by new technologies, particularly the Internet, the corporation is undergoing a radical transformation that is nothing less than a new Industrial Revolution. This time around, the revolution is reaching every corner of the globe and in the process, rewriting the rules laid down by Sloan, Henry Ford, and other Industrial Age giants. The 21st century corporation that emerges will in many ways be the polar opposite of the organizations they helped shape.

-.sorry late, la pangNet...haizt!Rolling Eyes

Source: http://www.businessweek.com/common_frames/ma_0035.htm?/2000/00_35/b3696011.htm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shyenim.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)   

Back to top Go down

Assignment 4 (Due: before July9, 2008, 13:00hrs)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1